Sign in to follow this  
mendelssohn

The Approvals with only AU accounts reporting thread

I know that some issuers like Cap1 and Discover are known for approvals with no open accounts, and there are examples with Amex and Chase Freedom as well, but I thought we could start a thread about approvals with only AU accounts reporting on credit.

My wife tried twice for the Chase Freedom and was denied both times. The last time the more than 5 accounts in 24 months was cited as the reason.

She has never had any open credit in her name, including installment loans. The only things reporting on her credit are AU accounts. We were trying to skip the Cap1 and Discover type approvals and focus on cards where we can combine rewards.

Here's what is reporting on her credit reports (all AUs):

Amex PRG (since 2/15)

CSP $19K (since 7/14)

Chase Freedom $5K (since 2/14)

Barclays M&M $24.1K (since 11/14)

Amex BCP (since 5/14)-closed

Barclays Arrival+ (since 6/14)-closed

Chase United MP (since 12/14)-closed

Barclays US Airways (since 7/14)-closed

Her approvals today:

Amex SPG $8K

Chase British Airways $15K

Thank for making this thread :good:

I always wondered about this and now that there is data, hopefully more people can contribute.

Now we know that Amex and Chase are on the list and this also shows that by having an AU with a high limit, it'll start you off with a decent limit.

Congrats on your wife's approval :good:

I have seen many reports on DDF that Chase will not consider AU's on a recon call.

You mean as part of the 5 accounts in 24 months or to approve a new account?

They won't consider them in terms of the limit they give you or whether they approve the card at all.

So you have to hope for an auto approval.

They won't consider them in terms of the limit they give you or whether they approve the card at all.

So you have to hope for an auto approval.

I'd say $15K is pretty good for no non-AU accounts though.

A clean report with high limit AU cards can get you some good limits if you are auto-approved and the scores themselves are high enough. I applied for an Amex delta with a 20K BOA AU and some 9 year old accounts, got a 27K limit. The trick is to making sure the utilization on the card is low and that the score is high over all. I also got 10K from Cap1

Wife had 2 CAs, 4 AU accounts, no accounts of her own. Scores showed 650-680 and she was approved 2200 Chase Freedom (did the prequal first) and a shopping cart card (overstock 1k).

I know that some issuers like Cap1 and Discover are known for approvals with no open accounts, and there are examples with Amex and Chase Freedom as well, but I thought we could start a thread about approvals with only AU accounts reporting on credit.

My wife tried twice for the Chase Freedom and was denied both times. The last time the more than 5 accounts in 24 months was cited as the reason.

She has never had any open credit in her name, including installment loans. The only things reporting on her credit are AU accounts. We were trying to skip the Cap1 and Discover type approvals and focus on cards where we can combine rewards.

Here's what is reporting on her credit reports (all AUs):

Amex PRG (since 2/15)

CSP $19K (since 7/14)

Chase Freedom $5K (since 2/14)

Barclays M&M $24.1K (since 11/14)

Amex BCP (since 5/14)-closed

Barclays Arrival+ (since 6/14)-closed

Chase United MP (since 12/14)-closed

Barclays US Airways (since 7/14)-closed

Her approvals today:

Amex SPG $8K

Chase British Airways $15K

I talked her into the 2 for 1 and she was approved for the Amex PRG 50K offer.

The next step is to get her a Freedom within the next year so we can move that British Airways limit over when we close the card.

The PRG is going to be closed in 2016, but we'll get the $100 airline credit 2x before doing that.

The SPG is also going to be closed in 11 months.

I guess the next step is to add her as joint to my NFCU CC and CLOC to create some additional primary account history. This was an interesting AU experiment today though, and a lucrative one as well.

Great thread idea! 15k is amazing for someone with no accounts in their name. This thread can certainly serve as a road map for helping family members (re)build credit in a hurry.

I have seen many reports on DDF that Chase will not consider AU's on a recon call.

Approve for new account.

Approve for new account.

DDF is wrong.

Approve for new account.

DDF Chase rep is wrong.

FTFY. They can only report what they are told.

Approve for new account.
DDF Chase rep is wrong.

Whatever the source, they are wrong.

I doubt you can recon a denial this way, but that doesn't mean you can't get an instant approval.

Edited by mendelssohn

In 2 more years my daughter will be 18 and I can't wait to see what kind of approvals she gets! She has been an AU on her Grandmothers AMEX and about 20 cards under the DW and myself. We started doing this about five years back and her Grandmother added he about 6 years back.

FYIY having a child as an AU makes it really easy when they go out shopping or out of town.

I will dig up this thread in two years! LOL

Approve for new account.
DDF Chase rep is wrong.

I doubt you can recon a denial this way, but that doesn't mean you can't get an instant approval.

Maybe we are talking about different things. They tried to use the accounts that they were an AU on in a positive way to get approved when calling recon. Rep told them they will not consider the accounts at all. Had nothing to do with the 5/24 so called rule.

Approve for new account.
DDF Chase rep is wrong.

Maybe we are talking about different things. They tried to use the accounts that they were an AU on in a positive way to get approved when calling recon. Rep told them they will not consider the accounts at all. Had nothing to do with the 5/24 so called rule.

Right, that's what I said. You can't recon but many times you can get an instant approval.

You were not clear.

This is a thread about getting instant approvals with only AUs reporting. Nothing else.

So it is my fault? :)

If you want to make things clear then you should have put instant in the title or at least somewhere in the OP about "instant" . I was only adding that on recon that DDF was reporting that AU accounts were not considered. If you would have made it clear this was only about instant approvals that data point would have not been necessary. So who was not clear? :wave:

You were not clear with what you said about DDF and Chase.

Nobody is at fault. If you want to argue with me instead of discuss the topic, do it via PM. :wave:

Now you know what this thread is, for issuers who give instant approvals with only AUs reporting, not recons.

Edited by mendelssohn

This thread based on the title and OP had nothing to do with instant approvals. If that is what you meant then should of said it. Don't accuse others of not being clear when that is what you where doing. My PM works if you want to use it.

Why do you seem to need to challenge many of my posts? It is really getting old.

I'm not. You're giving me a hard time in a thread I started for no reason and it was unclear to me what you were challenging earlier.

Yes, perhaps that could have been added to the title but I have never heard of a successful recon with only AUs reporting and figured it wasn't necessary.