Sign in to follow this  
NoPresetSnarkLimit

R$...for those afraid of the M

Can one person (one SS#) have a Serve, Redbird and Bluebird account or must you pick just one?

No. One per SSN, but you can get creative,(family members) they don't seem to care whose name is on the Serve/BB/RB, they'd rather focus whose name isn't on the gift cards

Edited by NoPresetSnarkLimit

Can one person (one SS#) have a Serve, Redbird and Bluebird account or must you pick just one?

No. One per SSN, but you can get creative,(family members) they don't seem to care whose name is on the Serve/BB/RB, they'd rather focus whose name isn't on the gift cards

Since I just got a,Serve, should I get my wife a Serve or one of the others?

I went with a RB and Serve to start, the 5% off at Target and free shipping works for me as not many credit cards will give more than 1% as its coded as discount store. BOA codes Walmart (mine does, YMMV) as grocery store so it's helpful.

I think the best reason to mix it up is that things change, if something stops working temporarily or permanently, I can switch off easily and still meet my goals.

So if I created a Bluebird account, I can transfer funds to Bluebird from a Visa or Mastercard Gift Card?

I don't do Bluebird but essentially the same as Serve, yes.

I went to CVS to look at buying some prepaid visa cards, but I didn't realize they had a $5 activation fee. I don't really want to pay $5 every time I load up $500...

I'm trying to meet my spending bonus for my new Amex Platinum...can I just transfer funds straight from the Plat to the Bluebird? And then from Bluebird back to my normal checking account to pay back the Plat?

You looked at the wrong thing.

Serve, RB, BB are all free to get online.

Prepaid Spending (like Serve, Netspend, GoCard)cards vs Visa Gift cards with a purchase fee.

And no you cannot transfer from Plat to BB

1.Get a Serve / BB /RB card.

2.Buy Visa Gift cards wherever you get the best cash back.

3. Load Gift cards on to Serve

4. Pay bills (to include the credit card you purchased Visa Gift Cards with) from Serve.

My favorite part aside from the cash back on my statements :clapping:

5ddc1921377f3e4bec8df4c4e8c7f187_zpsamei

6887950f7229dc79c043d0e0c8aeb2b9_zpsbtcw

This I don't get. My grocery rewards give either $0.10 or $0.20 off a gallon but no more. Ralphs at Shell, Vons at Chevron and Food4Less at their own stations.

I cant get up to 1.00 off of gas but no more. Kroger has their own gas pumps so they allow the 1.00 off but if you use your Kroger number at a Shell station I think it's only .10 or .20. But 1.00 off is good enough for me. If gas keeps going down that will put me under a 1.00 for a gallon and that's unreal IMO.

Some additional data on new blue Serve cards. If you are just starting out and plan to pick up a Serve card off the rack

Look for older packages.

3727 41 If you see these in store, they are older type, get it.

Why Snark? I just ordered the card for my wife online....should get it this week.............so why does it matter which version of SERVE you get?

Some additional data on new blue Serve cards. If you are just starting out and plan to pick up a Serve card off the rack

Look for older packages.

3727 41 If you see these in store, they are older type, get it.

Why Snark? I just ordered the card for my wife online....should get it this week.............so why does it matter which version of SERVE you get?

You'll be fine with it, just currently seems the new Blue is having some difficulty loading at Walmart, no problems at Familiy Dollar.

The slightly older versions I've mentioned and OneVip do not have the same issue. I'm sure it will sort itself out and I do not have enough data to speak against new blue, just pointing others to a slightly better choice if they can get it.

At any rate, you can always change from the different Serve products (with some delays) but Amex will cancel one and issue you a different type if your first choice doesn't work out as well as it should. I'm hoping for some repeated and solid testing next weekend across three different Walmarts to see what the problem is. Could just be store specific.

I went to CVS to look at buying some prepaid visa cards, but I didn't realize they had a $5 activation fee. I don't really want to pay $5 every time I load up $500...

I'm trying to meet my spending bonus for my new Amex Platinum.

