Redbird RIP 5-6-2015

The last post in this topic was posted 2082 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Lol.

It's nice for getting you over the hump but let's face it, ultimately if your spend doesn't align with spend bonuses then this game just isn't for you. Between the wife and I we're over 40K worth of spend bonuses for the year. Our spend for the most part aligns with this. I've bought a couple of MGC's at Staples to see how it reports when it posts but besides that it's all been legitimate spend. That being said. If you have a system set up for MS and it works for you, go with it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost surprising how many people MS. Lol.

Well that number is sure to fall significantly now. The Deadbird's demise is just going to get rid of the lazy M$ers. People will go try to buy a VGC, then have a problem getting an MO, decide its too much hassle.

And then they will come crap in all the M$ threads about what a waste of time it is.

The real M$ers are way past RC.

They are probably laughing at the amateurs

:rofl:

I love how FT people start dissing out DDF members...

I know FT people are harsh, but seriously it seems like they are almost racist.

FT has no business dissing anyone. They should look in the mirror.

FT has no business dissing anyone. They should look in the mirror.

DDF is under appreciated, but to be very honest, it's the best source for info for miles and airline tickets.

Dan also posts deals that are exclusively good. Electronics, etc.. (He doesn't post crap for the sake of posting)

He deserves a lot of respect.

None of the cashiers in my town even know what redbird is. So as long as the registers don't get hardcoded; I remain optimistic. I actually did use the RB for the 5% (especially nice when it stacks with another 2-5%), but don't see myself doing cash loads. I suppose it is still the cheapest way to liquidate V/M GC. I will be trying tomorrow when I get off work.

Well that number is sure to fall significantly now. The Deadbird's demise is just going to get rid of the lazy M$ers. People will go try to buy a VGC, then have a problem getting an MO, decide its too much hassle.

I don't know if it is laziness or just that it isn't worth the time expended for the benefit. Quite frankly, my time is more valuable to me than making an extra $100 a month by going through hoops to MS. The last thing I want to do is waste time either after work or on the weekend going to Target to MS, and I refuse to step foot in Walmart for any reason (I detest that store). If it is easy like Serve or AP was, that is one thing, but when I have to make a conscious effort to go somewhere I wouldn't normally, not worth it at that point.

I don't know if it is laziness or just that it isn't worth the time expended for the benefit. Quite frankly, my time is more valuable to me than making an extra $100 a month by going through hoops to MS. The last thing I want to do is waste time either after work or on the weekend going to Target to MS, and I refuse to step foot in Walmart for any reason (I detest that store). If it is easy like Serve or AP was, that is one thing, but when I have to make a conscious effort to go somewhere I wouldn't normally, not worth it at that point.

Hopefully more MSers will look at it this way.

And then they will come crap in all the M$ threads about what a waste of time it is.

There's still VGCs and Serve, but I see your point.

I was raked over the coals for this sentiment. Beware.

Those who M$ extensively are probably offended because they are pulling way more money than I'd expect.

The cashier I got last night asked me why so many people use these cards.

She was shocked at how much money people put on them and had no idea what they were for.

Word on the other boards is cc loads are confirmed dead.

But "debit" cards still work.

It was only a matter of time. They could have at least tried imposing a 1% fee for CC loads instead of closing the door completely.

You weren't raked over the coals. But going in to a thread started for discussing M$ strategies was not the place to start posting about how M$ isn't worth it, or you aren't interested in learning about it.

Notice also CTSoxFan "altered" my quote. They left out the "And then they will come crap in all the M$ threads about what a waste of time it is."

But that aside, I wholeheartedly agree with CTSoxFan...If I couldn't personally figure out a way to make more than $100 a month M$ing, I wouldn't waste my time either. And since they obviously cannot figure it out, they have made a good choice.

See though, I would load my Redbirds while my wife walked around Target and put diapers and toothpaste and paper towels in the cart. So I didn't "waste my time", I just added 7,500 points or miles minimum to my travel war chest with 0 effort and 0 amount of time.

Edited by Konrad2012

You weren't raked over the coals. But going in to a thread started for discussing M$ strategies was not the place to start posting about how M$ isn't worth it, or you aren't interested in learning about it.

Notice also CTSoxFan misquoted me.

Maybe I exaggerated, but without understanding just how much posters are MSing, I was taking the same point of view as CTsoxFan and folks were offended/defensive.

So it looks like GC's with a pin work report says...

It also says " not accepting credit from third party's"

Strange

I would have to see all the wording on that. It sounds like not allowing others to load your card.

I feel like a piece of me has died

We will rebuild

Today is a day that will live in empathy

Tiger Direct had a deal today for an 8" tablet that was free after the $70.00 rebate. I had one in my cart and then read the rebate terms. When I clicked back to my cart they were sold out!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 2082 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.