Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

R$...for those afraid of the M

The last post in this topic was posted 1479 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Another way to double dip cash back is through fatwallet. I buy almost everything online (including amazon pantry purchases! :D) By doing so thru fat wallet, not only do I earn points and/or cash back on my cards, I earn cash back thru FW. I average between $35-80 per month depending on purchases.

http://www.fatwallet.com/?referral=jjjenks

That is a referral link fwiw, but doesn't negate how awesome using that site for extra cash back has been for me.

Even for work travel, I find booking hotels thru there and of course paying with my personal card for reimbursement can really add up the cash back per month (not accounted for in the above averages).

whatever works... :D

I've gotten almost 20K AA miles this year going through their shopping portal.

You can get AA miles through fatwallet?

"Their" referring to AA.

Oh sure. I should have realized that.

Has your "back to school" bonus posted yet? Still waiting on mine. I love the portals.

Another way to double dip cash back is through fatwallet. I buy almost everything online (including amazon pantry purchases! :D) By doing so thru fat wallet, not only do I earn points and/or cash back on my cards, I earn cash back thru FW. I average between $35-80 per month depending on purchases.

http://www.fatwallet.com/?referral=jjjenks

That is a referral link fwiw, but doesn't negate how awesome using that site for extra cash back has been for me.

Even for work travel, I find booking hotels thru there and of course paying with my personal card for reimbursement can really add up the cash back per month (not accounted for in the above averages).

whatever works... :D

I've gotten almost 20K AA miles this year going through their shopping portal.

You can get AA miles through fatwallet?
"Their" referring to AA.

Oh sure. I should have realized that.

Has your "back to school" bonus posted yet? Still waiting on mine. I love the portals.

Not yet.

1.Get a Serve / BB /RB card.

2.Buy Visa Gift cards wherever you get the best cash back.

3. Load Gift cards on to Serve

4. Pay bills (to include the credit card you purchased Visa Gift Cards with) from Serve.

Hi Snark........just got my wife's serve card through today and am very keen to get cracking with this. However, I did want to clarify one other thing............So if I get something like the vanilla gift card (by the way which gift card has "served you the best"), pay whatever fee it costs to load up say $5.95 but then I also have to pay a fee to load the serve card.......so right there I am probably looking at making no money on this with my reward cards as they currently stand especially as I can't find a vendor that my discover or barclaycard will pay 5% cash back that sells the gift cards in my area.......I thought I would have a good chance with department stores or amazon (which are the current 5% cashback offers with discover) selling the visa gift cards but no cigar.......so really the only point right now for me to do this is essentially pay to help my credit lines in the future.......which is fine with me as I am sure that it will also help me get better cards with better rewards eventually

Edited by leedspaddy

1.Get a Serve / BB /RB card.

2.Buy Visa Gift cards wherever you get the best cash back.

3. Load Gift cards on to Serve

4. Pay bills (to include the credit card you purchased Visa Gift Cards with) from Serve.

Hi Snark........just got my wife's serve card through today and am very keen to get cracking with this. However, I did want to clarify one other thing............So if I get something like the vanilla gift card (by the way which gift card has "served you the best"), pay whatever fee it costs to load up say $5.95 but then I also have to pay a fee to load the serve card.......so right there I am probably looking at making no money on this with my reward cards as they currently stand especially as I can't find a vendor that my discover or barclaycard will pay 5% cash back that sells the gift cards in my area.......I thought I would have a good chance with department stores or amazon (which are the current 5% cashback offers with discover) selling the visa gift cards but no cigar.......so really the only point right now for me to do this is essentially pay to help my credit lines in the future.......which is fine with me as I am sure that it will also help me get better cards with better rewards eventually
I prefer Metabank gift cards, Vanilla is ok if loaded at Family Dollar. Most importantly You should have NO fees to load your Serve, just the cost to purchase the gift card, report back if you do. Edited by NoPresetSnarkLimit

Which Barclay card do you have? And assuming you are in the double cash back year on Discover you can still scratch out a little profit paying 5.95 for $500 gift cards. Your best bet is Simon malls for 3.95 purchase fee $500 gift cards with your current credit cards.

Edit to add, sorry was on mobile, couldn't see your sig, you're good, you can make a profit.

Edited by NoPresetSnarkLimit

Which Barclay card do you have? And assuming you are in the double cash back year on Discover you can still scratch out a little profit paying 5.95 for $500 gift cards. Your best bet is Simon malls for 3.95 purchase fee $500 gift cards with your current credit cards.

Edit to add, sorry was on mobile, couldn't see your sig, you're good, you can make a profit.

