Sign in to follow this  
Grnbeano

Bank Of America BS

Man, I have had a BOA credit card for over 2 years and my limit remains $500....Never late, always pay on time.

Every letter says "Too many requests for this account" !! What!

TU Fico has always ranged from 696-716. Currently 705 and it is unlocked for them to do yet another, yes, another HARD.

All of my other credit cards are paid with maybe $2 dollars :swoon: .

Can't close the account due to great history and AAOA.

Website gives me the same bs ( Your request has been submitted.
You will receive a written decision in 7 to 10 business days.

Please note: Any changes made to your address have not been applied to your Online Banking profile.

All my other lines are 2k-10k

IRRITATING :aggressive:

I have the SAME exact problem wth BOA!! Even took it to executive office with no resolution! Can't close it because its my oldest account!

BOA is a slime bag piece of garbage in my book. I'll never do business with them.

Man, I have had a BOA credit card for over 2 years and my limit remains $500....Never late, always pay on time.

TU Fico has always ranged from 696-716. Currently 705 and it is unlocked for them to do yet another, yes, another HARD.

Please note: Any changes made to your address have not been applied to your Online Banking profile.

Did you call the UW?

There must be a reason.

I have a BOA CO on my report so I do not have a BOA CC

But t I know BOA gives decent CL Increases to people with the "right profile".

You might want to call app department and find out why you are being denied.

BofA gave me a secured card for $3K when my scores were mid 500's with multiple liens, a judgment and 3 separate 120 late mortgage strings.

They unsecured me by request 18 months later with maybe a 620 and gave me a CLI to $6K.

Thats gone to $25K in the last 10 months.

All done with calls directly to the analyst department. 800.881.4730

I think that's the number, it's what I saved in my phone.

Edited by Konrad2012

They gave me $15K to start on an EQ pull with 16 defaulted student loans that were 6 years old and several old late payments on a car loan. I also had a pretty good size BOA charge off that I never paid that was mentioned when I called the UW. EQ was in the 720s at the time.

They gave me a CLI to $25K recently with a TU pull and the score in my sig.

They've been generous with me, even when my reports were worse than they are now. I'm not ure what they look for in a profile, but there must be something that they don't like.

Edited by mendelssohn

As usual BOA gets no love.

FYI to future readers if you keep getting denials via the luv button you are being jammed up by "the system" and you need to call "the man" the button won't automagically work next time either.

Have a plan on what you'll say beforehand, "me want high limit" may not work to your advantage.

Have you ever had negative history with them?

They can carry a grudge when they want to.

They just closed my 7500 limit card (of which they had JUST increased about 2 months ago) saying I have too much credit / too many inquiries. I've never had any late payments with them, my scores are low 700's across the board. I went on the consumer affairs website and complained. I have no idea why they would ditch a good paying customer, but its their loss. I've more than enough credit now. I'm not chasing higher limits anymore. I have the mortgage I was wanting so bad. It just irritates me that they would close it when I've been such a good customer. I don't know what the hit to my score will look like, probably won't even see it, the average age on all my accounts is about the same, as I started rebuilding credit about 2 years ago.

They just closed my 7500 limit card (of which they had JUST increased about 2 months ago) saying I have too much credit / too many inquiries. I've never had any late payments with them, my scores are low 700's across the board. I went on the consumer affairs website and complained. I have no idea why they would ditch a good paying customer, but its their loss. I've more than enough credit now. I'm not chasing higher limits anymore. I have the mortgage I was wanting so bad. It just irritates me that they would close it when I've been such a good customer. I don't know what the hit to my score will look like, probably won't even see it, the average age on all my accounts is about the same, as I started rebuilding credit about 2 years ago.

How many new accounts do you have recently?

Did you PIF BOA?

The reason they have is most likely not the real reason?

Any idea of what may triggered it?

Do you have a balance with BOA?

How many accounts open since mortgage?

Have you maxed some cards?

What's your total/individual cards Utilization now?

How many inquiries now?

Is MCU personal loan for 460 still reporting?

Please post to help others avoid this unpleasant situation.

Edited by tobettercredit

Just prior to my credit meltdown in 2009 I had a 5k limit. They dropped it to 2k, which automatically made the card max out. Then about a month after that they closed the account. Got a letter in the mail with the reasons..........too many other cards with high balances, etc. In my situation at the time I don't blame them.

Only account I have with BofA now is a NO FEE checking account that I've had with them since the late 90's.

Edited by TheVig

Did you PIF BOA?

They had just given me a CLI from 5K to 7500 in April 2015. They did an "account review" and closed my account July 28th, 2015. I called them this morning, they said that I've increased my debt too quickly and that's why they closed the account. I explained that I just bought a house which was twice the size of my old place and I bought furniture, pool equipment, lawn mower, refrigerator, etc. They said I could "reopen" the account with a hard pull to my credit. Then offered a 1500 CL. I've no idea what really triggered it. My balance was 1300, the CL was 7500. I faithfully paid every single month on time & most of the time well over the minimum due. It still makes no sense to me. Anyway, I'm just going to pay it off and not deal with them anymore, already paid 1/2 the balance off today.

Do you have a balance with BOA?

How many accounts open since mortgage?

Have you maxed some cards?

What's your total/individual cards Utilization now?

How many inquiries now?

Is MCU personal loan for 460 still reporting?

Please post to help others avoid this unpleasant situation.

To answer your questions; I had a 1300 balance on a 7500 credit limit cash rewards card.

Three new accounts open since mortgage - a sears account where I bought my fridge, amazon.com store card for my polaris automatic pool cleaner, and a measly 600 CL home depot which I ended up buying my lawn mower bagger from. In hindsight, I had zero idea that opening different cards would adversely affect my BOA standing, since I paid off other cards and the ratio still remained somewhat the same.

Total utilization is somewhere around 33%

30 inquiries now (since TU put them all back on, this was prior to my mortgage and were there when they increased my credit to 7500)

No, MCU is at 44$ balance, I need to update my signature.

Did you PIF BOA?

They had just given me a CLI from 5K to 7500 in April 2015. They did an "account review" and closed my account July 28th, 2015. I called them this morning, they said that I've increased my debt too quickly and that's why they closed the account. I explained that I just bought a house which was twice the size of my old place and I bought furniture, pool equipment, lawn mower, refrigerator, etc. They said I could "reopen" the account with a hard pull to my credit. Then offered a 1500 CL. I've no idea what really triggered it. My balance was 1300, the CL was 7500. I faithfully paid every single month on time & most of the time well over the minimum due. It still makes no sense to me. Anyway, I'm just going to pay it off and not deal with them anymore, already paid 1/2 the balance off today.

I hope you took them up on reopening the account.

Did you PIF BOA?

I hope you took them up on reopening the account.

I did because they restored the same original open date. I wasn't happy about it though. I'll pay it off and sit on it for awhile & just cycle my gym membership through it. I wasn't sure if I made the right decision, but since it was a hard pull I wasn't going to just leave it closed.

I think they caught me in a 'bad' moment, although it's not bad by my standards. The debt I incurred right after buying the house was actually higher than what was shown on July 28th & has already been significantly paid down. Sears had a 0% promo, so I put the fridge on it & it's already half way paid off & will be completely paid off before that 6 months hits (don't want the interest compounded at the end). Same thing with the riding lawn mower, except that is an 18 month promo. I guess it looked bad, like I was just going hog-wild crazy. It doesn't help that my mortgage has still not shown up on my TU report, I guess it takes upwards of 90 days (I closed May 19th).

You made the right choice of reopening. Just try to pay it off ASAP :good:

You made the right choice of reopening. Just try to pay it off ASAP :good:

Thanks, that I do intent to do ASAP!