Sign in to follow this  
Roseyk2520

Are Credit Grantors More Liberal during the Holidays for Approvals and CLI

Would like to know in your experiences, if you have received better than average CLI during the holiday season or if you been approved for credit that has been difficult to acquire in the past. If so, details, please.

I'm gardening now, and it is a downer! Looking for some ray of hope come November when I leave this gardening stuff 😂😂😂😂😂. Thanks!

Yes. Some cards loosen during the summer and the holidays. Sometimes a card will loosen up during a major sporting event, etc...

Edited by ubercat

Yes. Some cards loosen during the summer and the holidays. Sometimes a card will loosen up during a major sporting event, etc...

You really think so? I've never noticed that to be the case. BBVA markets for that, but I don't think it's the same.

That said, I've never really gone after anything because of the time of year it was. I just ask for CLI based on the timeframe the issuer usually gives them. As far as apping around the holidays. I have, but never because I thought the slots were loose. The timing was right or a killer bonus was available in every case.

Interesting though... I'll have to keep a closer eye on it.

I think so. I asked for a CLI on my Citi ard on Black Friday..from 8k to 25k. Got it within hours with no hard pull.

" I asked for a CLI on my Citi card on Black Friday..from 8k to 25k. Got it within hours with no hard pull."

Hmmm. Very interesting datapoint. I'll have to try this...

MP

Seems to me approvals and CLI's would be "loosest" during the periods where an issuer/product is offering the best bonus offers. Obviously the bonus offers are in essence a marketing strategy, and a marketing push is going to take place when they have decided to increase the size of a certain portfolio. Target numbers are made for each promotion both for new accounts and total increase in exposure.