Credit Union - Best Mortage Rates

The last post in this topic was posted 2407 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

No I'm genuinely curious, I was considering going through navy for a mortgage :/

Oh, ok. :lol:

I had a terrible time with a couple of CUs on our purchase last year, which was a follow-up to horrible CU experiences with refis on our other house in prior years.

When I told our agent on our recent purchase about the challenges we were having, he looked at me like I was from outer space and said, "On a purchase, never do a mortgage with someone who doesn't have a commission riding on it."

I can share details of the challenges in public, and I'm happy to name names via PM.

I was very happy with the mortgage company we chose, which was a referral from another happy CBer.

Edited by cv91915

Same here.. I tried Mortgage with Alliant Credit Union and it was not pleasant. So I went with a broker, who has offices all over the country and it was painless. closed without a hitch and infact he reached out to me 2 months ago about Mortgage Refi and that was completed with no issues either. Go with a broker who gets a commission, not with some one who is paid yearly and does not care to close your house on time.

No I'm genuinely curious, I was considering going through navy for a mortgage :/

I had a terrible time with a couple of CUs on our purchase last year, which was a follow-up to horrible CU experiences with refis on our other house in prior years.

When I told our agent on our recent purchase about the challenges we were having, he looked at me like I was from outer space and said, "On a purchase, never do a mortgage with someone who doesn't have a commission riding on it."

I can share details of the challenges in public, and I'm happy to name names via PM.

I was very happy with the mortgage company we chose, which was a referral from another happy CBer.

I would like to know who you recommend. Can you please send me a PM? Thank you!

I would like to know who you recommend. Can you please send me a PM? Thank you!

Check your PMs. I may need a mortgage broker license. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great experience with NFCU if you could get in with them. Process was smooth and painless and with better rate than any broker could get. Only pulled during qualifying they didn't even SP at closing. Best part of CU is obviously the lower rates but also if it's a portfolio loan (NFCU) the loans won't be sold off which was important to me.

My local CU had a no-fee offer I used to refinance a year ago. They gave me the best rates even though my scores weye mid 600's. At the time, getting a 3.5% 15 year refinance at no cost was amazing. All I did was ask if I could get the better rates even though my score only justified a 4.75% rate according to there charts, and they made the exception. They waived the appraisal fee too. It really was no cost. They have another offer now for $799 flat fee and lower interest rate. It might be worth your time to look for offers like this locally. They limit the amount of loans, and it was only available for about a month last time.

The last post in this topic was posted 2407 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.