Sign in to follow this  
ch1c

Overwhelmed...

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and really would appreciate some guidance. Basically, I want to get the ball rolling on this credit repair but, I feel financially strapped and confused on where to start.

I had a miscarriage earlier this year so, I have medical bills coming that I need to pay before I have more dings to my credit report. My plan is to get on payment plans for GYN visits and my surgery balance (I have high deductible with my insurance). I want to pay off my credit cards and lower my utilization, but I have SO many lates on my report...I'm talking 30, 60, 90, 120, AND 150 lates. How can I fix those? Is it beyond fixing? Even if I start making consistent payments...my credit will still look like crap.

I feel like I am in a hole I can never climb out off. I take home $1300 every two weeks - how can I manage this AND utilites, car loan payments, and daily living?

Let me just post my info before I have a nervous breakdown. Warning, it is alot and shameful.

My Fico scores: EQ 586 TU 582 EX 581

Baddies: (FYI - all CCs are/were over the limit)

Credit One: $450 / current balance $762 - account closed by bank

LATE 30 DAYS 2 times (Sep 2014, May 2012)
LATE 60 DAYS 1 time (Oct 2014)
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS 1 time (Nov 2014)
Orchard Bank (now Cap One) - sent to Porfolio Recovery Asc - owe $472 (arranged payment plan with them).
Now owe $273 - pay $93.15/month
CC Limit was $300 / account closed in collections. Shows as charge off on reports
LATE 30 DAYS 3 times (Mar 2013, May 2012)
LATE 60 DAYS 2 times (Apr 2013, Jun 2012)
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS/120 DAYS 21 times (Jan 2015, Dec 2014, Nov 2014, Oct 2014, Sep 2014, Aug 2014, Jul 2014, Jun 2014, May 2014, Apr 2014, Mar 2014, Feb 2014, Jan 2014, Dec 2013, Nov 2013, Oct 2013, Sep 2013, Aug 2013, Jul 2013, Jun 2013, May 2013)
NFCU - 3 90/120 day lates reporting from 2009 / account was closed. $1000 limit - paid in full Jan 2014
Merrick Bank - paid in full 2012 / account is closed $1000 limit
30, 60 lates reporting
LATE 30 DAYS 4 times (Dec 2009, Nov 2009)
LATE 60 DAYS 2 times (Jan 2010, Dec 2008)

Capitol One - paid in full 11/2014 $1000 / account closed

30, 60, 90, 120 lates reporting from 2014

LATE 30 DAYS 5 times (May 2014, Apr 2014)
LATE 60 DAYS 7 times (Aug 2014, Jul 2014, Jun 2014)
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS 7 times (Nov 2014, Oct 2014, Sep 2014, Mar 2010)
WORST DELINQUENCY 120+ days past due
Discover - paid in full 4/2015 $1000 / account closed
LATE 30 DAYS 8 times (Mar 2015)
LATE 60 DAYS 2 times
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS 3 times (Feb 2010, Jan 2010)
WORST DELINQUENCY 90 days past due
Bank Of America - paid in full in 2011 $800 / account closed
LATE 30 DAYS 3 times (Aug 2009, Apr 2009, Nov 2008)
LATE 60 DAYS 1 time (Dec 2008)
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS 1 time (Jan 2009)
WORST DELINQUENCY 90 days past due
Paypal Buyer Credit - paid in full March 2015 $700 / showing as charge off on EQ & EX
LATE 30 DAYS 9 times (Feb 2014, Jan 2014, Dec 2013, Nov 2013)
LATE 60 DAYS 5 times (Apr 2014, Mar 2014)
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS 10 times (Feb 2015, Jan 2015, Dec 2014, Nov 2014, Oct 2014, Sep 2014, Aug 2014, Jul 2014, Jun 2014, May 2014)
I C System Inc - Collections reporting to all three for RCN/Cable
ORIGINAL LENDER Rcn Corporation
ORIGINAL BALANCE $304
CURRENT BALANCE $304
STATUS Account seriously past due date/account assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's public collection department
DATE ASSIGNED Jun 19, 2014
US Dept Student Loan (now consolidated) on EQ
LATE 30 DAYS 0 times - -
LATE 60 DAYS 2 times (Dec 2009, Jan 2009) - -
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS 7 times (Jan 2010, Jul 2009, Jun 2009, May 2009, Apr 2009, Mar 2009, Feb 2009) - -
WORST DELINQUENCY 120+ days past due - -
HIGH BALANCE $44,509
ACS H***** University Student Loan
LATE 30 DAYS 6 times 5 times (Nov 2012, Sep 2012, Nov 2011, Jul 2011, Jun 2011)
LATE 60 DAYS 2 times 2 times (Dec 2012, Dec 2011)
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS 30 times (Feb 2015, Jan 2015, Dec 2014, Nov 2014, Oct 2014, Sep 2014, Aug 2014, Jul 2014, Jun 2014, May 2014, Apr 2014, Mar 2014, Feb 2014, Jan 2014, Dec 2013, Nov 2013, Oct 2013, Sep 2013, Aug 2013, Jul 2013, Jun 2013, May 2013, Apr 2013, Mar 2013)
HIGH BALANCE $4,000
Todd Brewer Lawson Collections - school tuition bal sent to collections / on TU report. I am on payment plan with the CA
ORIGINAL LENDER - H***** University
ORIGINAL BALANCE - $2,186 -
CURRENT BALANCE - $1,226 -
STATUS - Collection account -
DATE ASSIGNED - Jul 21, 2011 -
ACCOUNT NUMBER - XXXXXX -
ACCOUNT HOLDER - Individual -
DESCRIPTION - Placed for collection
Verizon account showing as charge off on Experian from 2009 - I have to pull my pdf file to get the amount. It is not showing on myfico report.
I ordered mail-in copies of my credit report on yesterday from all three CRAs. Creditboards, please help me - where can I begin?

