Need Help With My Credit Clean Up Plan

TTree

The last post in this topic was posted 3098 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum a while and have learned a ton about cleaning up credit issues. I was hoping I could ask a few questions as I wanted to see if people agree with my reasoning.

My scores currently range from 560 to 580 and as it stands I have one credit card from Capital One with a $2,300 limit and zero balance. They started me at $300 and bumped it up a few months ago. They have offered me auto financing as well which I may use as it's time for me to get a new vehicle as well. Does anyone know if they report to the bureaus for auto loans?

The past marks on my report are not as clean due to a few layoffs and frankly just not handling thing correctly. I have sent a validation letter to most and received some responses. Any thoughts on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated.

My thought would be to start with verification letters to the bureaus, can these be completed online? Another common suggestion is getting old addresses removed from your report. Would you do the same with old employment? Experian lists one of my old jobs and I am not sure it fthis makes any sense to remove. I would have used it as employment on an application for a few of the accounts below.

Negative accounts are as follows:

Creditor Citi 1 Citi 2 Chase Listed At All All All Date Opened 3/1/2007 12/1/2004 1/1/2006 Date of Delinquent 5/1/2012 5/1/2012 4/1/2012 Status Updated 8/10/2015 8/6/2015 6/29/2015 Rev or Instal Revolving Revolving Revolving Payment Status Late/Charge-off/Collection Late/Charge-off/Collection Late/Charge-off/Collection Limit/Original 10,800.00 4,560.00 8,100.00 Balance 11,803.00 3,173.00 9,333.00 Open/Closed Closed Closed Closed Utilization 109% 70% 115%

Citi 1 responded to my validation letter with a First USA Internet Application (one page with some data on my account) and sending a copy of my statements.

Citi 2 has agreed to a settlement which I am now seeing I shouldn't have done, it will lead to a "paid settled for less" which isn't a good thing. This was agreed to with a collection company called ARS and I have two payments remaining. Should I offer a single payment for slightly more with the stipulation of removal from my report?

Chase sent a letter stating their information is correct and they have sent an update to the bureaus and of course statements as well.

Creditor Discover Lending Club Security Crecit Svcs Listed At All All EQ, EX Date Opened 8/1/2006 3/1/2011 4/1/2013 Date of Delinquent 1/1/2013 4/1/2013 Status Updated 7/21/2015 8/31/2014 5/28/2015 Rev or Instal Revolving Installment Collection Payment Status Settlement/Paid for Less Late/Charge-off/Collection Late/Collection Limit/Original 8,000.00 16,000.00 12,522.00 Balance - 12,372.00 12,522.00 Open/Closed Closed Closed Closed Utilization 0% 77% 100% I stupidly had made a deal with Discover as well that didn't lead to removal of the negative marks. Should I send them a goodwill letter in hopes they will delete the mark? It seems a bit tougher with OCs from what I have read, any thoughts would be great.

Security Credit Services is a collection account for Lending Club. They send a borrower agreement as a show of validation.

It was over 30 days and none of these show my account in dispute. Has anyone pushed that angle with success?

Thanks ahead of time for the help on my questions, I now have stable employment and am looking to clean up my debt/credit situation as best as possible. The beginner section and PsychDoc tutorials were a great intro but any thoughts from the great people here would certainly help my planning.

TTree: Can you post a snapshot of these accounts directly from your report (with identifying data blacked out, of course)? The neat and tidy database format that you tried to copy and paste from didn't quite translate into your post and it's tough on the eyes trying to make sense of it all.

If you can do that, it'll be a lot easier for folks to assist you. :)

Thank you fallencyi.

Sorry pressman0523, that didn't post as planned. This came out rather long, I unfortunately have a decent amount on my report.

Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum a while and have learned a ton about cleaning up credit issues. I was hoping I could ask a few questions as I wanted to see if people agree with my reasoning.

My scores currently range from 560 to 580 and as it stands I have one credit card from Capital One with a $2,300 limit and zero balance. They started me at $300 and bumped it up a few months ago. They have offered me auto financing as well which I may use as it's time for me to get a new vehicle as well. Does anyone know if they report to the bureaus for auto loans?

The past marks on my report are not as clean due to a few layoffs and frankly just not handling thing correctly. I have sent a validation letter to most and received some responses. Any thoughts on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated.

My thought would be to start with verification letters to the bureaus, can these be completed online? Another common suggestion is getting old addresses removed from your report. Would you do the same with old employment? Experian lists one of my old jobs and I am not sure it fthis makes any sense to remove. I would have used it as employment on an application for a few of the accounts below.

Negative accounts are as follows:

Creditor - Citi Credit Card

Listed on all reports

Opened 3/1/07

Delinquent 5/1/12

Updated 8/10/15

Charge-off

Creditor - Citi Credit Card

On all reports

Opened 12/1/04

Delinquent 5/1/12

Updated 8/6/15

Charge-off

Creditor - Chase Credit Card

On all reports

Opened 1/1/06

Delinquent 4/1/12

Updated 6/29/15

Charge-off

Creditor - Discover Credit Card

On all reports

Opened 8/1/06

Updated 7/21/15

Settled/paid for less

Lending Club Peer to Peer

All reports

Opened 3/1/11

Delinquent 1/1/13

Updated 8/31/14

Charge off

Security Credit Services - Collector for Lending Club

EQ and EX

Opened 4/1/13

Delinquent 4/1/13

Updated 5/28/15

Late/Collection

Citi 1 responded to my validation letter with a First USA Internet Application (one page with some data on my account) and sending a copy of my statements.

Citi 2 has agreed to a settlement which I am now seeing I shouldn't have done, it will lead to a "paid settled for less" which isn't a good thing. This was agreed to with a collection company called ARS and I have two payments remaining. Should I offer a single payment for slightly more with the stipulation of removal from my report?

Chase sent a letter stating their information is correct and they have sent an update to the bureaus and of course statements as well.

I stupidly had made a deal with Discover as well that didn't lead to removal of the negative marks. Should I send them a goodwill letter in hopes they will delete the mark? It seems a bit tougher with OCs from what I have read, any thoughts would be great.

Security Credit Services is a collection account for Lending Club. They send a borrower agreement as a show of validation.

It was over 30 days and none of these show my account in dispute. Has anyone pushed that angle with success?

Thanks ahead of time for the help on my questions, I now have stable employment and am looking to clean up my debt/credit situation as best as possible. The beginner section and PsychDoc tutorials were a great intro but any thoughts from the great people here would certainly help my planning.

The last post in this topic was posted 3098 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.