Sign in to follow this  
fiveyearplan66

Who else scores are like mines now?

Please forgive me, I'm just seeing this thread for the first time and admittedly have NOT read it fully yet so I'm just going by the title....

Which mines are we discussing here?

2dcba8fc59a037ead141aa8f6eba4031_zpsjgii

or

548f0f61cd91956676e80c7be4f5b590_zps5yd6

or

fd07b883dd7473812aecf5362f3f2e8b_zpsspxd

And mines have scores? :dntknw:

Please forgive me, I'm just seeing this thread for the first time and admittedly have NOT read it fully yet so I'm just going by the title....

Which mines are we discussing here?2dcba8fc59a037ead141aa8f6eba4031_zpsjgii

or548f0f61cd91956676e80c7be4f5b590_zps5yd6

orfd07b883dd7473812aecf5362f3f2e8b_zpsspxd

Hahaha(I don't know how to make a laughing emoticon yet, so. . .) This is funny, I didn't even notice that until now. :D Edited by certifiedmommy

Sure they do. Those toe poppers are an 7/10 on the pucker scale. Bouncing betties and claymores are 9/10. A 155 howitzer shell with a remote trigger is an 11/10. Edited by Konrad2012

You didn't get heat, you got answers, and yet you continued to re-post the question with different wording. If you felt it was rude, so be it, you are entitled to your opinion, I was simply suggesting that maybe you confused directness with rudeness and may want to re-read to ensure you got the answers you were looking for.

The reality is the OP's original premise was flawed, and the reasons "Why" were clearly explained.

Then you asked why people don't advise people to get bad cards and that was also answered.

+1 :good:

Boy was I way off, sorry everybody, according to dap man it's something else entirely. :sorry:3511f632a806129fb50b9f2589ff38aa_zpshnmu

It's ok. You are from a different walk of life. Try asking someone from the west side of Chicago if they have ever been on an equestrian trail.

or

or

Thanks for this. I gathered it was a typo, but I went the wrong direction.

b0d86bcc5866a28ae283464128d0a887.jpg

Or maybe I should clarify, not literally what credit forum it came from, but why do people advise this? Was there a time when store cards did help your credit or are they just pulling this stuff out of their behinds? And please do not state the obvious that it it just bad advise, I'd like a real answer, please and thank you in advance.

Let's not worry about where it came from, it's simply wrong and never was correct. It's wrong and didn't come from here. There's no reason to repeat bad advice.

You don't need store credit. Major CCs alone can build 800+ FICOs.

I can agree with that. Sounds logical. I also believe that the bigger my credit limits are now will later attract , bigger limits than the ones I have now. I plan on increasing my secured card to $2500 which is the max for that card and get fingerhut to increase to its full potential. ..and just use the other two for my L.A. fitness and my Netflix accounts to show activity. Hopefully within the next few months my federal tax lien will be withdrawn. So with what I am working with now, soon I expect to reap some rewards of my own. You guys can continue to comment here, as I am done with this topic. Moving on. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

So you are going to ignore the 4 no AF secured CCs that I posted? :rolleyes:

So, I have to pay to join an organization thats affiliated with them first to be eligible?oh ok.... I see what you did there!

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt earlier...... but ..... Some of the credit unions even give you the $1 to open your savings account with them. And some of the affiliated organizations can be joined for free with a code if you look around enough.

Or maybe I should clarify, not literally what credit forum it came from, but why do people advise this? Was there a time when store cards did help your credit or are they just pulling this stuff out of their behinds? And please do not state the obvious that it it just bad advise, I'd like a real answer, please and thank you in advance.

Let's not worry about where it came from, it's simply wrong and never was correct. It's wrong and didn't come from here. There's no reason to repeat bad advice.

I'm only skimming this thread as I'm not overly enthused with the negativity in it. But I will point out that the emphasized statement in red, above, is inaccurate. Back in the day - around 2008-2010 - this advice was freely and readily handed out on this forum to those looking to rebuild their credit. Yes, there were folks who advised against it and who also warned about the long-term consequences of having such cards on your reports, but I can clearly remember plenty of posts from then-seasoned members suggesting that folks who need credit apply for cards like GAP, FingerHut, Best Buy, etc.

It may be frowned on now, but it most certainly wasn't back then. For what it's worth.... :)

I'm only skimming this thread as I'm not overly enthused with the negativity in it. But I will point out that the emphasized statement in red, above, is inaccurate. Back in the day - around 2008-2010 - this advice was freely and readily handed out on this forum to those looking to rebuild their credit. Yes, there were folks who advised against it and who also warned about the long-term consequences of having such cards on your reports, but I can clearly remember plenty of posts from then-seasoned members suggesting that folks who need credit apply for cards like GAP, FingerHut, Best Buy, etc.

It may be frowned on now, but it most certainly wasn't back then. For what it's worth.... :)

Any examples? I've never seen that posted here except for that horrible SCT thread.

And I doubt any of the people posting in this thread are reading old topics from 2008-2010, so it is accurate for the active members here right now. None of them read it here.

There are a lot more regular secured cards - that graduate - available now than there used to be.

or

or

Thanks, that was bugging me but I didn't post about it. "Mines" used this way is one of my biggest pet peeves, along with "irregardless" and "Valentime's Day" :beee:

There are a lot more regular secured cards - that graduate - available now than there used to be.

This. When I started on this forum, a GAP or Target card would have been my baby step up to credit worthiness.

or

or

Thanks, that was bugging me but I didn't post about it. "Mines" used this way is one of my biggest pet peeves, along with "irregardless" and "Valentime's Day" :beee:

and some of us have pet peeves about people quoting large posts without it adding to their quality of their response :rofl:

Sure are! CertifiedMommy was asking broadly about the history behind why longer-term credit repairers have espoused the idea that store cards and the like were okay to use for rebuilding. That little bit of history is all I was attesting to. :)

Oh, and....HI, Breeze! And Jen23514! :D (Jen and I fought some good battles against a certain Kentucky-based CA back in the day. Ahh...memories....)