Hi Snark, I only read what was on the serve website that stated that when you reload with cash (using the gift card as a debit is the same as cash for this purposes) at family dollar and CVS that there will "likely" with a fee to do so upto $3.95.......so I have no idea if that is true but I'll find out tomorrow when I purchase my first small gift card for $100 to check that this works for me....if it works then I'll start buying the $500 gift cards.

Stick with Family Dollar, you likely won't have success loading at CVS unless it is (real)cash.

so about Metabank giftcards.......do you buy them online from Metabank.com or are you able to buy them in the stores? If you buy them online, you can still buy them with a credit card right? Also I never asked this before............Once you buy the first giftcard, you have to keep buying new ones as the original purchase allows you to use a credit card.....so by this I mean you can't reload any giftcard with a credit card.....correct?

First post, and a great thread. I have been using only cash back cards for a year now already and loving it. Never tried M$ of any kind, just been doing every single bit of normal spend on cards and I literally spend nothing not on a credit card.

I did get a few new cards and hit my spending requirement for two of them, the last I'm working on now but not sure I'll hit it by the end of this month. Might need to do a one time M$ spend of say $400-500 to get my full bonus. I have a bluebird card I've had for a couple years that I used for oddball internet game purchases and such where I did not want to use a real cc. Not used it in over a year. But maybe this will help my M$ this month? I have never used it besides the basic $20 load a couple times a year via my checking account.

If I purchase a Visa debit card can I load it at family dollar like serve? Can I then withdraw back out to my checking account? Sorry for noob questions, I hate to join and ask questions right off but this thread was perfectly what I was looking for.

First post, and a great thread. I have been using only cash back cards for a year now already and loving it. Never tried M$ of any kind, just been doing every single bit of normal spend on cards and I literally spend nothing not on a credit card.

I did get a few new cards and hit my spending requirement for two of them, the last I'm working on now but not sure I'll hit it by the end of this month. Might need to do a one time M$ spend of say $400-500 to get my full bonus. I have a bluebird card I've had for a couple years that I used for oddball internet game purchases and such where I did not want to use a real cc. Not used it in over a year. But maybe this will help my M$ this month? I have never used it besides the basic $20 load a couple times a year via my checking account.

If I purchase a Visa debit card can I load it at family dollar like serve? Can I then withdraw back out to my checking account? Sorry for noob questions, I hate to join and ask questions right off but this thread was perfectly what I was looking for.

If you are just doing it the one time, yiud be alright..but continually repeating that (loading then dumping straight to your checking, without any real spend) might cause problems. The chance might be slim, but there could be a chance of them not liking that. I think some people haven't had a problem with that but I don't have any personal experience either way. Just what I heard

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Bluebirds have to be loaded at Walmart right? I know my RB has to be loaded at Target.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Bluebirds have to be loaded at Walmart right? I know my RB has to be loaded at Target.

Yes Bluebirds are reloaded at Walmart registers or Walmart Money Center Express kiosk

Well, crap.

I went the bluebird route.

I bought a $500 Vanilla card yesterday from CVS.

But according to what I'm reading online, it looks unlikely that I can load bluebird from the vanilla card??

Well, crap.

But according to what I'm reading online, it looks unlikely that I can load bluebird from the vanilla card??

Vanilla won't typically work at WM. You need non Vanilla visa gift cards. Most CVS / Walgreens only sell Vanilla.

If you are doing BB then Visa Gift cards from a grocery store or the $200 visa gift cards from office supply stores work.

Well, crap.

On the bright side...you have a CVS that takes credit cards for VGC, not everyone is so lucky.

You can load Vanilla at Walmart still but it's 49 bucks max at a time. You might also consider just getting a money order with the VGC and depositing it in your bank (do this sparingly)

Ok, so for this initial misstep (buying vanilla card), I can just go to a grocery store, draft a money order from the VGC and then deposit the money order into my checking account?

And for the future, I'll get one of the other cards that is verified to currently be working at Wal-Mart?

Between the Platinum I just got, and I got approved SPGs today for my wife and I, I need to churn through $9,000 over the next three months...but I'd actually like to do it within the month. Is doing this VGC method realistic in accomplishing that or is it becoming more difficult every day to move money around like this?

Yes, depending on the grocery store, some only will take cash. You will hit limits on the BB account but you can do the rest with VGC to money order to accomplish your spend. Google Simon malls for your area, some are not labeled as such but Simon own the property. Bulk 500 Meta VGC's you can hit your spend in a day, then liquidate at your leisure.

My closest Simon Mall is 90 miles. Do other mall chains have the same or similar products?

Westfield is close.

BTW, Snark...thank you for your contribution and responsiveness to questions. You definitely have OP integrity and appreciate the responsibility when one opens a thread.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    samlarson
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines