Sign in to follow this  
fixitandforgetit

Fresh out of the gate. Trying to resolve approach Whychat help

I have read so much I have forgotten where I found things that I recall. I am trying to determine if it matters or not that my lexis nexis is frozen for maximum medical judgment deletion.

The ex was sued while we were married. I ignored the bills because we were going through separation. I live in a community property state.. Wish I knew what that really meant sooner.

I did a BK after divorce and found the unpaid judgment and medical debts so that everything could be listed.

I went to the courts and received copy of the registered judgment. It's Bonafide and reports differently among all 3 Cra's

I have examined the letter for judgments and just not sure about disputing it with that is best for me. :mellow:

Not doubting the experts but In my reading I have come to think that my best chance for a bonafide judgment might be to limit the chance of it being verified by using the" freeze" method

However I have read in your posts "whychat" that freezing is not productive

EX: No public records reporting

TU: Shows judgment unpaid with balance

EX: Shows Judgement satisfied IIB

I will be using the HIPPA method on EQ as that is where I have 6 from the same C.A. and that's where the Judgment originates from.

Thank You all for your help

Freezing accomplishes nothing except preventing you from applying for credit and delaying credit repairs.

Lexis Nexus is NOT the source of your problems with the judgment reporting.

A case file showing satisfaction of or release of a judgment via BK is meaningless in the context of reporting, ONLY RECORDED DOCUMENTS can be legally reported on your credit reports. Google the County name and search for RECORDED INSTRUMENTS,this will allow you to search for deeds mortgages AND RECORDED JUDGMENTS.

Meanwhile, follow the guides:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDEBOOK.html

http://www.whychat.5u.com/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

Contrary to popular belief, being in a Community Property State has LITTLE to do with liability for debt repayment or responsibility for a spouse's medical bills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_property

If you are disputing judgments on your reports:

http://www.whychat.5u.com/deletejudg.html

DO NOT do it at the same time as your medical disputes, your disputes will get merged in the systems. Wait for one or the other to be completely done before proceeding with the other

A case file showing satisfaction of or release of a judgment via BK is meaningless in the context of reporting, ONLY RECORDED DOCUMENTS can be legally reported on your credit reports. Google the County name and search for RECORDED INSTRUMENTS,this will allow you to search for deeds mortgages AND RECORDED JUDGMENT

This is interesting because I received all doc's in person, copies of the judgment all dated and filed. However a judgment search through the county does not pull up a recorded judgment. Obviously this is definitely a good lead.

I think I will give the clerk a call this morning to see if in fact this is not actually a recorded judgment.

Thanks Whychat

The County Clerk has NO WAY of verifying the "non-existence" of a recorded document, it is either recorded or it is not.

You need to understand that your credit reports are allowed to show ONLY "Judgments Of Record" not those that have been granted and adjudicated but not recorded. The CRAs get their data from 3rd party burnishers who normally get their data from the case file public records. This is a very serious flaw in the reporting system which I have tried to get fixed for numerous people through the years.

Do you see your name on ANY recorded documents when you go to the website??

Look up someone else that you know owns real estate or has a mortgage in the same County, that way you will see what a RECORDED document looks like.

Your right... I can pull up recorded docs on my old real estate but the judgment does not appear..

I think I have been mistaken into believing that a Filed document is considered Recorded. :good:

I read one of your replies in a thread "whychat" on waiting 90 days from disputes till the system clears.

Is this designed specifically in using HIPPA? Versus other negatives?

I am trying to avoid unintended consequence..

Progress so far:

Deleting old addresses:

TU phone call and gone;

Experian refuses to dispute: Filed complaint with CFPB for not allowing a dispute and not maintaining accurate info

Equifax: Transferred to dispute dept on the fifth call in a month asking where my report is?

I said hey obviously you guys need an accurate address in the file because I keep getting told it's on the way and never receive.

I did not know it at time but they opened an actual dispute. :blush: I got the results back this morning via E-mail....... :blush:

Should I Log in and access it or Try to stay out of the Computer system? I used USAA this morn and the addresses are still there

I have learned That it's best to stay out of the computer system but I got snared. Trying to establish best approach going forward...

THANKS

It is pointless to waste time and get yourself enmeshed in the CRA automated computer response system over address deletions.

Send the CRAs the judgment dispute letter. Save your "fire" with the CFPB for the more serious disputing errors .

Update I just backdoored T.U. and have no judgement listed as a result of the Judgment letter sent 3+ weeks ago.. Still waiting on the mail but I think this is a good sign. Thanks Whychat and now on to more prep work.

Been one year since my last post. I meant to wait 90 days to purge out my disputing of all 3 CB's and a whole year got away from me.

Starting from scratch again and locking in on HIPPA only as my first priority.. Thanks in advance to WHYCHAT.....and I could really use a link to posts in regards to the

contact info of Eq, Ex and TU To get started again Please...

I prefer ordering reports and paying for them instead of using annual credit report or any other free sites. Thank You