Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Best was to CLI from $20K to $50k with NFCU

The last post in this topic was posted 2033 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a $20K card with NFCU I have been carrying a max balance for a year and also $10 NavCheck. Paid both off and paying off other CCs. My FICO is 740s with util at 13% and will get UTIL down to 2% when CRA updates. This is my max card with 2nd highest limit $5K. What is the best way to get to $50k? I earn near mid six figures. also have $35K car loan paid on time and down to about $12k. no INQs in over 2 years.

Would like to know:

-When I hit the love button I will get a chance to request specific amount and should ask for $50k?

-If rejected or don't get my limit is it best to call or do online secure message?

-If they ask for docs is it usually pay stubs for last 2 months faxed to them?

-what do i need to get to $80k limits?

Thanks!

Do you have the Flagship card? That is the one that goes to 80K. The others go to 50K. With your income you might as well ask for the max. They will do a hard pull and a manual review and let you know if they need any other docs. Docs are usually either pay stubs if you are employed, or tax returns if self employed. If you need to do recon I would call. Good luck.

Edited by Tyra

Ask for $50k and you'll probably get the 7-10 day message or whatever.

If you wait a few days and call then they will say they need proof of income. I sent a secure message online including POI.

I received en email saying it will be decisioned within 24 hours. I called a couple days later and was told to call back in a few days.

Long story short (and my timeline may be off) but I can almost guarantee you will have to show proof of income (nothing crazy, pay stubs or 1 year tax return--basically whatever you want to send). And they are not fast...give it some time. I was impatient and kept calling. I think it took 3-4 phone calls but I did get approved finally on the last call but was put on hold for 30+ minutes while the underwriter did his/her thing. I would honestly advise to just take it slow. If you have sufficient income you'll get the CLI.

Only the Flagship goes up to $80k. I don't know if there is a different procedure to go up to $80k but I doubt it. I bet it's just higher income. Be aware that the big downside of all these cards is that they only let you balance transfer or cash advance up to $30k. So if that is something you ever want to do (they offer 0% offers once or twice a year), it may be preferable to you to want two cards to access $60k in balance transfers/cash advances. Just something to consider vs having a single $80k tradeline.

Hope this helps. I just went through this a couple weeks ago so ask any other questions and I'll try to answer.

Ask for $50k and you'll probably get the 7-10 day message or whatever.

If you wait a few days and call then they will say they need proof of income. I sent a secure message online including POI.

I received en email saying it will be decisioned within 24 hours. I called a couple days later and was told to call back in a few days.

Long story short (and my timeline may be off) but I can almost guarantee you will have to show proof of income (nothing crazy, pay stubs or 1 year tax return--basically whatever you want to send). And they are not fast...give it some time. I was impatient and kept calling. I think it took 3-4 phone calls but I did get approved finally on the last call but was put on hold for 30+ minutes while the underwriter did his/her thing. I would honestly advise to just take it slow. If you have sufficient income you'll get the CLI.

Only the Flagship goes up to $80k. I don't know if there is a different procedure to go up to $80k but I doubt it. I bet it's just higher income. Be aware that the big downside of all these cards is that they only let you balance transfer or cash advance up to $30k. So if that is something you ever want to do (they offer 0% offers once or twice a year), it may be preferable to you to want two cards to access $60k in balance transfers/cash advances. Just something to consider vs having a single $80k tradeline.

Hope this helps. I just went through this a couple weeks ago so ask any other questions and I'll try to answer.

How long have you had your account with them?

3 years old

Approved $17k originally, CLI to $22k soon after, CLI to $25k soon after, CLI to $30k soon after denied. CLI to $27k soon after denied. I figured that was all my income supported so I left them alone. They saw usage mainly taking advantage of 0% offers.

Probably 1.5-2 years after leaving them alone I go for the 25>50k CLI as explained and was approved with POI. My income has tripled and I had entered in online FWIW when they periodically ask me to "update" my profile. Score at time of application was a solid 780 fico, if that helps.

Keep me updated. :) Good luck.

Thanks for all the advice. 749 FAKO and 87% balance reporting on 2 cards. NFCU reporting balance on CC 5x what is current so will move forward once I get to less than 95% reporting on all TLs.

I'll keep you updated. great advice.

So I had to send in some W2s and I'm now maxed out at $50k. Thanks for the help.

Now deciding on going for PenFed when my $50K NFCU TL starts reporting or PSECU 20/20 now. See,s like I'm still AMEX BL'd

applied online and got message they are reviewing. phone call next day requesting pay stubs so faxed it in. called same day to confirm. placed on hold for few minutes then approved. less than 24 hour turn around.

Good deal! Congrats! Let me know if you go for the Penfed card or another card that's $50k+

I couldn't manage to add any that were $50k off the bat but I added SDFCU at $25k with the hopes of a CLI down the road. They weren't very nice at all trying to recon though.

highjacking a little...I want to increase mine. *I* don't have income but my husband does. He's newly self-employed (last 5-6 months).

If they asked for income would bank statements be okay?

The last post in this topic was posted 2033 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.