Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Creditboards sucks

The last post in this topic was posted 2072 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

No, my points are valid. Accumulating massive credit lines, and gaming the system, is a bad idea for people who came here (originally) for credit repair advice. Why? Not using credit properly tends to be a chronic condition, and very cyclical. And credit != worth. The fact that so many here treat credit as an extension of their wealth is laughable. Debt is not equal to wealth.

You don't need a business degree to understand my points. And why do you follow me around reminding me of my own qualifications? Are you lacking a degree, and are envious? I thought you ran businesses in Asia? How do you have time to post here so much, and go to Targets to MS? Just doesn't add up, at all.

Your points are not valid. You said creditboards has changed, and you are full of it. Don't change your original post...it is here for all to see.

If you graduated from Harvard or Wharton, I will give you props. I applied to both and was denied. Those are the only schools I would have gone to other than USC. Nothing else was worth me leaving Southern California for, including Stanford and Cal.

About the only thing you ever have said I agree with relates to our current economy (or lack thereof). The DOW is at records, the NASDAQ is at pre-99 levels, housing prices are at pre-crash levels, the USD is ridiculously valued based solely upon the weakness of oil as well as other comparable currencies such as the EUR, AUD, JPY. Oil prices will rise, interest rates have to rise...throw in another trigger and our house of cards is going to collapse.

You've been around since... last summer? So, long time to comment on the tone/quality of this forum?

Tons of people have left in the past year, and tons of new people have filled that void. The content and tone of this board is unquestionably different. It's even more cliquey - and it definitely seems like you're trying to become the leader of that new clique, with your MS stories, tales of your Asian businesses, etc. Whatever floats your boat.

If you wouldn't leave Southern California for Stanford, you obviously don't understand the real benefit of business school - which is networking. Stanford is a great place to network, especially in regards to high tech businesses. But, then again, I'm not sure what Asian business you conduct, when not MS'ing.

So you do is critique other members then?

I am so screwed 200k available credit and 98k or so income. ...good thing only debt is factored into dti

My example was many multiple your income, i.e. $60k/$300k available credit. Double your income is pretty standard.

I have two friends who are underwriters - one for a CU, and one for JPMorgan in Manhattan. They've both definitively stated that someone with a modest income, with an absurd amount of available credit (available credit / income ratio) will be scrutinized further. In most cases, they're either denied - or it's requested that they close a certain % of available trade lines, to make the available credit more reasonable. It's all about limiting risk. That's what an underwriter is doing (assessing and limiting risk). Is this a new concept for you?

I don't care about the guidelines set by the two organizations mainly responsible for the housing bubble. Their standards are inverse of what should be done. We're now seeing nearly 0% down mortgages again. It's only a matter of time. At least this board will see more activity when people are crying poverty again.

That's what I figured. Your world has its own rules. Let us know when they apply to us.

Not here to convince anyone of anything.

You've convinced us that you're making it up as you go.

No, my points are valid. Accumulating massive credit lines, and gaming the system, is a bad idea for people who came here (originally) for credit repair advice. Why? Not using credit properly tends to be a chronic condition, and very cyclical. And credit != worth. The fact that so many here treat credit as an extension of their wealth is laughable. Debt is not equal to wealth.

You don't need a business degree to understand my points. And why do you follow me around reminding me of my own qualifications? Are you lacking a degree, and are envious? I thought you ran businesses in Asia? How do you have time to post here so much, and go to Targets to MS? Just doesn't add up, at all.

Your points are not valid. You said creditboards has changed, and you are full of it. Don't change your original post...it is here for all to see.

If you graduated from Harvard or Wharton, I will give you props. I applied to both and was denied. Those are the only schools I would have gone to other than USC. Nothing else was worth me leaving Southern California for, including Stanford and Cal.

About the only thing you ever have said I agree with relates to our current economy (or lack thereof). The DOW is at records, the NASDAQ is at pre-99 levels, housing prices are at pre-crash levels, the USD is ridiculously valued based solely upon the weakness of oil as well as other comparable currencies such as the EUR, AUD, JPY. Oil prices will rise, interest rates have to rise...throw in another trigger and our house of cards is going to collapse.

You've been around since... last summer? So, long time to comment on the tone/quality of this forum?

