experience with ms by issuer

mrjuggalo9er

The last post in this topic was posted 2468 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is all the OT posts that happen right off the bat. How about waiting until we are a few pages in?

Sometimes bantering creates talk about the subject. ..the person bantering might be interested in the subject but know little about it

Edited by mrjuggalo9er

I've ran $14K+ charge for VGC's on my Barclays US Air

I've ran $6K+ charge for VGC's on my Chase Ink

I've ran $6K+ charge for VGC's on AMEX PRG and AMEX Biz Pt

I've ran $10K+ charge for VGC's on Cap 1 Spark Cash. This plus a $7K business charge on the first day activating the account led to a lockdown and fairly intensive ID verification process. Never a question about the charges, amounts, business etc...all merely ID verification.

I've ran $5K+ charge for VGC's on Citi AA personal

Only small fish ($1.5K-$2K at a time) for BofA, Disco, Freedom. Maxing out whatever category bonus they had at that time.

I've had problems with BofA, Barclays and Navy at Target. BofA and Navy aren't really good cards for M$, but when you are at Target with 3 Redbirds I just start using anything that gives me anything since my experience using the same card for two separate loads has been dismal so far and I'm not driving to Target 10x's a month for a workaround.

I plan to hit Navy and BofA each for $15K plus on a single charge in the near future, to show "utilization of my current credit line" for future CLI purposes.

Edited by Konrad2012

If not those doing it, nothing is really accomplished

Ban

I knew I could count on you Jeff
How does this nutsack know my name. ..o well

https://twitter.com/mrjuggalo9er

I dunno maybe that

6 years almost of non use I forgot

This is the closest to a Stalker I have ever had its flattering...how does this person still have a creditboards account

By the way, found a good use for Diner$ for M$. I though few months back before they ran out of plastic I was a sucker getting the card since it cant be used as a pry bar. Well, they don't report it and its a great thing, when I want to hide my util I just use that card and rest of the card has 0 bal.

The best part is at Target I get 3 points and no cap on groceries. I dont think any card can do this at Target with 3 points in return.

I just ran $5k few days back and got 15K in miles, I can directly transfer to airlines. And some airlines which aren't participating with them, you can transfer to SPG and get 1.8 miles per 20K miles transfer. Excellent card.

By the way, found a good use for Diner$ for M$. I though few months back before they ran out of plastic I was a sucker getting the card since it cant be used as a pry bar. Well, they don't report it and its a great thing, when I want to hide my util I just use that card and rest of the card has 0 bal.

The best part is at Target I get 3 points and no cap on groceries. I dont think any card can do this at Target with 3 points in return.

I just ran $5k few days back and got 15K in miles, I can directly transfer to airlines. And some airlines which aren't participating with them, you can transfer to SPG and get 1.8 miles per 20K miles transfer. Excellent card.

I wish the non-reporting feature was known before they broke down...I'd love to have a $20K or $30K non-reporting TL.

I wish the non-reporting feature was known before they broke down...I'd love to have a $20K or $30K non-reporting TL.

When I got the card, I felt great with $40K limit, because I was going for pry bar. When I found out not reporting felt like a sucker. But after several months, this card is a blessing, between hiding balances and the best part using at T for M$ and getting 3 airline point for each dollar and no CAP. Not to mention I am able to get into airline lounges for free and recovering my AF of $300 with free drinks. :clapping:

You might be the last one alive with that card. Everyone I know is dead. DC were not a fan of my Target shopping habits. Not. At. All. My guess is you are alive because you are staying at 5k per month or below? I stayed alive as long as I did that. I didn't think it was really worth it at that level with the annual fee so I ramped up because I either wanted to make all my purchases at Target with that card or get my $300 annual fee back. I got my annual fee back. They weren't who I thought they were, and I wasn't who they thought I was. We nodded at each other and went our separate ways.

When I got the card, I felt great with $40K limit, because I was going for pry bar. When I found out not reporting felt like a sucker. But after several months, this card is a blessing, between hiding balances and the best part using at T for M$ and getting 3 airline point for each dollar and no CAP. Not to mention I am able to get into airline lounges for free and recovering my AF of $300 with free drinks. :clapping:

A prybar is great. The way you are using it is better IMHO :good:

Curious - why would you guys use Navy Flagship for M$ ? briefly looked at where I can redeem points and nothing seems of value... though I probably did miss alot and I had tunnel vision for Amazon ;)

CapOne Spark$ - they gave me a small line of $5k and I cycled through it in a week: called and did some extensive ID verification as well...

Chase Ink +- same with the small $5k and cycled once in the first week: FA and extensive ID ver... I did get them to put a hard note on the account about my Staples spends.. I put $3k last night on it and not a peep from them!

AMEX Plat/Biz Plat/PRG/SPG - I got an FR ;) First AMEXes ever and I finished 10k for Biz Plat, 5k for Plat, PRG, and SPG, all inside 2 months... they weren't happy... so they put limits on my cards. BUT! I got D* to '99 hooah!

Citi Prestige/AA Exec - nothing... but I do call ahead for my "big purchases"

Fidelity AMEX - I haven't passed $5k on it yet since I've been working on the other cards but one $3k purchase on the first week owning it didn't seem to spook them.

I haven't touched my Flagship.... unless it transfers me points to Amazon... I do want to raise my CLI at some point though, they gave me $17k to start.. when's a good time to ask?

I ran Navy just to meet the $1500 min spend. I only had a couple days to do it and my Spark before I left the country. I definitely don't view Navy products as M$ material...both from a Rewards standpoint and that they're Navy and anal.

I will run Navy once or twice just for utilization. I want to get that card to $50K Oct 1st.

I ran Navy just to meet the $1500 min spend. I only had a couple days to do it and my Spark before I left the country. I definitely don't view Navy products as M$ material...both from a Rewards standpoint and that they're Navy and anal.

I will run Navy once or twice just for utilization. I want to get that card to $50K Oct 1st.

I have no shame anything 1.5 or higher is open game

I've had problems with BofA, Barclays and Navy at Target. BofA and Navy aren't really good cards for M$, but when you are at Target with 3 Redbirds I just start using anything that gives me anything since my experience using the same card for two separate loads has been dismal so far and I'm not driving to Target 10x's a month for a workaround.

What were the problems?

What were the problems?

BOA has been gun shy with Target purchases since the breach.

ah yeah - that's my goal too... although the chap in the branch told me it maxes out at $80k.... hmmmm ;)

Should I be running it up to the limit and PIF every month for better results on a CLI ?

I don't have the Flagship. I have a no AF / lower APR GoRewards. When it hits $50K I'll PC to a Flagship for the next level. No need to pay an AF until its ready to exceed $50K

The last post in this topic was posted 2468 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.