Disheartened- EQ score won't budge

fangirlxILM

The last post in this topic was posted 3121 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I know I've made several posts this week. Sorry if I've annoyed anyone and many thanks to everyone who has been so helpful to me.

So, I've been trying really hard to bring up my FICOs, and in just the last month I've made some pretty decent progress with TU and EX...

TU 600 -> 665

EX 644 -> 678

Then there's EQ:

600 -> 605

I don't get it. It has fewer collections than the other reports. Same tradelines for the most part as the other reports with these differences:

$500 SYNC/Belk Card isn't reporting (what's up with that? my other 3 SYNC TLs report to all 3...)

Chase $30,400 AU acct also doesn't report on there, but it's not on TU either

I don't even know how to attack this. All the regular paying down balances and getting off collections seems to be having very little effect. Is EQ always so stubborn? Are there quirks I could try to utilize? Does anyone have any ideas?

My TU and EX are similar to yours, and my EQ also trails the other scores - although not by as big a margin as yours. Like you, I have what seems like minor variations between the reports, but nothing that seems like it would justify a 20-30 point difference.

I have noticed that EQ has a much larger response to negative factors like a new account or carrying a balance. A couple months ago I added an account and did a balance transfer; EX and TU dropped 3 points and 6 points, while EX dropped 14. I think that's just a difference in EQ's flavor of FICO. This is where the CreditPulls database and freezing your CR come into play.

Edited by JeffeVerde

Thanks for sharing your experience Jeffe. I'm not planning on any apps anytime soon save for possibly mortgage lender pulls but I do cruise the creditpulls db sometimes just to see how I'm doing. As far as freezing- I've never done it and I don't know anything about it... How does that help??

Thanks for sharing your experience Jeffe. I'm not planning on any apps anytime soon save for possibly mortgage lender pulls but I do cruise the creditpulls db sometimes just to see how I'm doing. As far as freezing- I've never done it and I don't know anything about it... How does that help??

If you apply for a credit card and don't want them to pull from a certain cra you could freeze it and they would pull from a different one (you might have to call and ask them to because they might just turn down your app if they can't pull the one they try). But if you're apping for a mortgage they're going to pull all three so that wouldn't help. As far as how to freeze you would google and a page would come up for each cra. There is likely a fee to freeze and to unfreeze.

^ ^ ^ That. Some creditors only use a single CRA - like AmEx using EX. So if you're interested in a particular card and they only pull EQ, just keep walking :). For everyone else, having a CR frozen ensures that no one will pull that report for decisioning (existing creditors can still access your file).

Edited by JeffeVerde

Open Revolving Accounts:

Credit Cards

Barclays NFL Extra Points - CL: $2,000 Prev Statement Bal: $1921 Current Bal: $770.93 Util%: 38.55%

Cap One Platinum - CL: $3000 Prev Statement Balance: $2349 Current Bal: $870.09 Util%: 29%

Cap One Quicksilver Rewards - CL: $1750 Prev Statement Bal: $1173 Current Bal: $0 Util%: 0%

Synchrony/Belk - CL: $500 Prev Statement Bal: $71 Current Bal: $0 Util%: 0% Not reporting on EQ

Synchrony/TJMaxx - CL: $250 Prev Statement Bal: $77 Current Bal: $0 Util%: 0%

Synchrony/RoomstoGo - CL: $1500 Bal: $0 Util%: 0%

Synchrony/Amazon - CL: $800 Bal: $0 Util%: 0%

Kohls/CapOne (AU) - CL: $1,000 Bal: $0 Util%: 0%

Chase (AU) - CL: $30,400 Bal: $0 Util 0% Not reporting on EQ

Overall Util%: 16.75% excluding AU accounts, 3.62% including AU accounts On EQ: 17.65% excluding AU accounts, 15.93% including AU accounts

The last post in this topic was posted 3121 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.