How many citi cards can you have?

nryan3716

The last post in this topic was posted 2629 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I just got the Citi AAdvantage platinum card a little over a month ago. I'm interested in adding the citi premier card for the 50,000 point bonus offer. Does anyone know how long I have to wait before applying? I read something on credit karma (from 2010) that you had to wait 30 days or you will be denied. Is this still true?

It's something like 8 or 9 days after the first approval then wait 60 days before applying for a card after the first two. Please don't quote me specifically on that first part. Someone else can chime in.

Either way, if the Citi AA is currently your only Citi card and it's been over 30 days then there's no reason to not go for the Premier if you're ready. Just my opinion...

It's something like 8 or 9 days after the first approval then wait 60 days before applying for a card after the first two. Please don't quote me specifically on that first part. Someone else can chime in.

Either way, if the Citi AA is currently your only Citi card and it's been over 30 days then there's no reason to not go for the Premier if you're ready. Just my opinion...

I've read one approval per day, and no more than two in two months.

Also, OP, don't put much stock into what you read at Credit Karma.

Also, OP, don't put much stock into what you read at Credit Karma.*

* I almost forgot about all of the hilarious negative credit union reviews. You may believe those. :lol:

I get most of my Citi data from Flyertalk, there is years worth of data and while it's not 99% accurate, only death and taxes are. Anyways, if you are looking for a different Citi card like Hilton or Thank You, it's best to wait 8 days after your first application (regardless if it's approved, denied or cancelled). Then no more than two applications within 60 (65 to be safe) days. Again there are always exceptions, but your chances will be better following those rules.

* I almost forgot about all of the hilarious negative credit union reviews. You may believe those. :lol:

The reviews for the Amazon credit cards on Amazon are also pretty funny. Most of the time people have the Store card and complain that Chase charges them too much interest or didn't credit the payment they sent when Chase doesn't even back it. Shame that people don't read terms for cards.

I don't believe they have a maximum number of cards, just a maximum amount of credit they will extend. Someone said they recently got approved for the Premier and Prestige on consecutive days, but I would rather wait than end up with a decline and have to wait another sixty days just to apply again. Unlike Chase, when their computer declines you for that, the underwriters say there's nothing they can do to overturn it.

The reviews for the Amazon credit cards on Amazon are also pretty funny. Most of the time people have the Store card and complain that Chase charges them too much interest or didn't credit the payment they sent when Chase doesn't even back it. Shame that people don't read terms for cards.

I don't believe they have a maximum number of cards, just a maximum amount of credit they will extend. Someone said they recently got approved for the Premier and Prestige on consecutive days, but I would rather wait than end up with a decline and have to wait another sixty days just to apply again. Unlike Chase, when their computer declines you for that, the underwriters say there's nothing they can do to overturn it.

The Amazon credit card reviews are HILARIOUS ! ! ! ! God I worry about the average intelligence level of this country..... :rofl:

The last post in this topic was posted 2629 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.