It can be overwhelming initially. When I returned to these boards after a job loss, my score had dropped to 472. I had been as much as 120 days late on my mortgage (AND took a year to bring it current) and a smattering of 30/60 day lates on CCs and my auto loan. I really thought I was going to be in this for the long haul (7 years).....

The 472 was from Feb 2014. Look at the scores in my siggy.

Read, read and read some more. Follow the steps outlined for newbies. Your score will not rebound overnight, but you will get there and we are all here to help and to support you during the process.

ch1c.

First, it's not a lot and it's not shameful.

Shameful is when you take on debt with no, or nearly no, intent to repay it. This obviously doesn't apply to you as you have been up against the wall with multiple creditors and were able to pay a good number of them. Secondly, life happens. Some we can control, some we can't. I think you should take pride in what you have managed to do with stretched out resources.

Also, I admire your determination to get yourself in a better position creditwise.

A question on your student debt: what is the current balance and account age? Others here are far more conversant with student debt issues and this can help them give good advice.

Keep your head up. You can get through this. :grin:

When I first pulled my reports 3 years ago, I didn't even know who I owed money to. It was overwhelming at first, but you can definitely get past this and move on. My income is comparable to yours.

1) Keep up with your student loans as the top priority. Those are the hardest to fix if they go bad.

2) If Credit One has not yet charged off, and if you are still paying them, keep doing that (to avoid another charge off reporting).

3) Because you have already made payment arrangements with Portfolio, you probably want to finish that out (as the lowest priority).

4) But if any other collectors contact you, ask here before talking to them or paying them anything.

Personally, I would stop paying for myFICO or any other credit monitoring at this point. Save your money.

Let us know when you get your paper reports.

Keep your head up. You can get through this. :grin:

When I first pulled my reports 3 years ago, I didn't even know who I owed money to. It was overwhelming at first, but you can definitely get past this and move on. My income is comparable to yours.

1) Keep up with your student loans as the top priority. Those are the hardest to fix if they go bad.

2) If Credit One has not yet charged off, and if you are still paying them, keep doing that (to avoid another charge off reporting).

3) Because you have already made payment arrangements with Portfolio, you probably want to finish that out (as the lowest priority).

4) But if any other collectors contact you, ask here before talking to them or paying them anything.

Personally, I would stop paying for myFICO or any other credit monitoring at this point. Save your money.

Let us know when you get your paper reports.

Thanks for the advice Tweak. I definitely plan to get off Myfico because I can't afford the monthly fee right now.

ch1c.

First, it's not a lot and it's not shameful.

