Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Chase app with old Providian debt

The last post in this topic was posted 1937 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

One of my first credit cards was from Providian when I was 18. I was irresponsible, it ended up being charged off and included in Ch7 BK (sometime in 2000). Is it true that Chase would use this to auto-decline me if I app'd for one of their cards today?

I had one that was charged off probably sometime between 2001 & 2002. Chase hates me. I have an Amazon Visa that's had the same $400 limit since opening. I just got approved for a Freedom for $1k. Discover gave me 7.5k.

Edited by dansamy

I had one charged off and included in a BK7 back in 2003.

No problem with Chase last year when I appd and was approved for a Freedom ($10K).

Thanks all--

It'll be a while before my credit is where I need it to apply, but didn't want to waste an inquiry if it would be the reason for decline.

I had 2 Chase cards charged off around 2008 for just over $10k. I'm currently getting prequals on their site for both the Freedom and the CSP.

I'd suggest once you're where you want to be with your credit profile, keep an eye on their prequal site.

Edited by seezar

One of my first credit cards was from Providian when I was 18. I was irresponsible, it ended up being charged off and included in Ch7 BK (sometime in 2000). Is it true that Chase would use this to auto-decline me if I app'd for one of their cards today?

I would highly doubt Chase would be aware of your Providian account if it was in fact dismissed back in 2000. Providian was acquired by WaMu in October 2005 and WaMu was subsequently acquired by Chase in September 2008. Your Providian account was dismissed five years before WaMu even acquired them and I would suspect that WaMu did not even know about your Providian account in relation to the purchase of the credit card portfolio.

The last post in this topic was posted 1937 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.