The Master "Post Your FICOs and FAKOs" Thread

The last post in this topic was posted 2279 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

After a recent discussion about the correlation between FICO® scores and FAKO scores (which I prefer to call "skores") I am creating this thread for people to post their own FICO 08s (the most commonly-used credit score for credit card decisioning), and their skores obtained from various sources (Credit Karma, Capital One Credit Tracker, Cooter's Credit Union & Bait Shop, etc.).

Rules:

- FICO 08 score and the corresponding skore must be dated in VERY close proximity to one another.

Extra leeway is granted for people with ultra-clean reports, thick files and consistently < 1% utilization, since your scores (and presumably your skores) are quite static.

- The FICO 08 and corresponding skore(s) posted must be from the same bureau.

- Please only post standard FICO 08 scores (and not 04s, auto-enhanced or bankcard-enhanced, Next Gen, etc.). If you have a question about which score model you have, please ask in the thread before posting. If you don't know whether a score is a FICO score or a fake skore, here is a quick warmup.

- Screenshots of your scores/skores are the most credible way to report your scores (unless you are tophie), but you may also simply type them.

There is no foregone conclusion to this thread. Scores/skores that are very close - and those that are not - are all being solicited.

Edited by cv91915

Transunion from CK generated today: 733. It gained 12 points from BOFA CO removal today.

Transunion from CCT generated today: 711. It gained 51 points from same.

Transunion from Cap1 Credit Tracker latest: 671. Not yet updated to reflect BOFA removal

Equifax from CK generated today: 711. Gained nothing since BOFA CO is still there.

Equifax from CCT generated today: 659. Gained nothing for same reason as above.

Credit Score icon_info.png
Next update available: 10/5/2015
My Credit Standing: Average

Credit Alerts Score History

I don't know how to paste screenshots as my attempt to paste Credit Tracker screenshot above shows.

Fair

From CK , updated 9/4/15

Your FICO® Score

As of September 05, 2015

your FICO® Score is: 745

Now , I've dropped around 50 FICO points due to utilization being through the roof , and gained about 32 FAKO points ( cray cray) . New mortgage is not reporting anywhere as of today. Once I get these repairs made, and I get my money in escrow back , I'll rebound in a couple of months. I don't know how to take screen shots ...

Edited by parisamour

EX 08: 819 EX VantageScore 3.0: 783

TU 08: 847 TU VantageScore 3.0: 829

EQ 08: 846 EQ VantageScore 3.0: 822 EQ 04: 767

My scores, with the exception of EQ 04, are pretty much static. All scores are from the past couple of days, except EX VS 3.0 which is about a month old. Unfortunately, one of my credit unions switched from EX VS 3.0 to TU VS 3.0.

There is an 80 point difference between my EQ 08 and EQ 04. This is because I let a 13% balance report on one card. There are approximately 6 cards reporting balances. EQ 04 took a huge hit. FICO 08 only experienced a small effect. EQ 08 only dropped from 850 to 846. TU 08 only dropped from 849 to 847. Both EQ FICO scores are from today.

Edited by Oilcan12

Yep, all cards with balances freaks the crap out of FICO 4. FICO 8, VS3, could care less. Much less.

The FICO 8 - FICO 04 difference is perhaps the largest I've seen but, since I say a 70 point drop for similar reasons a few years ago it's highly credible. Very peculiar artifact specific to FICO 4.

Not so highly correlated FICOs. :wave:

Edited by cashnocredit

As I noted elsewhere, I'm oversubscribed to credit monitoring. I've shut a lot of these down, but they're still active for the rest of the month.

Equifax said that I had one 3-bureau report available. I consumed it for this experiment. I also went and bought new FICOs just now. All this is same day, same data. Note that Experian now offers FICO 8.

I have an Amex BCP $13.4k and a Capital One Quicksilver One $5.3k reporting.

Hard pulls: EX 3 / EQ 0 / TU 3.

My FICO 8s from myFICO, just purchased, are: EX 748 / EQ 738 / TU 737.

American Express Credit Secure PLUS® score: EX 773 / EQ 785 / TU 773.

USAA Experian VantageScore 3.0®: EX 745 / EQ 759 / TU 745

Equifax: EX 708 / EQ 743 / TU 689

Experian (FICO 8): 748.

Smart Credit (TU): 745 B+.

TransUnion (Based on VantageScore): 762 C.

Also, American Express says my EX FICO 8 was 740 on 8/26. PenFed says my EQ FICO NG 2 was 659 on 6/9.

Edited by harryfpotter

I must say that there should be some explanation of what the name of the score is that you get from Fico (08) as well as from anyone else who offers either a paid (CCT for example) or offered (credit card) score.

It is very deceptive and when you apply for a credit card or car loan I certainly think they should have to release what exact type of score they are seeking.

As for CK, well, you get what you don't pay for but they should have to say it is an internally generated non FICO score.

It approaches reprehensible in my book.

I must say that there should be some explanation of what the name of the score is that you get from Fico (08) as well as from anyone else who offers either a paid (CCT for example) or offered (credit card) score.

It is very deceptive and when you apply for a credit card or car loan I certainly think they should have to release what exact type of score they are seeking.

As for CK, well, you get what you don't pay for but they should have to say it is an internally generated non FICO score.

It approaches reprehensible in my book.

CK does state the exact type. They are VantageScore 3.0 scores which are not "internally generated" but by TU and EQ.

The last post in this topic was posted 2279 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.