Shameful is when you take on debt with no, or nearly no, intent to repay it. This obviously doesn't apply to you as you have been up against the wall with multiple creditors and were able to pay a good number of them. Secondly, life happens. Some we can control, some we can't. I think you should take pride in what you have managed to do with stretched out resources.

Also, I admire your determination to get yourself in a better position creditwise.

A question on your student debt: what is the current balance and account age? Others here are far more conversant with student debt issues and this can help them give good advice.

Thanks cashnocredit.

Current balance on the ACS Loan: $1013 120 days past due / min payment $42 opened in 2004

I have a consolidated and unconsolidated loan with Navient - current combined bal $53,965. The Dept of Ed loan that is on my report with lates shows as paid and closed. The balance was $44,509 - I don't even know which loan that is, I'm guessing it was the consolidated & unconsolidated loan. I went into forbearance around that time after not being able to make consistent payments.

Right now I have 3 student loans - Consolidated/Unconsolidated with Navient, Sallie Mae loan with Navient, and ACS loan (well no longer ACS, sold to another company...I have to pull that bill). For the former ACS loan, the school is reporting to the CRAs.

You are going to be amazed by your progress next June if you'll do one thing: stop stopping. :stop:

I looked at your posting history -- last June you were taking the bull by the horns. :aggressive:

Then life happened. I totally understand that. :sorry:

The fact that you've paid off several of these COs is a testament to your moxie. :good:

Based on that alone, if I were a Doctor of Credit, I'd say the prognosis is VERY good. ;)

But you won't go far if you set your sights on the peak of what seems like a mountain and allow your hands and feet to be paralyzed. :dntknw:

Keep your focus on the thing right in front of you and start crossing off successes...whether small or sizable.

The momentum will be self perpetuating and you'll end up wondering HOW you came so far in such a SHORT time.

There are countless examples of that very story on CB. :wave:

You're not doomed; you're not a freak; you'd never be crowned CrapCredit PromQueen. :rolleyes:

I don't even think you'd get your own segment on an underground cable talk show about Credit Losers. :D

You are going to be amazed by your progress next June if you'll do one thing: stop stopping. :stop:

I looked at your posting history -- last June you were taking the bull by the horns. :aggressive:

The fact that you've paid off several of these COs is a testament to your moxie. :good:

Based on that alone, if I were a Doctor of Credit, I'd say the prognosis is VERY good. ;)

But you won't go far if you set your sights on the peak of what seems like a mountain and allow your hands and feet to be paralyzed. :dntknw:

Keep your focus on the thing right in front of you and start crossing off successes...whether small or sizable.

The momentum will be self perpetuating and you'll end up wondering HOW you came so far in such a SHORT time.

You're not doomed; you're not a freak; you'd never be crowned CrapCredit PromQueen. :rolleyes:

I don't even think you'd get your own segment on an underground cable talk show about Credit Losers. :D

You are absolutely right. I was going in the right direction this time just last year! Life did happen...and I fell off :sorry:

I even successfully removed a medical collection off my report thanks to WhyChat!

So now, I'm trying to figure out the next step to take. This is really the hardest part. Since my student debt is a big contribution to my low scores - should that be my first move?

Based on that alone, if I were a Doctor of Credit, I'd say the prognosis is VERY good.

You are absolutely right. I was going in the right direction this time just last year! Life did happen...and I fell off :sorry:

I even successfully removed a medical collection off my report thanks to WhyChat!

So now, I'm trying to figure out the next step to take. This is really the hardest part. Since my student debt is a big contribution to my low scores - should that be my first move?

There are two schools of thought -- tackle the biggest challenge/obstacle first; or rack up a few smaller successes to boost your confidence. If you're prone to allowing yourself to get overwhelmed and run for cover, I'd go with the latter approach. But I would hop on over to the Student Loan Forum here on CB to read read read before I made that decision.

If you have any medicals left, it's usually suggested to address those first with WhyChat's help. But it sounds like you've already done that. You've totally got what it takes to do this. It's a marathon...no sprinting (for the most part) going on around here. :search:

HoustonLynne your encouraging words are helping me even more - thanks *hugs*

I was able to place my ACS loan (now with ECSI) in rehab thanks to the advice over in the student loan forum.

I am realizing this may take some time to repair, but I am remaining hopeful. :angel: