Assistance with a charged off account

jrad08

The last post in this topic was posted 3153 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Good day fellow credit boarders! I am seeking advice on an account that I had charged off in 2010.

Basically, I was 60 days delinquent and then my account to Armed Forces Bank was charged off. The only delinquency I have ever had on the account was for the 60 day period. I was not informed that this account would be charged off, just closed because I did not meet the terms of the credit card agreement. Upon catching up my payments after the 60 days late, I paid the balance off.

Flash forward to today, I am wishing that I was informed that the account was charged off so I could negotiate with them for a removal from my credit report. Any suggestions on how to go about removing this account. Armed Forces Bank I believe is now part of the Bank Of Midwest family.

Thanks to you all for you suggestions in advance.

Have you considered sending them a good will letter, explaining the situation, and asking to remove the negative record?

When you get your credit reports, did you notice any inaccuracy for this tradeline that you may use for dispute with the credit reporting agencies?

The last post in this topic was posted 3153 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.