Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Plastiq.com Pay Bills with Credit or Debit Card

Plastiq counts as Shop Small. Still not worth it for me, but for those who are interested, 2.5x on select AMEX cards can be a good deal.

I have a 2.25% fee offer from Plastiq if I schedule 6 mortgage payments and pay with my Amex (it's 1.75% if I pay with a MasterCard).

I need to put this new info from you into my gonkulator.

Plastiq counts as Shop Small. Still not worth it for me, but for those who are interested, 2.5x on select AMEX cards can be a good deal.

I have a 2.25% fee offer from Plastiq if I schedule 6 mortgage payments and pay with my Amex (it's 1.75% if I pay with a MasterCard).

Assuming you get 2.5x for 2 months + 1.5x for 4 months for the 6 payments, I get very close numbers when compare to earning 1.5x with UR.

MR: 0.0122

UR: 0.0116

It counts as Shop Small!? Hmm it may very well be worth a mortgage payment to build up some MR (I've recently been debating UR gathering this way).

Are you a current user? If so, do you have a referral link since I may very well pull the trigger on this. A CB'er may as well get some bonus out of it, if possible.

Are you a current user? If so, do you have a referral link since I may very well pull the trigger on this. A CB'er may as well get some bonus out of it, if possible.

I've never used the service. I got the offer automatically when I signed up for a new account.

I've decided that even though I might come out a bit ahead on this, it doesn't make sense to basically purchase more travel points, given my current inventory.

I appreciate the referral suggestion but I will probably never use the referral credit. I'd rather see another member who would actually use the credit do the referral.

Understandable. I get charged a fee by my mortgage company for pushing a payment via ACH, so the rewards just barely eek out over the larger Plastiq fee (which, even as such is essentially paying for rewards points, which I'm okay with since I am far from swimming...at least not in the deep end with UR as of yet).

I have my own referral like to give out, if anyone wants the 'free dollars' or whatever they call them for a $20+ purchase.

I get charged a fee by my mortgage company for pushing a payment via ACH

One of our servicers is so amateur you cannot initiate an ACH pull from their web site. You have to use Western Union. :lol:

One of our servicers is so amateur you cannot initiate an ACH pull from their web site. You have to use Western Union. :lol:

Sounds like we're in the same boat. PNC (formerly National City). It's a joke, but I haven't learned my lesson to send a paper check every month...

Sounds like we're in the same boat. PNC (formerly National City). It's a joke, but I haven't learned my lesson to send a paper check every month...

Different servicer. I had no idea there were multiple places this backward.

These geniuses also managed to report the loan balance incorrectly on our credit reports for the first two or three months. It's not like they were just a month or two behind... the balances that reported were NEVER the balances on our account.

One time when I called in to inquire, one of the CSRs told me that the CRAs don't report the balance that they are given, but rather the CRA does its own calculation to determine the amount that is reflected on your credit report. Another rep on a different phone call told me I had to file disputes with all three to get the correct balances to report.

These geniuses also managed to report the loan balance incorrectly on our credit reports for the first two or three months. It's not like they were just a month or two behind... the balances that reported were NEVER the balances on our account.

One time when I called in to inquire, one of the CSRs told me that the CRAs don't report the balance that they are given, but rather the CRA does its own calculation to determine the amount that is reflected on your credit report. Another rep on a different phone call told me I had to file disputes with all three to get the correct balances to report.

Okay now that's just impressively bad on the CSRs. Wow.

Time for a human glitch thread? ;)

That's a good thought. :good:

I was also contemplating a "My Servicer is So Amateur..." thread. :P

That's a good thought. :good:

I was also contemplating a "My Servicer is So Amateur..." thread. :P

Oh that's much more PC. I avoid the phone as much as possible for these reasons...so I don't have a bunch of stories.

(just read about your stinky neighbor...hope that's going well and he doesn't spill the bloody mary).

So I scheduled my December 1st payment (targeted the end of November, since I assume there will be a delay with a holiday in the mix). We'll see how this goes and whether or not I keep doing it.

While I'm complaining about paying this servicer, I am also going to complain about Bank of America.

