Want to pay debt in full but have CA agree to remove it from report.

The last post in this topic was posted 2087 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Last month I had a CA report a collection account in the amount of $85 on my Equifax and Experian reports. I tried sending dispute letters per WhyChats program. The letters were received on 7/6/15, basically a month ago per my certified mail receipt. I have not heard back from the CRA but I am assuming it will remain since the account still shows on my report as of today. I think it is for an old employees cell phone but for $85 I would rather just pay for it and move on. I just want to have them to agree to stop reporting it if I do pay it. I thought I have seen posts here with instructions or a sample letter but I cannot find it after about 30 minutes of searching. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.

From a few other posts I read it sounded like the OC would not accept the payment since normally it has been sold to the CA. Am I incorrect?

You need to find out exactly what the situation is. Sometimes the CA works for the OC, but the OC still owns the debt. If they've sold the debt to the CA, you need to negotiate a PFD through the mail. Make sure if you get them to agree to a PFD that you have DOCUMENTATION in writing.

Well I have come across two situations when trying to pay the OC which has really annoyed me. I contacted the OC and they both told me to deal with the CA and that they couldn't accept payment from me.....yet they both stated the debt hadn't been sold and that it was being worked on by the CA. I don't understand why they won't accept payment from me when the debt hasn't even been sold.........looks like a PFD for me as well

just send it to the OC via EFT.... I bet they wont refuse it... then you also have ammo to fight the CA

Well the whole point behind paying the OC is to use the Shifter method which has worked wonders with other CA accounts. The OCs I spoke to told me that they couldn't accept payment and anything they get would just be passed over to the CA which again makes no sense especially when the debt hasn't been sold.It is just infuriating because, I am trying to do the right thing in their eyes by paying yet they are making it as difficult as possible for me to do it....oh well

just send it to the OC via EFT.... I bet they wont refuse it... then you also have ammo to fight the CA

Well the whole point behind paying the OC is to use the Shifter method which has worked wonders with other CA accounts. The OCs I spoke to told me that they couldn't accept payment and anything they get would just be passed over to the CA which again makes no sense especially when the debt hasn't been sold.It is just infuriating because, I am trying to do the right thing in their eyes by paying yet they are making it as difficult as possible for me to do it....oh well

in my experience, send to the OC... via EFT... I've never had a OC return the funds.... they are now paid... the CAs legs are cut from under them... most wont spend more money/time chasing a debt they cannot collect on...dispute as not mine...you never owed money to the CA, you paid who you owed...followup with a batshitzcrazy letter to the CA and dare them to update as paid collection...

in my experience, send to the OC... via EFT... I've never had a OC return the funds.... they are now paid... the CAs legs are cut from under them... most wont spend more money/time chasing a debt they cannot collect on...dispute as not mine...you never owed money to the CA, you paid who you owed...followup with a batshitzcrazy letter to the CA and dare them to update as paid collection...

Ok so I want to pay the OC even though they are telling me they can't accept payment......How am I supposed to do an electronic funds transfer if they won't give me the details to send the funds in the first place. I actually have the last original bill for one of my OCs and was wondering if I don't just mail in a bankers check with the bill................prefer to figure out how to pay them quicker though.

The last post in this topic was posted 2087 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.