Sign in to follow this  
DeterminedinNC

DeterminedinNC's Credit Repair Journey

Hello All!!! I an at the pont in my life where I am ready to finaky repair and maintain my credit. I am also earning more $$$ then I ever have so I think this is the perfect time to do it. My goal is to be at 700 or close to it by the end of the year or at least early next year...let me know i that isn't realistic...Sidenote:I found quite a few errors while typing this up!!! I look forward to any sugguestions!!!

Here are the not so pretty details:

Experian: Transunion: Equifax:

Aaron Sales and Lease same X

Installment

opened: 04/07

Payment status: paid

balance: 0

AFNI (Sprint) same same

opened: 1/2015

satus: closed Status:open

Payment status: collections payment status: blank payment status: unpaid

balance: $271

American Credit Acceptance Same same

Instalment

opened: 1/12

Payment status: c/o

balance: $1,974

Cap One same same

CC

opened: 1/12

Payment status: c/o

balance: 0

Cap One same same

CC

opened: 3/12

payment status: c/o

balance: 0 Balance: $567

Carmax Finance X same

installment

opened: 3/15

payment status: current pays as agrees

CB/NY&CO

X X CC

payment status: blank

credit limit: $300

Chase same same

Installment

opened: 1/04

payment status: paid

College Foundation College Foundation College Foundation (should all be closed b/c I consolidated)

installment installment installment

opened 5/07 opened: 5/07 opened: 05/07

payment status: paid payment status: paid pays as agrees

(A TOTAL OF 13 College Foundation entrie that are open and paid)

CB/Victoria Sec same same

CC

opened: 4/12

balance" $130

Dept of Education/Nelnet same same (Duplicate loan on all 3 reports)

installment

opened: 12/11

payment: current, was 180 days late Payment status: 120 past due payment status: pays as agrees

I C System (AT&T) same same

collection

opened: 11/13 opened: 3/15 (incorrect) opened: 3/25 (incorrect)

payment status: late

balance: $152

I C System (AT&T Uverse) same same

collection

opened: 7/14

balance: $164

PMAB (same) Eastover OB same (no name on account)

opened: 08/10 opened: 8/10

Balance: $592

PMAB (same) Pediatric Assoc same (no name on account)

opened: 7/10 (incorrect) collection

opened: 7/10

staus: open

balance: $293

Miltary Star

CC

X X opened: 1/94

payment status: pays as agrees

Duke Energy same same

collection

opened: 6/13

payment statu: late

balance: $219

Portfolo Recovery flowers (World Financial Network Bank) same same

collection

Payment status: late

balance: $352

Regional Acceptance same same

balance: $7957.00

Tate and Kirlin Assoc (ADT) X X

opened:05/13 (incorrect)

balance: $797

Transworld System (DirecTV) same same

collection

opened: 3/14 (incorrect)

balance: $96

US Dept of Ed same

X status: closed

opened: 12/11

payment status: 120 days late

(incorrect)

USAA same same

CC

opened: 2/13

payment status: paid

balance: shoes $777 but is really $2 just waiting on

statment cycle

City of ______ Utilities X

X opened: 8/12

payment status: blank

balance: $296

I was so tired after typing all that last night that I forgot to add my current scores and other information...I'm waiting for an unsecured Cap One card ($500 CL) to arrive and a BOA app thats in the review phase.

EX-580

TU-556

EQ-596

If you get a chance I would read up on WhyChat's method for handling that medical/pediatric collection prior to disputing anything

If you get a chance I would read up on WhyChat's method for handling that medical/pediatric collection prior to disputing anything

Start a thread in the medical forum and whychat will chime in and tell you exactly what to do. Understand, the first thing you'll hear is that you need to read whychat's method.

New scores are:

EX-585

TU-580

EQ-603!!!!!