Tons of people have left in the past year, and tons of new people have filled that void. The content and tone of this board is unquestionably different. It's even more cliquey - and it definitely seems like you're trying to become the leader of that new clique, with your MS stories, tales of your Asian businesses, etc. Whatever floats your boat.

If you wouldn't leave Southern California for Stanford, you obviously don't understand the real benefit of business school - which is networking. Stanford is a great place to network, especially in regards to high tech businesses. But, then again, I'm not sure what Asian business you conduct, when not MS'ing.

Oh no. You will not take a swipe at someone we hold in high esteem.

K-Man shares more than most people on this board, myself included. Konrad is respected here, because he doesn't float crap. He bring real solutions and real ideas.

This is a pay-it-forward site. He's paid it so far forward he could take years off and still be good...

I have two friends who are underwriters - one for a CU, and one for JPMorgan in Manhattan. They've both definitively stated that someone with a modest income, with an absurd amount of available credit (available credit / income ratio) will be scrutinized further. In most cases, they're either denied - or it's requested that they close a certain % of available trade lines, to make the available credit more reasonable. It's all about limiting risk. That's what an underwriter is doing (assessing and limiting risk). Is this a new concept for you?

I don't care about the guidelines set by the two organizations mainly responsible for the housing bubble. Their standards are inverse of what should be done. We're now seeing nearly 0% down mortgages again. It's only a matter of time. At least this board will see more activity when people are crying poverty again.

That's what I figured. Your world has its own rules. Let us know when they apply to us.

:clapping:

K-Man shares more than most people on this board, myself included. Konrad is respected here, because he doesn't float crap. He bring real solutions and real ideas.

This is a pay-it-forward site. He's paid it so far forward he could take years off and still be good...

:good: and no matter how much you and I agree to disagree about the first Transformers movie.. I am in agreement with you.

I'm glad you hold him in high esteem. That's really good for you! Thanks for sharing!

:clapping:

I'm honestly surprised you haven't posted a selfie yet, or a photo of a car or something. You're improving!

:good: and no matter how much you and I agree to disagree about the first Transformers movie.. I am in agreement with you.

You know I got nuttin' but love for you. :)

I'm glad you hold him in high esteem. That's really good for you! Thanks for sharing!

BAN.

You know I got nuttin' but love for you. :)

BAN.

Ban? For what? I share information I have firsthand from people I'm friends with who work in the credit industry. Then several people tell me I'm bullshitting. These are the same people who told me I was bullshitting about my business background, and experience. And you want me banned?

Information is only ever accepted if it's deemed status quo. It's incredible, and so narrow-minded.

Edited by moadikum

Available credit is like a condom

Betteer to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

I have purchased used cars with credit cards when traditional financing would hands cost more...to each their own in credit

He can swipe at me, it's cool. The more he types, the more ignorant he shows to be.

He is absolutely correct about business school being largely about networking. Unfortunately, he fails to take into account where you live (or want to live) in regards to this networking. Networking only works where there is a network. I grew up in, and always wanted to live in, Southern California. So a business degree at USC was the most useful for me. And at the time, USC had the top Entrepreneurship program in the country. As I said, had Harvard or Wharton accepted me, I would have bounced out of SoCal. I was not accepted, I have no shame in admitting that.

If I wanted to live in NorCal, I would have accepted my offers to Cal and Stanford. If I wanted to live in Virginia, I would have gone to UVA. If I lived in Texas, I would have gone to UT or SMU. If I was Mormon, I would have gone to BYU. Etc Etc.

Congratulations muntja!! Sorry some felt the need to start trouble in your happy thread. They probably didn't even read that you got your house!!

Thread closed at OP's request. WTG. That's nice. Madlikum.

I have two friends who are underwriters - one for a CU, and one for JPMorgan in Manhattan. They've both definitively stated that someone with a modest income, with an absurd amount of available credit (available credit / income ratio) will be scrutinized further. In most cases, they're either denied - or it's requested that they close a certain % of available trade lines, to make the available credit more reasonable. It's all about limiting risk. That's what an underwriter is doing (assessing and limiting risk)

You should hang around with smarter friends. At 1 mill in AVAILABLE credit, which is several times my income, I had no problem obtaining a mortgage. Why? Because available credit does NOT equal debt. And guess what? I still have my house 13 years later. That disproves your pathetic reasoning.

Have you ever been nominated for my esteemed award of "wireless router of the month"?

The last post in this topic was posted 2072 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.