Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Experian and equifax dispute

The last post in this topic was posted 1940 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So I have been working diligently on my credit for the past 6-7 months and thanks to this board my credit has gone from mid 500's to near 700 right now I'm around 691. I have a few items that have been very stubborn . I had a car loan from a credit union which I had 2 or 3 late pays but when the car was totaled it took the insurance some time to pay off the balance which showed as a extended 60 day late payment. When I disputed it with transunion they removed it right away however I got word from Experian that they updated it and not removed it but I don't see any change done.

What do you suggest I do to get this removed

Maybe ask for goodwill due to the situation of totaling a car.

Also, how old are the lates?

I personally would go into the CU, and ask to speak with the manager. Make it personal, politely explain the situation and ask them to understand the situation and remove the lates.

If that is really what happened, I would think they would be willing to take a humane look at it and work with you to fix it.

Just my two cents.

I IS a credit union after all.

my issue is i cant go walk into the CU i know longer live in that state anymore.

I just got a similar notice from equifax saying it was updated but i don't see any change. i am going to call EQ and EX today to see what exactly they changed and see how they verified this, Is there anything else i could try ?

The last post in this topic was posted 1940 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.