I broke the 600 barrier on one!!!! I've had 2 significant jumps (30+ points) during the month of August...I also added a USAA secured Amex and I'm waiting on my USAA acct to be linked to my NFCU acct so that I can transfer $$ to fund my NFCU secured Visa...that would give me a total of 4 CCs.. I already have an USAA secured MC and I recently received a Cap 1 unsecured with a $500 limit....I haven't had any baddies removed yet, waiting on hard copies and addresses to be removed.. the score jump came from my new accounts posting and I also paid my USAA MC balance down from $777 to $2..... I will begin WhyChat's HIPPA process next week as soon as I have hard copies in hand and confirm that the old addresses are gone...any advise would be greatly appreciated and welcomed!!!!

Congratulations! It sounds like you are off to a good start. For now, continue with the HIPPA process. Remember not to dispute anything else while you are working the medicals. Keep us updated on your progress!

:good:

the score jump came from my new accounts posting and I also paid my USAA MC balance down from $777 to $2.....

Why $2? If it is something you read here, it refers to not having a zero balance across your card collection. But if you have other balances, you might do better paying that one off (thus reducing the number of cards with balances) than keeping a $2 balance. Of course, if it is just the result of some interest being tacked on after you paid in full, then disregard.

The medical first, via WhyChat as suggested. Nothing else while you fight that fight.

Plenty of help here, so take advantage!

the score jump came from my new accounts posting and I also paid my USAA MC balance down from $777 to $2.....

David I think I read it here somewhere that slight utilization was good and I saw where someone did $2 so I said why not..either way I didn't do the math correctly because I still ended up at 0% utilization.... :swoon:

Why $2? If it is something you read here, it refers to not having a zero balance across your card collection. But if you have other balances, you might do better paying that one off (thus reducing the number of cards with balances) than keeping a $2 balance. Of course, if it is just the result of some interest being tacked on after you paid in full, then disregard.

The medical first, via WhyChat as suggested. Nothing else while you fight that fight.

David I think I read it here somewhere that slight utilization was good and I saw where someone did $2 so I said why not..either way I didn't do the math correctly because I still ended up at 0% utilization.... :swoon:

Welcome Determined.

What David was saying is the $2 thing really only matters when you have no collections. I believe your collections amounts will count so just pay the cc on down to zero for the best score in your case.

I got 3 deletions on EQ so now I'm up to a 620!!! :yahoo: I know that's nothing to most here, but it feels great to me!!! That's a 73 point jump since July 15th when I started repairing!!!!!

620 is a great achievment! You'll start to qualify for unsecured accounts at that point. Especially if your TU comes up similarly, you should qualify for a decent unsecured CL with Navy after the 3rd statement cuts on your secured account.

Update: I sent off my Hippa letter's to all 3 CRAs a couple of weeks ago... I'm anxiously waiting for feedback from them..my report on EQ and TU shows that I'm disputing, nothing showing on EX, but no yay or nay yet on deleting...the wait is BRUTAL!!!

I sent DV letters to 5 different CAs while waiting for my HIPPA disputes to the CRAs to come back and IC Systems folded upon receipt!!! They instantly sent back a notice for each account (there were two) stating they would no longer attempt to collect and that they would delete any information from my reports!!! I'm so stoked!!! They received my DV on 9/29 and sent the notices dated 9/30 back!!!

It looks like its gone from 2 CRAs already!!!! My scores are slowly but steadily climbing...

EQ-623

TU-610

EX stuck at 591 :beee: I've iced it until it can learn to behave!!!!

I'm diligently moving forward!!!

Edited by DeterminedinNC

EQ-633!!! 10 points in a week, I'll take it!!!!!

TU- still 610

EX- 596...up 5....EX is my slow learner LMAO....I can't wait to be COMPLETELY in the 600s....and then 700s!!!!!!!

Edited by DeterminedinNC

I JUST posted that Experian is my slow learner/problem child and it tanks by 20 points a couple of hours later...I'm looking at my report online and I can't even find a change... :aggressive: They drive me bonkers!!!!! That report will stay frozen until it is clean minus the student loans lates that I probably won't be able to get rid of...Experian will have to sing me a perfect redetion of Let It Go before I thaw it out!!!!! :rofl:

On a positive note I just got approved for a Walmart card with a $300 CL and an Amazon Prime card with $800!!!!! :yahoo: