Sign in to follow this  
dingaling

Dynamic Recovey Solutions

The three credit card debts charged off in 1999 or 2000 I never paid on the account again and they went to collections in approximately 2000. . These debts were from credit card companies that sold out and over the first two years of default they bounced around three or four credit card companies (lots of quick mergers in those days). Ended up with Chase a couple years after my last payments. Went through a lot of collection agencies and I never paid anyone on these after default. By 2008, the SOL had expired. Still got some calls but I just told them the SOL had expired.

About 15 months ago, Dynamic Recovery Solutions wrote me and demanded payment. I told them the accounts were not mine and that the SOL had expired. About one year later they wrote again and I told them the same thing. They quit writing. On both those occasions, I wrote them a CMRRR letter telling them to leave me alone.

Yesterday a collection agent from Dynamic Recovery called demanding payments. He had a lot of info. I told him the debts were not mine and that the SOL had expired at least 8 years ago.. Told him to leave me alone.

So I am looking at probably more than 15 years since any payments have been made. Eight years since the SOL expired. TWO CMRRR letters telling them to leave me alone. How do I get these people to go away? Then problem is that I threw everything out when we moved a couple years ago because it is so old. I am sure they have no documentation because no one involved has had any records since the original default about 15 years ago. This thing has been sold so many times that I lost track of who owned it.

They can't prove I owe anything but refuse to stop calling me.

BTW, this was the first collection agent who sounded like a professional. Very well spoken. He actually sounded like a professional. Not your typical ex con collection agent.

My spouse never knew about these debts and I would hate for it come out now.

When Chase had the cards after charge off, they called 15 times a day for at least a year. I know the phone was programmed because the calls came the same time every day.

I don't have any personal experience to help you out with this but don't talk to them on the phone, no matter how professional they sound. Sounds like an FOAD letter is in order? Keep everything in writing, no phone calls.

You need more help than I could ever offer. Hopefully someone will chime in with specific options from your current position. I know you said you tossed things out. Did you toss the letters that were sent and the delivery confirmations?

If your thread gets buried you should bump it to the top later this evening as you will probably get more exposure then.

I wish you the best of luck.

The quick way would be a CFPB dispute, and you can upload your supporting documentation.

The other way is to hire an attorney and file a lawsuit against them.

Edited by mendelssohn

Send a FOAD letter CMRR specifically mentioning SOL has passed. Be sure to wrote "Any further communications by your company must be in writing through US mail only. Any other communication, including by phone, is inconvenient for me." Then, if they call again, save the number and call a FDCPA attorney to collect your money.

The purpose of a FOAD is literally telling them to f'off. Also if they continue you would seek a lawyer. Did you say something to that effect on your previous letter? If so, it's time to follow through and lawyer up. Otherwise they are wiping themselves with your FOAD's. Seek an attorney either way and get a free consultation. Most will take you on with no money from you upfront. Good luck.

They did the same thing to me, I sued them. Lol I know an attorney which I used and it was free for me, they offered me 500 to settle and they had to pay attorney fees. If you call and talk him he will tell you their violations and everything, if you google mike arguss, his number is 312-224-4695 he has sued them numerous times. My debt was past sol and they called and demanded money. Its free money and you don't do anything. Lol

Update: Thanks for the reply. I got another call two days ago that went to voicemail. Nice sounding lady who said she wanted to make payment arrangements with me on my outstanding debt. She said she was from Dominion collections and it had to be taken care of immediately. Obviously I will not call her back. Not sure it is the same debt, but I cannot imagine anyone else calling me on debt this old.

No one ever sued me because these companies went through a number of quick mergers before I defaulted. I don't think anyone has any information other than a printout claiming I owe the money.

I may need to contact an attorney if it keeps up.

Thanks

has DRS stated whom their client is, or whether they own the debt?

DRS probably hired dominion

send a FOAD letter to the attn of their "Compliance officer" - tell them to " Cease all communications including indirect communications thru Third Parties "

provide copies of the previous FOAD letters state you're going to turn this over to an attorney for review and legal action, and that you've kept a phone log.

I recently received a letter from them demanding $400 from a company called Bottom Dollar, who I have never heard of; and also offering a settlement. If this is one of those internet payday lenders, those have been illegal in my state since around 2008-2009. I've been tempted to call them to ask what this is about but think it is best to stay off the phone. This has not shown up on any of the CRs.

I recently received a letter from them demanding $400 from a company called Bottom Dollar, who I have never heard of; and also offering a settlement. If this is one of those internet payday lenders, those have been illegal in my state since around 2008-2009. I've been tempted to call them to ask what this is about but think it is best to stay off the phone. This has not shown up on any of the CRs.

You need to respond with a request for more information; like the last 4 digits of the SS# associated with the account, and denying that you've ever had an account with thier client.

FDCPA validation not only consists of the amount owed and the lender, they also have to verify that they are contacting the right person - if you don't respond, they can assume that the debt is yours and report it to the CRA's

you also want to make sure this isn't ID theft related - if they come back with your SS#, then you send a FACTA letter

Ding -

I got assistance on this board regarding an attorney w

Update: Thanks for the reply. I got another call two days ago that went to voicemail. Nice sounding lady who said she wanted to make payment arrangements with me on my outstanding debt. She said she was from Dominion collections and it had to be taken care of immediately. Obviously I will not call her back. Not sure it is the same debt, but I cannot imagine anyone else calling me on debt this old.

No one ever sued me because these companies went through a number of quick mergers before I defaulted. I don't think anyone has any information other than a printout claiming I owe the money.

I may need to contact an attorney if it keeps up.

Thanks

I had the same thing happen to me regarding Dynamic Recovery. There is a law firm that I was referred to from another member of this board who agreed to help me. They took on my case and a few months later we reached a settlement. PM me if you are interested in their info. BTW, there was no cost to me..they likely negotiated their fees in the settlement offer.

I never did anything since the last post. But they just called back and the guy just kept demanding money. He had no idea who the original creditor was. This has been over 15 years since chargeoff. And there had been no payments for at least six months before then.

Time to get off my butt and do something. Would it do any good to record the call? My experience in the past is that they always lie about everything. Might be good to have a recording. I am in Tennessee but not sure if they allow recording calls.

This guy actually told me to file a police report if I was having a problem with his calls .I know he can't get any money out of me but I just want them to leave me alone.

Stop answering your phone when they call. They did that to me about a year ago. I picked it up the first time not knowing who it was. They started with you owe this etc etc and i told them i didn't know what they were talking about and never call this number again. Needless to say they did continue with their calls but i didn't answer any more of them and they didn't send any information in mail either. They finally gave up and sold it off to someone else. Nasty people they are.

Stop answering your phone when they call. They did that to me about a year ago. I picked it up the first time not knowing who it was. They started with you owe this etc etc and i told them i didn't know what they were talking about and never call this number again. Needless to say they did continue with their calls but i didn't answer any more of them and they didn't send any information in mail either. They finally gave up and sold it off to someone else. Nasty people they are.

What state are you in?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are more worried about what your wife will think about some issues you had back then. That was a long time ago, I would think she should understand.

Being that they sound professional is great. Next time they call, instead of saying all these things like, "Leave me alone" "This is an old debt" and so on. You need to switch things up a bit. Just tell the man or women to hold on a sec you have something for them, then open up this website http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm and click on a button, then ask the man or women what they think?. If they say something then say "Hold on a sec, I have another one for you." The Air Biscuit and the Kazoo are one of my favorites.

Basically when you do this, it tells them you could careless what they have to say.

People in this thread have giving some great advise and also it could mean some free money for you. Not sure why you won't jump on this other then your trying to keep it from your wife.

Edited by LakersFan

I would just ignore them.

A simple cease and desist letter CMRR should do it.

He's already sent two of them

I would just ignore them.

A simple cease and desist letter CMRR should do it.

He's already sent two of them
The make money or play funny sounds :)

What state are you in?

Colorado ..

Sounds like you are more worried about what your wife will think about some issues you had back then. That was a long time ago, I would think she should understand.

Being that they sound professional is great. Next time they call, instead of saying all these things like, "Leave me alone" "This is an old debt" and so on. You need to switch things up a bit. Just tell the man or women to hold on a sec you have something for them, then open up this website http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm and click on a button, then ask the man or women what they think?. If they say something then say "Hold on a sec, I have another one for you." The Air Biscuit and the Kazoo are one of my favorites.

Basically when you do this, it tells them you could careless what they have to say.

People in this thread have giving some great advise and also it could mean some free money for you. Not sure why you won't jump on this other then your trying to keep it from your wife.

Yes professional salamanders .. they hung up on me not the other way around.