Capital One Removal from CR

LohaLonnie

The last post in this topic was posted 3132 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Question:

I understand the 7.5 year mark that any “paid as agreed’ account will be removed from your CR. I had a Capital One CR account back in 2008 but I closed the account because there were items on the account that I did on purchase. I called multiple times to have them look into it and was eventually sent a letter that the items purchased were valid. I paid everything off (although $300.00 wasn’t my purchase) and now the account is still showing in my report and has not been removed. Is there some way that I can have this removed to boost my score or should I just let it be? I really don’t want mortgage lenders to see this on my account.

Negative information can only report for 7 years (technically 7.5). After that point the trade line should be reporting as positive and it should be an asset to you.

Positive information reports for up to 10 years, and sometimes longer.

How is it reporting?

• 3 months later...

TU is the only account that I can access right now the back door way. On TU it states that the 60 day later was 5/2009. So if I am correct it will fall of next year? Is there a way to send them a letter to have it removed since its only a year away. It does show a positive TL after 5/2009, however, it is currently in the Adverse Accounts of my TU report.

Also TU is good for consumers to know the estimated time when an account will fall off. This TL does not have that

Sorry for the long response. Working on removing medical accounts. TU is now free from Medical accounts :)

The last post in this topic was posted 3132 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.