"Certified Used" vs "Used" is worth $2000?

The last post in this topic was posted 2276 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

2013 cars - same make, same model even same color. They have between 31,000 and 42,000. The 3 certified are $1800 - $2000 more than the "used" -and it has the lowest mileage.

The $50 difference in monthly payment would cover my car insurance. I know what a "certified used" car is, but I have no idea if it's worth $2000. (And if the car that's not certified is somehow worse than the cars that are.)

Thanks!

mileage is 31,000 to 42,000. oops.

Yeah as mentioned a true certified car is sold at a dealer that sells that make only and no place else so make sure that's the case.. Also there is a certain standard they have to meet to be certified so in theory it should be a better vehicle but that's not always the case. And like others mentioned the warranty really is key, most are better then the new car warranty at least on the power train.

But be careful some dealers like to certify cars that shouldn't be..

I guess it the term has become diluted by independent used car lots calling anything CPO. The significance of a manufacturer certified pre-owned car is that it comes with an extended warranty from the manufacturer. DGF bought a an off-lease Audi from an Audi dealer, and it came with the same warranty as a new car.

Edited by JeffeVerde

Real certified preowned cars are usually only found at the dealership for that make. A Toyota dealership selling a Honda Accord isn't going to be offering it as certified but a Honda dealership selling that same car would. So that could be one reason why the used option wasn't certified.

I understand.

I took it that only one dealership was involved since OP did not mention otherwise.

The last post in this topic was posted 2276 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.