I paid a decent chunk of extra principal with our last mortgage payment, and instead of making the payment via ACH like they usually do, B of A mailed a check. The payment took forever to arrive. If it had arrived one day later I would have had a late fee to deal with...

I have no idea if this was a computer glitch or if they will only ACH payments up to a certain amount. When I scheduled the payment it showed delivery within two business days. Missed that by a mile.

While I'm complaining about paying this servicer, I am also going to complain about Bank of America.

I paid a decent chunk of extra principal with our last mortgage payment, and instead of making the payment via ACH like they usually do, B of A mailed a check. The payment took forever to arrive. If it had arrived one day later I would have had a late fee to deal with...

I have no idea if this was a computer glitch or if they will only ACH payments up to a certain amount. When I scheduled the payment it showed delivery within two business days. Missed that by a mile.

I know you aren't into needless complaining, but that is definitely unacceptable. I would at least voice my concern with the service (in line with the other topic of hopefully keeping them from screwing the next guy...even without a throat punch :) ).

I know you aren't into needless complaining, but that is definitely unacceptable. I would at least voice my concern with the service (in line with the other topic of hopefully keeping them from screwing the next guy...even without a throat punch :) ).

I'm definitely going to call them to figure out what happened. I'm paying extra every month to get rid of this #$^&@^ mortgage ASAP.

There was also a delay on my part because I sold some stock, and the trade inexplicably took a couple of extra days to settle. I pushed the mortgage payment a week later than normal because I wanted to include the proceeds of the stock sale with the payment.

It never occurred to dumb old me to just transfer in the same amount of money from a different account, rather than wait for the specific funds from that specific trade. :lol:

An article states that you could technically pay credit card bills with other credit cards through plastiq.com. I wouldn't recommend this type of activity though.

Jimmy.

Where are the shutdowns for this.

It seems like this would be an interesting way to deal with a 6 month Wells Fargo Bonanza.

An article states that you could technically pay credit card bills with other credit cards through plastiq.com. I wouldn't recommend this type of activity though.

Jimmy.

It seems like this would be an interesting way to deal with a 6 month Wells Fargo Bonanza.

Okay now that's interesting...with the right promo that might be worth exploring...

Jimmy.

Okay now that's interesting...with the right promo that might be worth exploring...

The most in your face way to do it would be to pay Wells with their own card... Thinking about it... I guess the credit limit speed limit would make it a looser over money orders,.. but it sure would be less work

Jimmy.

The most in your face way to do it would be to pay Wells with their own card... Thinking about it... I guess the credit limit speed limit would make it a looser over money orders,.. but it sure would be less work

What category is a Wells Fargo charge to a Wells Fargo card? ;)

Jimmy.

Jimmy.

Oh right... nvm.

Well, hell. This is a new development, which all but makes Plastiq pointless for me (in terms of the largest chunk of change I push through the service).

No more Visa card for my mortgage company. Any other regular users experiencing this for any other payments? Have they ruled out Visa in general for mortgages?

MLlnOBv.png

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/visa-cards-no-longer-work-pay-mortgage-plastiq/

Visa Cards No Longer Work to Pay Mortgage with Plastiq

Life comes at you fast.

Last week we reported that Plastiq no longer codes at 3x with CSR for rent and mortgage payments. CIP had mixed data points, and even one data point today suggesting that CIP is fixed and coding at 3x again. We still don’t know about Capital One and Bank of America.

However, Visa just informed Plastiq that they can no longer process mortgage payments. Reportedly, rent payments are not affected by the change, only mortgage.

I’ll hazard a guess that mortgage payments sent out via check (e.g. small banks) will still work since the mortgage category is bundled together with rent and real estate, so there isn’t any way for Visa to see which one it is.

Screen-Shot-2017-06-12-at-3.53.50-PM-102

If you can’t pay your mortgage or rent with a Visa, then the CIP question is moot since it’s a Visa card. (Same for the BofA TR question and the Cap1 Venture question since those are also both Visa cards, I believe.) Still matters for rent payments, however.

If you have a scheduled payment, it will reportedly continue processing on the Visa card so long as you don’t make any changes.

Anyone with the FNBO Amex or Sam's MC know if the 3% travel triggers with Plastiq or was that an exclusively Visa phenomenon?