5 BADDIES LEFT, ALL OUT OF WAYS TO REMOVE! HELP! !

Marcusbaytbm

The last post in this topic was posted 3098 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have five collections left to remove on my Experian report one still in dispute, hopefully it gets removed. What can i do ? one collection account is at a small amount so I'm going to pay up, another is set to drop off with-in the next few months. Credit board - What can i do to remove the the other 2 Baddies. HELP! !

Lobel Financial (Car) BALANCE $6,235 Set to drop off In 2020

USA DISCOUNTER CREDIT (Electronics) - BALANCE $1460 set to drop off 2019

Edited by Marcusbaytbm

What have you tried so far? When is the SOL past for the ones you listed above? I think it's safe to assume they are still within the SOL so I would be careful about being sued.

In regards to the small one you are going to pay, what kind of collection account is it? Did you try paying the OC? If you are truly out of options, then at least try a Pay For Delete, but I really really doubt you are out of options.

You should post more info about all of your collections so some of the experts here can throw out some opinions. I think you have underestimated the number of ways you can attack these and I fear you are jumping into this without doing enough research, which very well might result in you being sued.

Start by posting what the collections are, DOFD, amount due, state you are in, and what you have tried so far.

What have you tried so far? When is the SOL past for the ones you listed above? I think it's safe to assume they are still within the SOL so I would be careful about being sued.

In regards to the small one you are going to pay, what kind of collection account is it? Did you try paying the OC? If you are truly out of options, then at least try a Pay For Delete, but I really really doubt you are out of options.

You should post more info about all of your collections so some of the experts here can throw out some opinions. I think you have underestimated the number of ways you can attack these and I fear you are jumping into this without doing enough research, which very well might result in you being sued.

Start by posting what the collections are, DOFD, amount due, state you are in, and what you have tried so far.

Well, first off. Thank you for responding. I currently reside in California. Here are a few collection that are on my Experian report.

Lobel Financial (Car) BALANCE - $6,235 (Closed) Went into collections Sept 2014., Set to drop off In 2020 Fairly new

USA DISCOUNTER CREDIT (Electronics) - BALANCE - $1460 (Charged off)Went into collection Feb 2012., set to drop off 2019.

Your right, I haven't really did a lot of researching but i have done enough to remove what i could. Now the other collection accounts that were removed were disputed with the CB as "Obsolete".

I'm fairly new to the game of "Being Sued" What would be the reasoning? I mean i know why, but wouldn't it be difficult for a creditor in such a state like California to sue

What do you suggest ?

Edited by Marcusbaytbm

Marcus, what is the Date of First Delinquency (DoFD) on each account. This is not the date that they "went into collections"; rather, it is the date when the accounts first went into the default status that triggered the current negative reporting. I.e. if the USA DISCOUNTER CREDIT "went into collection" in February of 2012, then I'm guessing the actual DoFD was sometime in mid 2011 since most companies charge off six months after the last payment (due to tax regulations) and then sell the debt to a collector.

As Slayer noted, you need to be careful about poking the beast with these two accounts as they are most likely still within the statute of limitations for legal action - you'll need to check the laws of your state to be sure. Look for the SOL for both installment accounts (for Lobel) and revolving accounts (USA DISCOUNT).

If possible, the best thing to do would be to take a digital screenshot of these two accounts on your credit reports, black out any identifying information, and share those images here so that we can get a more complete look at their reporting status.

Marcus, what is the Date of First Delinquency (DoFD) on each account. This is not the date that they "went into collections"; rather, it is the date when the accounts first went into the default status that triggered the current negative reporting. I.e. if the USA DISCOUNTER CREDIT "went into collection" in February of 2012, then I'm guessing the actual DoFD was sometime in mid 2011 since most companies charge off six months after the last payment (due to tax regulations) and then sell the debt to a collector.

As Slayer noted, you need to be careful about poking the beast with these two accounts as they are most likely still within the statute of limitations for legal action - you'll need to check the laws of your state to be sure. Look for the SOL for both installment accounts (for Lobel) and revolving accounts (USA DISCOUNT).

If possible, the best thing to do would be to take a digital screenshot of these two accounts on your credit reports, black out any identifying information, and share those images here so that we can get a more complete look at their reporting status.

Ok cool. I will do

Ok Cool. I will do

I'm fairly new to the game of "Being Sued" What would be the reasoning? (The reasoning is that you owe them money and are not paying them. They can take you to court to get a judgement and you are legally required to pay. They will even garnish your wages.) I mean i know why, but wouldn't it be difficult for a creditor in such a state like California to sue (No, not at all if they have the paperwork and it's still within the SOL. If you don't have a solid defense, you will lose. It's regular practice for creditors obtain judgements, especially when the debt it $6000)

What do you suggest ?

I'm not an expert on this, but there are several here that can help. I had some large debts that I successfully waited out. I wouldn't recommend it though, I just got REALLY lucky. Is Lobel Financial the original creditor or a collection agency? If it's the original creditor, it might be best to work out a payment play. I would standby and wait for an experts opinion though. It might be best to come back with a thread that lists everything you know, like every single one of your negative accounts, how much you owe, who the original creditor is, who the collection agency is, who is reporting it (it can be both), what the date of first delinquency is, etc. The more you post, the more we can help. I would also start reading all of the pinned topics (like the newbie ones).

Edited by EternalDebtSlayer

Shoot I have something I've been trying to get off Ex since June and it's due to Fall off October 15. I last tried a week ago, they are the toughest of tough, BUT if you listen to the advice these guys give you, you will end up being a happy camper. I choose just to play the waiting game since mine has been so close to falling off.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ughhhhh, I just tried calling them and they just won't remove my charge off. I asked why and she just said they are required to report for 7yrs and so I have to wait until Oct. DUMBBB! It's so frustrating because it's KILLING my utilization. It's reporting as charge off, but somehow connects with my current utl. Feeling defeated today.

u probaly dont have to wait til OCT tommorow is SEPT 1 call only i call 3 times a day when i wont something removed wait like 30 mins before u try again i feel your frustration. in july i had a baddie i called like the 27th they told me no.i wasnt hearing that a new month makes a big difference for there computer. call tommorow if one say no keep calling stay persistant.

Thanx!!! You gave me hope back! :) Maybe I'm not saying enough, anything specific you say? I so should've waited until the 1st to call!! Do they record every time you call? I thought I was golden, the younger lady was very polite, guess you just never know. Maybe flirting with a man will get me what I want....did I say that??!! Lol.

flygirl i dont think they record anything i just say i would like to remove a account do to old age and they say let me take look some quote from the script i always start the coversation by asking how there doing and i can pretty much tell from they reply how its going to go dont take call tommorow if the first try fails wait 30 call back dont get down if they say no just keep calling because they will remove it before OCT. good luck.

EX will remove all of those 3months early from DOFD

This is kind of irrelevant since two of them don't fall off until 2019 and 2020

Ughhhhh, I just tried calling them and they just won't remove my charge off. I asked why and she just said they are required to report for 7yrs and so I have to wait until Oct. DUMBBB! It's so frustrating because it's KILLING my utilization. It's reporting as charge off, but somehow connects with my current utl. Feeling defeated today.

Just send them a letter stating that the account is too old to be reporting and demand that they remove it. It can be a very short/simple letter.

Here's what worked for me:

"This letter is in regards to account name and number. This account is too old told to be legally reporting on my credit report. Remove it from my report immediately, per the Fair Credit Reporting Act"

The last post in this topic was posted 3098 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.