Sock Drawer CC

NAC

The last post in this topic was posted 2771 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Why? Padding UTL? Anything else?

Lowe's Consumer card.

Yes.

ETA: I need a TU pull b/c it has the least inqs.

Lowe's is the way to go. HP on TU for app, excellent limits, SP cli once every two or three months, decent terms or 5% off, and many card-holder only deals.

There was a two day Father's Day sale that offered 10% for cardholders, for example.

The board has hammered out these type of cards and we've pretty much been unanimous about the UTL value of Lowe's because it offers a bunch of other benefits that most other cards of it's type don't.

Edited by ubercat

What card is best for no/low usage who pulls TU? I checked CP and it seems Barclays may be the best option?

Barclays likes to see heavy usage. Not a good choice for a SD card.

Good to know!

Lowe's has a lot of value and it's easy to get a high limit. You can pay a small amount of your purchase and get a 5% discount on your entire purchase. That lets you either pay at the register with another rewards CC or use discounted GCs that you've purchased with a rewards CC elsewhere.

Barclays will shut down cards for inactivity.

We get 10% off for military so the discount doesn't matter. The 0% might be nice though for a deck DH wants to build.

I app'd but I'm calling today to get a manual look and see if they'll give me more right away.

Lowe's has a lot of value and it's easy to get a high limit. You can pay a small amount of your purchase and get a 5% discount on your entire purchase. That lets you either pay at the register with another rewards CC or use discounted GCs that you've purchased with a rewards CC elsewhere.

Really? I have a $200 gift card that i want to use for Lowe's, for about a $250 purchase. So I can get my 5% discount still? Does it matter which card I present first? (Gift card or credit card)

Really? I have a $200 gift card that i want to use for Lowe's, for about a $250 purchase. So I can get my 5% discount still? Does it matter which card I present first? (Gift card or credit card)

We had this discussion somewhere. So far I haven't found the thread.

No it doesn't matter

No it doesn't matter

I tested this recently both in store and online. It doesn't matter either way. :good:

The last post in this topic was posted 2771 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.