Sign in to follow this  
connectthedot

Request CLI on activation for new Citi card from 9K to 30K? Would request a large 30K BT help?

My highest CL is 50K, average CL is approx 30K, Income $150K and Fico 8 score 820.

Citi instantly approved me for 9K. Do you think I should ask for a 9K to 30K CLI since my average CL is 30K? Would it help my chances if I did a 0% BT for 30K on it?

I understand AAOA will reduce but my AAOA is stellar. But If I close this card, will it still count as a "new account" ?

Thank you!

PS Also what # should I call? Activation #? Or Reconsideration / Backdoor #?

My highest CL is 50K, average CL is approx 30K, Income $150K and Fico 8 score 820.

Citi instantly approved me for 9K. Do you think I should ask for a 9K to 30K CLI since my average CL is 30K? Would it help my chances if I did a 0% BT for 30K on it?

I understand AAOA will reduce but my AAOA is stellar. But If I close this card, will it still count as a "new account" ?

Thank you!

PS Also what # should I call? Activation #? Or Reconsideration / Backdoor #?

yes it will count as new if closed and I'd ask about raising your limit. Why not? You are super prime and have the income and existing lines to argue. What's the worst that happens? Another HP and a no?

I've had luck doing it online when I get the card. I've ever had it be another hard inquiry and I've done it so far as one month out from the application. I don't know for sure if asking for a balance transfer helps get large lines anymore. It's 2015, not 2005.

Citi will not increase you on activation. Not until 6 months.

wrong

Can you show me a few successes? I've yet to read any and my search always shows denials. I got a denial for recon also when they granted me a measly $1k, my lowest CL. Even the rep said they don't increase until your first 6 months.

Edited by Jon77

I've had luck doing it online when I get the card. I've ever had it be another hard inquiry and I've done it so far as one month out from the application. I don't know for sure if asking for a balance transfer helps get large lines anymore. It's 2015, not 2005.

Citi will HP - especially for that kind of bump... but I think OP has a good chance of getting it.

wrong

Can you show me a few successes? I've yet to read any and my search always shows denials. I got a denial for recon also when they granted me a measly $1k, my lowest CL. Even the rep said they don't increase until your first 6 months.
Thats because your profile didnt support it. The $1K starting limit is proof of that.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=539377&p=5223493

Edited by Konrad2012

wrong
Thats because your profile didnt support it. The $1K starting limit is proof of that.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=539377&p=5223493

Well then I type corrected. Apparently if you have 848 FICO scores, Citi will bend over for you. :rofl:

Credit is always changing. Threads from 2009 smack in the middle of the recession aren't indicative of current trends (well, except for the recent Chase moves)

IIRC CV was also able to recon the initial approval limits recently.

Super prime credit opens a lot of doors.

NBIPBM in post #3 did as well. A $1K limit means Citi doesn't like you.

Type Citi into creditpulls with nothing else and look through it. Ignore Home Depot, Shell and other store/gas cards. You won't find many $1K limits, and those you do find are 650 FICO's and such (which obviously means thin or dirty)

I haven't had any negatives on my reports in years. But, at the time of app, I believe I had a few new accounts report. Doesn't matter now. 6 months later they upped my limit.

Edited by Jon77

Were your scores in super prime territory?

I would guess around 745 at the time.

Were your scores in super prime territory?

I would guess around 745 at the time.

So the answer is no.

I just requested a CLI with Citi

from 40 to 60.

We'll see.

from 40 to 60.

We'll see.

From the TYP... I made you app for that one...

I still remember....

from 40 to 60.

We'll see.

I still remember....

You should stop using "TYP" because there are 2 TYP cards. ;)

from 40 to 60.

We'll see.

I still remember....

You should stop using "TYP" because there are 2 TYP cards. ;)

Thank YOU for correcting me.

The Preferred...

Is what I was referring to

I've mostly been opening new cards and moving limits around at Citi lately. My new TY Premier is now my highest limit card as a result. It's a long story how that card, which isn't a keeper, ended up this way. :D

Approved for 8K in October..In November, I asked for 25K online. Approved a few hours later without a hard pull.

I've mostly been opening new cards and moving limits around at Citi lately. My new TY Premier is now my highest limit card as a result. It's a long story how that card, which isn't a keeper, ended up this way. :D

Citi allows you to move limits now? Awesome..

Approved for 8K in October..In November, I asked for 25K online. Approved a few hours later without a hard pull.

Citi allows you to move limits now? Awesome..

This is for a while already. Very simple process as well. Just requires you to call CS and request for a supervisor. They take care of the rest