CapOne Venture now metal

hawaiigirl

The last post in this topic was posted 2203 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Would I qualify for a Venture card with those scores?

Sorry if this sounds snarky, but there's a great feature of this site called the Credit Pulls Database that allows you to do your own research to answer questions like this.

I apologize for being a bother. Even though I've been a lurker for a while I'm still new to the way things work around here. I appreciate the info. Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would I qualify for a Venture card with those scores?

Sorry if this sounds snarky, but there's a great feature of this site called the Credit Pulls Database that allows you to do your own research to answer questions like this.

I apologize for being a bother. Even though I've been a lurker for a while I'm still new to the way things work around here. I appreciate the info. Thanks.

Go apply. ..if approved apply for a second one right away. ...get the two for one

I have a question about the Venture card's "excellent credit" requirement. What FICO score qualifies for excellent credit? I've seen articles say that anything above 750 FICO score is excellent and other articles saying anything above 750 is very good (with 800+ being in the "excellent" category). I have a plain Cap One rewards card I'd like to upgrade to a Venture card. My FICO score is between 740 at the lowest and 760 at the highest. Would I qualify for a Venture card with those scores? I'd like some input before I actually make the call. Thank you.

You definitely will be approved. Go ahead and apply for a twofer. Get the venture and another.

I got a Venture One recently. Definitely a plastic-metal-plastic sandwich a la CSP. Before anyone gets bent out of shape, no, I didn't get a Venture One to actually spend on it. I'll put their $200 to good use and it's got no AF, so it's going to sit in the SD after I meet the spend. And I grabbed it to potentially combine down the road. But definitely metal for any doubters.

So i was approved for 5k Venture card 8months ago..i use about 2k a month and pay down very low each billing cycle. I know i should easily be able to get a credit line increase but are you guys suggesting that i immediately apply for another venture card right afterwards for th 2fer?

I have a question about the Venture card's "excellent credit" requirement. What FICO score qualifies for excellent credit? I've seen articles say that anything above 750 FICO score is excellent and other articles saying anything above 750 is very good (with 800+ being in the "excellent" category). I have a plain Cap One rewards card I'd like to upgrade to a Venture card. My FICO score is between 740 at the lowest and 760 at the highest. Would I qualify for a Venture card with those scores? I'd like some input before I actually make the call. Thank you.

I have two separate Cap 1 Platinum Cards that I have had for around 15 years for both. They recently sent me a letter inviting me to upgrade to Venture one and/or Quicksilver Cards. My TU Fico is much lower than yours at 710 and I think it was actually 685 two months ago when they likely checked my reports. So their "Excellent Credit" requirement is not necessarily true.You will have no problem converting your card with those scores.

Apped for the DW's 2nd Venture for the $400 and the new card arrived and it is not metal.

Stated my 2 Ventures were damaged and the replacement cards were not metal?

Called CS and asked....i know...and they stated they were not aware of any metal cards.

OP are you sure it is metal?? Take a pic and black out the name and numbers

Apped for the DW's 2nd Venture for the $400 and the new card arrived and it is not metal.

Called CS and asked....i know...and they stated they were not aware of any metal cards.

I'm looking at my renewal card I got several months ago. It doesn't look like metal too. I'm not going to bother them to ask for a replacement for a "damaged card," unless I'm sure about this.

My current card: Venture One Visa Signature.

Front of card: Black, with dark-blue shiny "passport stamps" in background. Flat with only my name printed (slightly raised to the touch) in an off-white in the lower left. It says "Venture One" in the middle of the card with a chip to the left of that printing.

Back of card: The magnetic strip is dark with white dots on it. Visa Signature in lower right, with a silver bird near the lower left. The card number is printed vertically on the left, four number wide, four rows down. The numbers are slightly raised to the touch. Below that is the expiration date and three digit security code.

Weight: I don't have a scale that weighs that small. Maybe a couple of grams. About the same as an average card. It doesn't sound like metal when I drop it.

Edited by Burgerwars

Listen, I have the Ritz Carlton card - a true metal card that is MUCH heavier than the CSP - and the CSP which is a piece of metal sandwiched between two pieces of plastic. This Venture is the same as the CSP - metal in the middle, plastic on the outside. Thicker and heavier than an ordinary card, but not half as heavy as the Ritz card.

As that other thread suggests, I imagine this is just a beta and it's a random thing. I'll put mine on a shipping scale later and weigh it against my better half's plastic Venture and the CSP and Ritz.

Listen, I have the Ritz Carlton card - a true metal card that is MUCH heavier than the CSP - and the CSP which is a piece of metal sandwiched between two pieces of plastic. This Venture is the same as the CSP - metal in the middle, plastic on the outside. Thicker and heavier than an ordinary card, but not half as heavy as the Ritz card.

As that other thread suggests, I imagine this is just a beta and it's a random thing. I'll put mine on a shipping scale later and weigh it against my better half's plastic Venture and the CSP and Ritz.

I do love the reaction I get when I pull out my heavy, metal, Ritz card.

Yes, I'm sure it's metal. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this. There's plenty out there talking about a test of metal Venture cards. Here's a pic of the front of the card, numbers are all on the back. Top is metal, bottom is plastic. The round stamp and the Venture text are textured on the metal, flat on the plastic. Just as a couple of data points, weight of the plastic is 4g and weight of the metal is 17g. For reference, the CSP is 12g. That's it.

qt9I8uEm.png

Edited by hawaiigirl

The last post in this topic was posted 2203 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.