Sign in to follow this  
CropDustin8885

Auto loan with 550-600 score

I am trying to get a loan for about $15,000.00 and i have no idea how to go about doing it or where to go to look for financing. I am currently rebuilding my credit and my scores are Equifax 553 Trans Union 513 Experian 575. I am trying to get something in the next 2 months or so. Please help :sorry:

My standard answer if your credit file is impaired, a dealership is admirably suited to help find you a loan.

My scores were down around 510ish when my local Mitsubishi F&I guy jumped through a lot of hoops to get me financed. I don't think he shotgunned my app though. I'm pretty sure he went straight to the phone to call a contact at Chase or Capital One. I had to provide a crap ton of documentation for a $15k automobile loan though. My nursing school degree & license. Pay stubs. Personal sob story about why my credit was in the toilet. They wouldn't do no money down, but I literally only paid $500 down. They financed the rest. It was at a usurious rate with GAP required. But the deal got done. And Richard got 4 more car loans out of me over the next 8 years!

Edited by dansamy

Any one can get a auto someplace these days. May not be the car you wanted or terms but you can get one.

I am trying to get a loan for about $15,000.00 and i have no idea how to go about doing it or where to go to look for financing. I am currently rebuilding my credit and my scores are Equifax 553 Trans Union 513 Experian 575. I am trying to get something in the next 2 months or so. Please help :sorry:

Definitely a dealership, when we were first rebuilding GM Financial which I think is Americredit picked my wife up at like 16%...I think her score was a 580...myself I actually applied online through Capital One and got approved at 14% with a score around 560...this was all about a month after a BK....we have since moved on from these loans and refinanced...it's hard to not get approved for a car loans these days I think....Good luck!

I'd expect one of the janky banks to pick it up. Expect to pay over 15% APR unless of course you have access to NFCU, even then you might not get single digit APR.

There's always Santander who basically will finance anyone if they have a decent income.

Will be an awful rate and you will be kicking yourself every time you make a payment but it can be done.

A friend of mine just leased a new Honda Civic throught HFS with a 580 score, you might want to try Honda. He also rolled about $8k of negative equaity into the loan with only $1k down.

A friend of mine just leased a new Honda Civic throught HFS with a 580 score, you might want to try Honda. He also rolled about $8k of negative equaity into the loan with only $1k down.

Some strings must have been pulled on that one!

Some strings must have been pulled on that one!

Right. Aint no way this could happen

But yes when it comes to cars somebody with a 580 score can get a bteer rate then somebody with the same score . Just all depends what is on the credit. Somebody with a 580 may have clean credit and 1 collection while the other may have a repo and 3 or 4 collections so ofcourse that person will be risker

Cant really compare credit scores when buying cars.

There's always Santander who basically will finance anyone if they have a decent income.

Will be an awful rate and you will be kicking yourself every time you make a payment but it can be done.

They denied me with a 580 score. But I did have a repo about 2 years old or so

how the hell do lease a honda and roll 8k negative equity with 1k down Marv is good but i dont know if he could have pulled that loan off. Wink Marv :wave:

i just picked up a brand new 2015 challenger RT Plus no credit score even though i have credit cards my score still said 0 with $1k down my interest is 15% but anything is possible if you make enough.

Maybe some strings were pulled, but I was with him and saw it all. The whole thing took about 2 hours and seems pretty painless. Total lease amount was $29k on a Civic LX. I also leased a new accord with a similar amount of negative with a much higher score. It was pretty seamless.