Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

What is your average electricity bill?

The last post in this topic was posted 1932 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Single story. Georgia. 1400 Sq Feet. All electric. Always air conditioned and heated 650sq foot detached garage utilizing mini split a/c unit. Tankless water heater. Central A/H. 72 during the day in the house. 68 at night in the house. Garage will fluctuate between 70 and 79 depending on what im doing.

180.00 ish during the summer.

120.00 during winter.

Edited by stroked89coupe

I just got my bill it was $101 last month. I was gone a few days so I turned my AC down then but I just caught this weekend it had been on hold at 70 degrees in my house (ranch with finished basement ~2400 sq/ft) vs going up during day. Hopefully it's a little less next month but I really don't do much to lower it. It's higher in the winter.

The electric part of our bill for 7/15-8/14 was $213. 2 story, 1200 sq ft. I run the dishwasher everyday, central air is on, LOTS of power tool use from projects my husband had, we have a well pump, probably about 7 loads of laundry a week (gas dryer though), computers, phones, tablets, etc being charged, electric water heater.

In the $40s range in the summer. I have a room a/c in bedroom, only runs at night @ 67F low blower, sometimes higher.. I have a portable free-standing unit in kitchen with vent through the window, on when I'm home.

Winter in the $20s-$30s. I have gas water heater and range and a gas operated boiler.

Home is less than 700sf.

Indianapolis 3 bedroom 2300 square

$78 a month in the summer and I keep it cool

You must be on IPL, is your water heater electric or gas?

I'm in all electric house on Duke Energy and for a 1400 sq foot house, $182 on budget billing

In AZ. Usually about $120 in the summer. I keep the thermostat at 76 which is great when it's 100+ outside. My last bill was $178 because I had to use a portable a/c for 2 weeks while my a/c was being repaired, then replaced.

You use one of those swamp things?

No. I have a heat pump. A/C and heater in one unit. Swamp coolers only work well when the humidity is low. From end of June til end of Sept is our "monsoon season" although this year has been on and off as far as rain goes, it has been humid.

I had a new one installed 7 years ago. Never worked right. In early July the freon regulator went out. $1600 to replace. 1 day later the compressor froze. Rather than keep fixing that bucket of bolts, I had another new one installed. $8200,

I have a tiny rental house but I love it. In the winter the gas can get up to near $90-95, but not more, even in the last two horrible winters. I have a huge double lot fenced backyard perfect for my little Cosmo. (My JRT)

Our house approx 3600sq ft, runs about 170-200 per month depending on the month. That is for six people, running the clothes washer and the dish washer constantly.

We installed energy efficient bulbs, curtains and set the thermostat way down at night in the winter to help with the cost. I am sure we could do more to save, just haven't yet.

I am really starting to think NV Energy is way overpriced...

We have a 2 story, just over 2000 square foot home. Before we started the equal pay thing, our summer bills were around $400+ and others ranged from $100 to $150 per month.

Until recently, it was just 2 adults and one child. Now we've added a teenager.

The AC is at 77. I'd keep it cooler if I had a choice.

I have blinds and insulated curtains.

Oven and water heater are gas. Dryer is electric.

Any suggestions?

In AZ. Usually about $120 in the summer. I keep the thermostat at 76 which is great when it's 100+ outside. My last bill was $178 because I had to use a portable a/c for 2 weeks while my a/c was being repaired, then replaced.

No. I have a heat pump. A/C and heater in one unit. Swamp coolers only work well when the humidity is low. From end of June til end of Sept is our "monsoon season" although this year has been on and off as far as rain goes, it has been humid.

I had a new one installed 7 years ago. Never worked right. In early July the freon regulator went out. $1600 to replace. 1 day later the compressor froze. Rather than keep fixing that bucket of bolts, I had another new one installed. $8200,

Oh I know I was out there right about a year ago on a job and got caught in three monsoons, and a morning "shower" (read: torrential downpour). It appears I'll be out there again later this month or middle of next month. I tried to get the PM to schedule this for February or March but no dice.

I am really starting to think NV Energy is way overpriced...

We have a 2 story, just over 2000 square foot home. Before we started the equal pay thing, our summer bills were around $400+ and others ranged from $100 to $150 per month.

Until recently, it was just 2 adults and one child. Now we've added a teenager.

The AC is at 77. I'd keep it cooler if I had a choice.

I have blinds and insulated curtains.

Oven and water heater are gas. Dryer is electric.

Any suggestions?

Solar panels?

I'm in all electric house on Duke Energy and for a 1400 sq foot house, $182 on budget billing

The beauty of gas water heater. ...and Morgan County. ...low traces to boot. ..252 a year. ..not semi

The beauty of gas water heater. ...and Morgan County. ...low traces to boot. ..252 a year. ..not semi

Morgantucky!!!!!

Amazing - go 40 miles south of you to Bedrock (Bedford) and the water comes out of the faucets like boulders. Then again it is the limestone capital of America

You've got thyroid issues, hormone issues, something.

I keep my house cold. My budget billing is $126/month. I live in deeeeep south Alabama. Otherwise known as Hell's neighbor. My place is under 900 sqft & poorly insulated.

Doesn't your place still have wheels underneath it?

Morgantucky!!!!!

Amazing - go 40 miles south of you to Bedrock (Bedford) and the water comes out of the faucets like boulders. Then again it is the limestone capital of America

Mooretucky....

You've got thyroid issues, hormone issues, something.

I keep my house cold. My budget billing is $126/month. I live in deeeeep south Alabama. Otherwise known as Hell's neighbor. My place is under 900 sqft & poorly insulated.

Doesn't your place still have wheels underneath it?

Nope. Still got axles though!

A friend of a friend is selling their brick home for a really good price that makes me wish I was in the market now instead of in 6 months. It's OK though. I'll find the right place when I am ready to buy.

$60 something dollars a month is nothing..

Some of the biggest energy suckers in your house.........

Fridge. Old ones suck energy like you wouldn't believe

Electric dryer

Electric water heater

Dehumidifier

AC.. Window..Central

Sump pumps

Well pumps

Some of these you can't really control.

My electric bill since I installed solar panels has been Zero. I have actually been generating more than I use so I currently have a credit balance from the electric utility.

Prior to my panels my average bill was $220 a month and I use an average of 14,000 kWh a year.

I installed the panels myself. I own my system. I get all the rebates and solar renewable energy credits. It is not a solar lease. The system will pay for itself in a under 24 months.

I live in Michigan

1,200 sq ft one story home with a finished basement

Avearge for the summer is $200 and the winter runs an average of $350

Are you serious? Can you please elaborate. I am in AZ, I heard you have to pay a fee to connect to grid and the solar system can take 20+ years to pay off.

Any link or tip will be appreciated.

My electric bill since I installed solar panels has been Zero. I have actually been generating more than I use so I currently have a credit balance from the electric utility.

Prior to my panels my average bill was $220 a month and I use an average of 14,000 kWh a year.

I installed the panels myself. I own my system. I get all the rebates and solar renewable energy credits. It is not a solar lease. The system will pay for itself in a under 24 months.

Are you serious? Can you please elaborate. I am in AZ, I heard you have to pay a fee to connect to grid and the solar system can take 20+ years to pay off.

I was wondering that myself too

I was wondering that myself too

I think that is the key - some states offer solar energy tax credits. I thought there was a Federal program that expired or will expire soon.

The last post in this topic was posted 1932 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.