Redbird RIP 5-6-2015

The last post in this topic was posted 2082 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

well this is interesting, I am using redbird just to pay off a creditor so they don't have my regular bank account info/ While at store today, the register prompted me to choose either debit or credit card for the load? This is different from the past, it just had me swipe my debit card to load without asking. I had only my debit card with me, so wasn't able to try the credit card option....but cashier told me it would work? Anyone else see this at their store? I might go back later today to try loading with my credit card and see what it does...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this is interesting, I am using redbird just to pay off a creditor so they don't have my regular bank account info/ While at store today, the register prompted me to choose either debit or credit card for the load? This is different from the past, it just had me swipe my debit card to load without asking. I had only my debit card with me, so wasn't able to try the credit card option....but cashier told me it would work? Anyone else see this at their store? I might go back later today to try loading with my credit card and see what it does...

Your credit card won't work...it just is giving you false hope :D

That's just the way the recoding is working for the EMV payment terminals.

I figured to good to be true.

I still think you should try next time as a sanity check. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

I still think you should try next time as a sanity check. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

I had that happen too and asked the Cashier. She stated that if you choose CC it won't load. They just recently "upgraded" the computer system and that was one of the new things that popped up.

Have at it

My understanding is that if the optional K6 was pressed before payment, the Credit option won't be displayed. But yes, seeing the Credit was tempting. :D

My understanding is that if the optional K6 was pressed before payment, the Credit option won't be displayed. But yes, seeing the Credit was tempting. :D

It does not work

The last post in this topic was posted 2082 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.