High Scores Are Attracting CAs. Advice?

Dalton23

The last post in this topic was posted 2828 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So, after a year of hard work my scores are finally in the 700+ range (from the low 500s). And I'm noticing it's attracting CA's trying to collect on old debts. I received a letter from one CA trying to collect on a 10 year old debt...immediately sent them a FOAD letter.

I just recently received another letter from Northland Group Inc trying to collect on an old US Bank debt (checking account). This debt is still within the SOL, it has never showed up on my credit reports but it is on my chexsystems report. The last thing I want is a new collection being added to my reports after finally getting them clean. So any advice is welcome. I plan on sending them a DV letter....

Date

Name of CA
Address
City, ST Zip

Dear CA,

I am requesting validation of the alleged debt listed below pursuant to the FDCPA.

CA Name Account #

Please also cease all communications with me by phone. All future communications with me must be done in writing at the address listed below.

Sincerely,

Your Name
Address
City, State Zip

I think Northland is a CA, not a JDB.

If so, US Bank still owns the debt.

Maybe try to pay US Bank -- which could also help your Chex report?

Have you read Your Collection Score?

Tweak, I called US Bank and they wouldn't give me any info on the account. They just gave me the CAs contact info.

I'll check out the link, thanks

Probably send the letter anyway -- it looks fine to me.

Northland was collecting as a CA on an old BOA credit card CO for me (BOA still owns it).

Northland wasn't very aggressive, and never appeared on my reports.

See what others say.

Northland is a CA so they're collecting on behalf of US Bank (who still owns your debt). Sometimes they have a contact with that particular CA

and want you to go directly through them to pay.

Northland has an account of mine (that is no longer in SOL) and yah, they weren't very aggressive. In my experience, no CA's are. It's the JDB's

that are a PITA.

CA's/JDB's watch the CR's like hawks. Any new activity that makes it look like you're obtaining credit and they're on it.

Find out the account due and mail it to u.s. bank directly. ..regardless if they will talk to you or not

Have you done this? I can't see them just randomly accepting a check. Also, the amount on my chexsystems report is different then what Northland claims I owe (which is quite a bit more).

Find out the account due and mail it to u.s. bank directly. ..regardless if they will talk to you or not

Have you done this? I can't see them just randomly accepting a check. Also, the amount on my chexsystems report is different then what Northland claims I owe (which is quite a bit more).

I would try it. ..what's the worst that can happen they do not take payment?

The last post in this topic was posted 2828 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.