Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Starting Over Again

The last post in this topic was posted 2046 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello to CB world. I have no posted in a very long time. Here is my story previously I had filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy back in 2001. I found this website and learned a lot about credit and how to improve my credit. Last April I received a promotion from work and my family and I moved for that purpose. Well to make a long story short we got in over our head. What was once manageable bills became unmanageable for me. I had too much CC debt and even took a personal loan from a company which I wont name just to move. We did not have any type of savings or anything. In September I filed another Chapter 7 BK just in my name. We ended up moving back home Jan 2015 but were so far behind on our bills (truck and car) which we kept during the BK. Coming back home my wife had a good job but mine went from full time to part time making less money. We all know that is a recipe for disaster. Could not catch my truck up so the bank started the repossession proceedings (which I had reaffirmed) in the previous BK. So 2 weeks ago had to file a CH 13 to protect the truck. I won't get a disposition but hopefully the bank will rewrite their loan to match the BK court. I do still have a couple of positive lines (kay's and jareds) they were 0 balance. But in the bankruptcy I burned so many creditors GE, Barclays just to name a few. Moral of my story is you can go from being ok to being at the bottom in no time. We made mistakes we were not ready to move financially and we knew it, if you ever have to take a loan just to pay for your move (deposits and rent) please think like 5 times about it. My CS has bombed of course. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel about 5000 miles away but it's there. I hope my story will at least give hope to people and make some people aware there are still people out there who make mistakes.

Just received my DCU FICO score today

Dropped 2 points since last month but not sure the CH 13 has taken full effect. But it is reporting on my CR

Edited by jflora80

Hi jflora80 Welcome Back!

I'm starting over myself at a much, much lower income due to a divorce. I have a lot of debt from 2009 and am working on clearing up error in my reports ahead of it all falling off. This is a very helpful place and there is a lot of great advice and encouragement given here. I now have a solid road map to having a nice credit report in 2016. This makes me feel like everything will be alright eventually.

Hang in there things will get better.

Hi jflora80 Welcome Back!

I'm starting over myself at a much, much lower income due to a divorce. I have a lot of debt from 2009 and am working on clearing up error in my reports ahead of it all falling off. This is a very helpful place and there is a lot of great advice and encouragement given here. I now have a solid road map to having a nice credit report in 2016. This makes me feel like everything will be alright eventually.

Hang in there things will get better.

Yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel for just about everyone even people like myself! Great job on getting at it and cleaning it up. Not much for me to clean up as almost everything is IIB.

I'm sorry to hear about this. It's nice to have you back. :)

I regret to report that I never got that air freshener, and I've closed the Bridgestone-Firestone card card. I will have to think of something new to promise you. :D

Better times are ahead. Hang in there.

Glad you came back. Good luck on moving forward.

Thanks!

I regret to report that I never got that air freshener, and I've closed the Bridgestone-Firestone card card. I will have to think of something new to promise you. :D

CV my friend I was hoping you were still around :)

Thanks!

:wave:

Thanks!

How is life treating you?

Thanks!

Hard to complain with all of this strudel.

You'll pick up the latest simplistic shtick-o-the-day in no time. I'm sure the first part made no sense. :lol:

Thanks!

Hard to complain with all of this strudel.

You'll pick up the latest simplistic shtick-o-the-day in no time. I'm sure the first part made no sense. :lol:

lol I missed you :)

The last post in this topic was posted 2046 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.