Massive breach of federal personnel data

The last post in this topic was posted 2093 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

The Obama administration is scrambling to assess the impact of a massive data breach, suspected to have originated in China, involving the agency that handles security clearances and employee records, U.S. officials said Thursday.

U.S. officials told NBC News that, so far, the breach doesn't appear to be the "worst-case scenario" — compromise and disclosure of the identities of the covert CIA agents. But they said the breach — which exploited a "zero day" vulnerability, meaning one that was previously unknown — could be the biggest cyberattack in U.S. history, potentially affecting every agency of the U.S. government.....http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-officials-massive-breach-federal-personnel-data-n370096

"Our response to these attacks can no longer simply be notifying people after their personal information has been stolen," Burr said. "We must start to prevent these breaches in the first place."

Well, duh.

China is kinda totally ready to go back to having no electricity...

Most of China is used to it. Americans not so much.

As of 2011 99.4% of China's population has electricity. It's much higher than the Philippines, Vietnam, and most of the countries around it. India, for instance is 75%.

They aren't what they used to be.

Just wait until the Chinese take down the entire US power grid....you have been warned! :o

You know........it cracks me up how some people build these faraday cages to protect their cell phones and things like that. I mean seriously.........if none of the towers work and nobody elses' stuff works, what good is your iphone going to do you, lol. I just don't understand people's priorities sometimes.

Ya know, the breach originated from China....it doesn't mean that it came from the Chinese government.

Most of the attacks on my different websites usually originate from China....that is why I try to block as many IPs from there as I can.

Also....the Sinophobic comments are really starting to get to me.

I don't know of any Spanish (from Spain) or Latin Americans on CB that are dissing people living in the US....so I really don't understand by "gringophobic". As for "bankerphobic", banker is a profession (or industry if you mean the lot of them).

I just can't understand why anyone would want to throw an entire people into pre-modern times. Imagine the number of deaths that would occur if there were no electricity. No electricity for hospitals? No electricity for refrigeration (causing spoilage and illness). No electricity for street lights, elevators, air conditioning/heating? Why would you want such a thing? Why would you hate a people that much?

I just can't understand why anyone would want to throw an entire people into pre-modern times. Imagine the number of deaths that would occur if there were no electricity. No electricity for hospitals? No electricity for refrigeration (causing spoilage and illness). No electricity for street lights, elevators, air conditioning/heating? Why would you want such a thing? Why would you hate a people that much?

Agrarian societies would gain an advantage over 'modern' societies - that was my only point.

• Admin

I think "-phobic" is a distortion in many situations; it is used to tamp down dissenting speech. I'm not afraid of Chinese people, and I'm pretty sure they are not afraid of American people. That doesn't change the fact that one country's government (including our own) might attempt to take control of another country. To deny this is to deny history. Discussing it doesn't mean I have an irrational fear of the people of that country, or that they have an irrational fear of us. Fearing the hostile actions of our government doesn't make them phobic, it makes them aware of the history of national conflicts.

China is kinda totally ready to go back to having no electricity...

Most of China is used to it. Americans not so much.

As of 2011 99.4% of China's population has electricity. It's much higher than the Philippines, Vietnam, and most of the countries around it. India, for instance is 75%.

They aren't what they used to be.

I was referring to the routine power outages in China, but when I went back and researched, it appears most of the articles about it were from 2011-2012. I didn't realize it had been that long. IME, Americans don't cope well with power outages.

The last post in this topic was posted 2093 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.