Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM MasterCard® 75K for $7500 spend in 3 months

mendelssohn

The last post in this topic was posted 2729 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

There was an offer that expires on June 30. I just called, and there is nothing available right now. I'm going to wait for the next big offer and max out my M&M to get the most out of the deal.

I have a 729 Ex and 728 Tu EQ frozen no baddies or any credit cards. Super clean file aaoc is 6.5/8 years due to student loans that are all paid on time. Should I make this card my 1st app? Or I need to build with others 1st? Ive done months of research would love some advice

If you have no open credit cards, I don't think this should be your first app.

Getting approvals for CCs is a lot more than just FICO scores. You need a revolving credit history.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an offer that expires on June 30. I just called, and there is nothing available right now. I'm going to wait for the next big offer and max out my M&M to get the most out of the deal.

I have a 729 Ex and 728 Tu EQ frozen no baddies or any credit cards. Super clean file aaoc is 6.5/8 years due to student loans that are all paid on time. Should I make this card my 1st app? Or I need to build with others 1st? Ive done months of research would love some advice

Getting approvals for CCs is a lot more than just FICO scores. You need a revolving credit history.

Thanks so much! Any top suggestions for an app spree in my case?

Thanks so much! Any top suggestions for an app spree in my case?

If you are building from scratch, you don't really want to go on an app spree. You have good scores, but without a revolving history, most issuers will not issue you credit.

I'd suggest starting with Cap1, Discover and Chase and using their pre approval tools on the website to see if anything comes up. You have a good chance with all 3 of them if you have nothing reporting right now.

Let those accounts age 6 months, and then you can start thinking about adding more cards.

I posted about this in the rewards threads, but I thought this offer merited a dedicated thread.

citi-tabbed-exec-offer.jpg

Limited-time offer: Earn 75,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles with the card designed for the world's largest airline!

Apply now and earn 75,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you make $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening1!

Use your AAdvantage® miles for award travel to nearly 1,000 destinations worldwide on American Airlines and US Airways.

As a cardmember, you'll enjoy premium benefits throughout your travel experience:

• Admirals Club® Membership
  • Elite Qualifying Miles
  • NEW! – Enjoy a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
  • No Foreign Transaction Fees on Purchases
  • Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 you spend on eligible American Airlines and US Airways purchases
  • Enhanced Airport Experience
  • First Checked Bag Free on Domestic Itineraries
  • 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines and US Airways flights
  • No Mileage Cap
  • Expert Concierge Service

Enjoy these VIP benefits for an annual fee of $450

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citi-executive.jsp?anchorLocation=HomePageHero1&reportedTitle=citiaadvantageplatinumselectcard&anchorLocation=HomePageHero1&reportedTitle=Citi%20AAdvantage%20Platinum%20Select%20Card&reportedPosition=0&url=undefined&_locale=en_US&repositoryName=undefined&repositoryId=undefined

This offer is currently only available on the AA website, not on the Citi website.

It's not as good as the past 100K offer and there is no $200 statement credit, but they did add the Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit.

IIRC, if the 100K offer becomes available, you should be able to apply for that offer as well since it is a different offer. Someone correct me if I am wrong. My guess is that the 100K offer is not going to be back this summer since this offer became available.

On FT, there are reports of people calling in after 2 months to cancel and getting the $450 AF refunded with spending requirements.

Unlike the Prestige, you do not need to be flying with AA to use the Admirals Club, and it is good for you and 2 guests or your immediate family.

The Citi approval standards seem to be as relaxed with this card as the other AA cards. I was approved for $8500 with a 680 EX08 and 17 inquiries, 7 in the past 6 months.

Also, unlike the Prestige you don't have to carry the card with you to get into the Admirals Club.

With the Executive, your card is associated with your AAdvantage number, so if you're flying on American all you need to get into the Admirals Club is your boarding pass.

I'm traveling today, and I almost forgot to put the Prestige in my wallet. I wouldn't be able to get into the AC without it, even though I'm flying on AA. I have enough things on my checklist for travel day without this extra hassle.

I can not believe that I'm the only person on CB who applied for this. :dntknw:

I'm also surprised. I'm not surprised that there isn't a stampede, but no one?

This is a great card and a really strong offer. I think most people look at the $450 AF and just shut down because it resembles an extra car payment.

Lol, no sign of Ron for an actually useful card?

This is a great card and a really strong offer. I think most people look at the $450 AF and just shut down because it resembles an extra car payment.

I'm not sure he actually uses his cards. :lol:

I'm not sure he actually uses his cards. :lol:

Lol.

I wonder if they'd switch my 50k offer to the 75k... I just hit the spend requirement on the 50k, but I could sure use those extra 25k miles since its another free trip.

You could call and ask. If they don't match the offer, maybe you could get them to refund the AF.

You may also be able to apply for a second card since it's a different offer. Call to check first.

It case anyone is wondering this offer does contain the 18 month rule for churning.

Can you spend the $7,500 towards mortgage?

I am.. I'll probably use plasiq.com

What is their fee?
2.5% for plastiq

0.6% + Time for a VGC and a MO

The last post in this topic was posted 2729 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.