$30-$50 in fees to meet a spend bonus for 100,000 MR's in 5 minutes is a pretty good deal. Your could always just eat at really nice restaurants for a couple weeks.

380a8484201894f903c1a20cf0a8e023_zpsegz6

3d0c31d86d0b825cbd142478fe580ef3_zpsz6jx

A whole bunch of NOT A GIFT CARD

89ace2cf26753075799467e1e3f32dcb_zpsdry8

I'm trying to meet my spending bonus for my new Amex Platinum.

$30-$50 in fees to meet a spend bonus for 100,000 MR's in 5 minutes is a pretty good deal. Your could always just eat at really nice restaurants for a couple weeks.

Yeah, I'm ok spending those $4 / $5 purchase and activation fees, I was just hoping there was a way without those fees, but it looks unlikely.

4. Pay bills (to include the credit card you purchased Visa Gift Cards with) from Serve.

So the Visa Gift cards are different from the pictures you posted? Because I saw plenty of the cards that you posted (with purchase fees) but I didn't see any gift cards (do these have no purchase fees?).

So the Visa Gift cards are different from the pictures you posted? Because I saw plenty of the cards that you posted (with purchase fees) but I didn't see any gift cards (do these have no purchase fees?).
Correct! The pictures I posted are merely vessels for loading the visa gift cards. There are many vessels: bluebird, Redbirds , Serve, net spend , go bank, t mobile etc.

The Visa Gift Cards DO have purchase fees (but no activation fees) the purchase fee is more than offset by the points you will earn buying them, especially if you buy only $500 gift cards.

As Konrad suggested: to meet spend of 3000 on your Platinum you could buy 6x $500 gift cards for approx $36 in fees for which you'd earn (at least )

3036 MR points not to mention the 100k points.

Another way to double dip cash back is through fatwallet. I buy almost everything online (including amazon pantry purchases! :D) By doing so thru fat wallet, not only do I earn points and/or cash back on my cards, I earn cash back thru FW. I average between $35-80 per month depending on purchases.

http://www.fatwallet.com/?referral=jjjenks

That is a referral link fwiw, but doesn't negate how awesome using that site for extra cash back has been for me.

Even for work travel, I find booking hotels thru there and of course paying with my personal card for reimbursement can really add up the cash back per month (not accounted for in the above averages).

whatever works... :D

Edited by Jen23514

Just for anyone coming along

This is what you seek (package color may vary) These happen to be Metabank issued.

fb272bc63b974ceb54f8d17b45783d17_zpsggcy

Here are some Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (nothing wrong with them unless your primary loading place is Walmart, they work fine at Family Dollar

aae7d22d7cabb72d5e6676d9b5b40ac4_zpsyklo

As Konrad suggested: to meet spend of 3000 on your Platinum you could buy 6x $500 gift cards for approx $36 in fees for which you'd earn (at least )

3036 MR points not to mention the 100k points.

$200 of the Platinum spend should be 2 separate airline gift card purchases of $100 each. The $200 will be credited within a few days normally.

The first thing I did with my Platinum was register AA as my airline and make the 2 GC transactions.

Of course later that afternoon I went to the mall and put just over $2800 of a VGC transaction on it to complete the spend. :grin:

Another way to double dip cash back is through fatwallet. I buy almost everything online (including amazon pantry purchases! :D) By doing so thru fat wallet, not only do I earn points and/or cash back on my cards, I earn cash back thru FW. I average between $35-80 per month depending on purchases.

That is a referral link fwiw, but doesn't negate how awesome using that site for extra cash back has been for me.

Even for work travel, I find booking hotels thru there and of course paying with my personal card for reimbursement can really add up the cash back per month (not accounted for in the above averages).

I've gotten almost 20K AA miles this year going through their (the AA) shopping portal.

Edited by mendelssohn

I've gotten almost 20K AA miles this year going through their shopping portal.

You can get AA miles through fatwallet?

I've gotten almost 20K AA miles this year going through their shopping portal.

You can get AA miles through fatwallet?

"Their" referring to AA.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines