this is all bull!

Danman

The last post in this topic was posted 3126 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Personally I think this whole credit system is so unjustified to a lot of hard working tax payers. A lot of people have bad credit due to the economy crashing in I believe 2009. So how are we held responsible for those downfalls?? I feel the right way to do this credit system is instead going based of something that happened 10 years ago, should be based on your income. And what I mean is based of the money that is taken from us hard working tax payers. I mean it's not right how I'm struggling to buy a car when ignorant loud and lazy people in Compton get a cut from me every time I get a check. All they are doing is smoking weed, drinking, robbing and probably complaining about how they don't get enough money from the government. Meanwhile it rips money from people who are struggling with credit problems like me. And tell me if all that money they take away from us is even helping out with our credit score. But! Every time you run your credit it brings it down just to view it??? I'm only saying this because it's common sense, if I'm trying to get financed for a car now it doesn't mean I need to check my history from ten years ago. These finance company's strongly believe that the depression was completely our fault and we should have to suffer for it.

I wonder if those people from Compton sit around blaming everyone else for not paying their bills and getting a bad credit score? We all went through the same recession. Not all of us got the brunt of it. Man up and deal with the problems you have rather than projecting. Did you ever collect unemployment?

It doesn't lower your credit to check it yourself.

I believe in owning past mistakes. Blaming the economy didn't help me at all. Building a financial plan to survive tough times will help keep me from repeating the same mistakes though.

Of course creditors want to know if you defaulted or missed payments on accounts in the past. Without that information, they have no way to assess risk.

Edited by mendelssohn

It doesn't lower your credit to check it yourself.

I believe in owning past mistakes. Blaming the economy didn't help me at all. Building a financial plan to survive tough times will help me repeat the same mistakes though.

Of course creditors want to know if you defaulted or missed payments on accounts in the past. Without that information, they have no way to assess risk.

^ this

Credit scoring makes credit MORE available to people, not less available.

I accept that my past credit problems were MY FAULT ALONE, not anyone else's. Anyone who doesn't accept responsibility for their mistakes is a fool and a liar.

You are responsible for your own debt and actions, but I do agree that it's kind of screwed up that score is based on your debt and not income. Part of that is that no one knows your income other than the IRS and your employer. It is too easy to get credit though. It pretty much only requires a social security number. I believe in my local banks that want to see your face and three recent salary statements.

I got hammered when the stock market tanked after 9-11. Luckily I had RE and then got hammered again after that crash 08. Its nobody's fault but mine. I could have made much better decisions. Here I am back to high 700+/800 ficos, a good job and barely any debt. I have learned a lot. You can make it out. Time helps.

Lots of us have been in positions where we feel like FICO is unfair. However, at some points, most of us realize that everything we've done is solely our fault. Changing my credit and improving it has made me a more responsible person, on and off the credit field.

Like NoPreset said, post your info with your derogatory accounts and we will step in the right direction with you. You'd be amazed how some time and effort on this site can literally change your life.

How can everyone live in a modern society that stresses cohesiveness in social, financial and health situations and then say it's completely irrelevant to the parts that make the sum. There are definitely macro and micro economic impacts, short and long-term. Although it doesn't make it THE reason, it's fair to say, the increased need to meet the safety nets, are part of why taxes are higher in California. Maybe some are offended in the way it came out or that it was drilled down to Compton. That's relative and could be based on an area this person might know. :yu: That doesn't negate that our problems are in just that- our problem. If there were outside circumstances, it was our responsibility to ourselves to adapt​. Maybe we made a wrong choice somewhere, but don't beat yourself up.

Edited by phoenixisrising

How can everyone live in a modern society that stresses cohesiveness in social, financial and health situations and then say it's completely irrelevant to the parts that make the sum. There are definitely macro and micro economic impacts, short and long-term. Although it doesn't make it THE reason, it's fair to say, the increased need to meet the safety nets, are part of why taxes are higher in California. Maybe some are offended in the way it came out or that it was drilled down to Compton. That's relative and could be based on an area this person might know. :yu: That doesn't negate that our problems are in just that- our problem. If there were outside circumstances, it was our responsibility to ourselves to adapt​. Maybe we made a wrong choice somewhere, but don't beat yourself up.

Yup...own it...learn from it...move forward. :good:

How in the hell would basing your score on income be useful? What if you make $40k/yr and only spend $20k? How about the person making $150k and spending $200k?

Scores are not based on debt. They are based on the ability to handle available credit.

The last post in this topic was posted 3126 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.