the real way to get a bk deleted early

The last post in this topic was posted 1951 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

When has anyone ever recommended doing any dispute online aside from name and address? I'm still trying to lock up LN, so I haven't dealt with my BK yet, but mine is going to be done through the mail - in crayon if need be.

So you actually want a human to read your BK dispute?

Another perspective is that you might benefit from an online dispute, where the computer tries to verify your BK automatically with LN.

And when LN returns no results, the BK is deleted.

+1

+1000

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I received three separate letters from LN dated 4/13/15. One explains options. One confirms my security freeze and one confirms my opt-out status.

Letter 1. Just a letter that advises of your rights with ID theft. Advises "you have the right to opt-out ... of our databases that feed our public facing products, KnowX and Accruint."

"In addition ....you may also have the ability to request that a security freeze be placed on your file ...."

Letter 2. Results of Investigation - Security Freeze Confirmation. This includes an 8 digit bolded PIN number. "Thank you for your request to freeze your RiskView file as provided by state law. This letter will confirm a freeze is now in effect." (No charge for freeze). "The security freeze will prevent LN from releasing your RiskView file without your express authorization. This may .... delay ... subsequent timely approval for credit.

Letter 3. A separate letter confirming opt out. "IRIS" Individual request for information suppression." "LN has taken appropriate action to suppress your personal information.....Your information will be suppressed from the LN public records database that feeds many LN products, including PeopleWise and KnowX.

So there is a difference between freeze and opt out and I got both. Letter 2 is the freeze with PIN. Letter 3 is the confirmation of opt out.

I logged into all three CRA's and disputed my BK.

Wish me luck. I will report back with initial results. I will also report back if I experience BK-R* immediately or in the future. To those who have warned of unintended consequences, I appreciate that and am willing to take my chances. I really see no down side risk. It is possible that later accounts opened could be shut down should the BK-R*.

Thanks Juggs for the information and more importantly for the moral support. I would not have had the guts to do this without you. I'm not too worried either way. I feel like I have given it my best shot -- with your kind help and swift kick in the butt.

Yes, the first letter that explains opt-out is all in paragraph numbered 1. "You have the option to opt-out our direct marketing databases and out of the databases that feed our public facing products, KnowX and Accruint." It goes on to say that opt-out requires some documentation.

Paragraph #2 of letter #1 describes accessing your file/file disclosure.

Paragraph #3 of letter #1 describes security freezes.

Yes, the first letter that explains opt-out is all in paragraph numbered 1. "You have the option to opt-out our direct marketing databases and out of the databases that feed our public facing products, KnowX and Accruint." It goes on to say that opt-out requires some documentation.

Paragraph #2 of letter #1 describes accessing your file/file disclosure.

Paragraph #3 of letter #1 describes security freezes.

I'm talking about letter #3. LN is sly, so I was wondering why they wouldn't put Accu* in with PeopleWise and KnowX or if you just didn't list Accu*. When I contacted them they sent me an email saying that I needed to upload documentation to opt out of Accu* or I could opt out of peoplewise if I didn't qualify.

Letter 3. A separate letter confirming opt out. "IRIS" Individual request for information suppression." "LN has taken appropriate action to suppress your personal information.....Your information will be suppressed from the LN public records database that feeds many LN products, including PeopleWise and KnowX.

I am in a state where freezing is the law. Has anyone been able to confirm whether you need to "opt-out" AND freeze? Is a freeze "stronger" than opting out, somehow?

Not all products can be frozen. Btw, I am also in a state where freezing is the law... LN still said I could not freeze despite my state's statute being identical to the Maine statute on freezing. LN recognizes Maine resident's right to freeze, so go figure.

For those using the Anthem breach to freeze, did you have to supply anything to them to have it frozen? Also have things are deleted from cRA can you unfreeze for identity purposes? Still have a small judgement on Experian that needs to come off.

I called to freeze mine. I just told her I was calling to freeze my data and she did it for me and said I'd get a letter with a pin in the mail. Never said any reason why I wanted to freeze, so at the end of the call she asked me if there was anything else she could help me with. I just threw in the "No, I just wanted to call to get it freezed because of the Anthem security breach" and she didn't add anything and just said thanks and bye.

I am in a state where freezing is the law. Has anyone been able to confirm whether you need to "opt-out" AND freeze? Is a freeze "stronger" than opting out, somehow?

Yes I am wanting to know this too. Will freezing still allow the judgement to come off experian if anyone has experience

Yes I am wanting to know this too. Will freezing still allow the judgement to come off experian if anyone has experience
Judgement was deleted in my wives case

Fantastic thx! I wasn't sure if you must opt out to get it deleted

My wife simply froze hers. ..confusion beaten the two in my experience results are similar

My wife simply froze hers. ..confusion beaten the two in my experience results are similar

Awesome. Freezing seems much easier

So I got my letter from LN. An individual request for information suppression (IRIS)has been place my personal information which will keep it from being shared via PeopleWise and KnowX but not other products such as those used by law enforcement, 3rd parties through real time gateways, news and legal documents, insurance products governed FCRA and mortgage products MARI and MIDEX.

Has anyone else received a letter like this? I'm wondering if this is sufficient or if I need to contact LN again.

So I got my letter from LN. An individual request for information suppression (IRIS)has been place my personal information which will keep it from being shared via PeopleWise and KnowX but not other products such as those used by law enforcement, 3rd parties through real time gateways, news and legal documents, insurance products governed FCRA and mortgage products MARI and MIDEX.

Has anyone else received a letter like this? I'm wondering if this is sufficient or if I need to contact LN again.

I would think not

I would think not

Ok, I will call them. The letter also states that I can add an ID Theft Block that migh require additional documentation.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't that depend on what you mean "sufficient" for? i.e., Which "file" of theirs are public records listed under? Isn't it AccurInt? (Or is Banko separate from that too?)

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't that depend on what you mean "sufficient" for? i.e., Which "file" of theirs are public records listed under? Isn't it AccurInt? (Or is Banko separate from that too?)

This is my question as well. I think it''s Accurint but I'm not sure.

This is my question as well. I think it''s Accurint but I'm not sure.

Did they issue you a pin?

The last post in this topic was posted 1951 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.