Too Many Inquiries

saintj

The last post in this topic was posted 2180 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as funny as Wrap Arounds but a classic op freak out, mostly on CV:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=535471&hl=nordstrom&page=2

It all started with Rock Revival Jeans and goes downhill from there! :lol:

That thread got me to app for a Nordstrom card last year. :angel:

Funny how things work that way. Whatever it takes, love my Nordstrom card...

I wasn't on the OP's fan list either. :angel: I'm sure it pissed him off that he got $1K and they gave me $5K, and my card is now a Visa Signature. :D

My first CLI request is coming up on that card next month.

Not as funny as Wrap Arounds but a classic op freak out, mostly on CV:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=535471&hl=nordstrom&page=2

It all started with Rock Revival Jeans and goes downhill from there! :lol:

That thread got me to app for a Nordstrom card last year. :angel:

Funny how things work that way. Whatever it takes, love my Nordstrom card...

I wasn't on the OP's fan list either. :angel: I'm sure it pissed him off that he got $1K and they gave me $5K, and my card is now a Visa Signature. :D

My first CLI request is coming up on that card next month.

Minnie and I got our Nordstrom cards after reading this one too. :lol: The OP continued his rant all weekend if I recall, moving on to the Banter thread to voice his outrage at CV and other thread "thrashers". Edited by Losluv

I still don't have a Nord card and I don't plan on getting one anytime in the near future.

I love mine. :P
Since you love Store cards Sooo much, I found this really neat trick.... :rofl:

:warning::lol:

I'm done with store cards. At least my Nordstrom card is the Visa. I also have Lowe's for the 5% discount and Walmart.

I still don't have a Nord card and I don't plan on getting one anytime in the near future.

I love mine. :P
Since you love Store cards Sooo much, I found this really neat trick.... :rofl:
:warning::lol:

I'm done with store cards. At least my Nordstrom card is the Visa. I also have Lowe's for the 5% discount and Walmart.

Lowes gives veterans 10% off if you happen to know one

My experience lately is major credit cards don't care much about inquiries, but small credit unions are sensitive about EVERYTHING. Like 10 inquiries (none in the last six months) and "too much available credit" (a little more than double my income) put me 0-for-3 going after PLOCs. 800+ credit score was basically worthless once they took a good look at the report. I do suspect they were more skittish about the available credit, but they all cited both and saw the inquires as a red flag of a pattern of trying to generate even more available credit.

Edited by mattun

My experience lately is major credit cards don't care much about inquiries, but small credit unions are sensitive about EVERYTHING. Like 10 inquiries (none in the last six months) and "too much available credit" (a little more than double my income) put me 0-for-3 going after PLOCs. 800+ credit score was basically worthless once they took a good look at the report. I do suspect they were more skittish about the available credit, but they all cited both and saw the inquires as a red flag of a pattern of trying to generate even more available credit.

Well, I've not had any CU remark about inquiries. And I had quite a few when I was on a joining frenzy a few years back. But if I did happen upon a CU that decided it was a topic of conversation after applying with them, then I'd rather not be part of that CU.

Available credit is not debt...

Available credit is not debt...

But a lot of credit unions are concerned it's potential debt as I've found the past couple years. Beware. Working at the same job for 15 years and living at the same house for 10 without a single negative item on my report other than too many inquires wasn't enough to convince them they hadn't sniffed out my master plan to buy $250,000 in lottery tickets and flee the country if I lose.

For some issuers to many inquires will get you an auto denied. Citi is one that come to mind.

It's irrelevant when someone has a bad report...

Having a 500 Fico and 0 inquries will also get you an instant decline.

True, was just giving a data point in case someone thought they could get approved with say 10 inquires with Citi.

Actually, I got auto approved by Citi with more inquiries than that just the other day.

Just for another data point here....I got approved for another Citi card with yet another inquiry on the same report that already had over 10 INQs (most of which are from the last 6 months). And I even had to call in -- I didn't get a 7 to 10 day msg, just a message that I had to call in for an immediate decision. I got asked a couple of questions....mostly about the weather. Come to think of it, I think that was all I answered...and it was approved no problemo.

I didn't believe 'em at first, either....but these guys ain't lyin'. "Too many" inquiries is never the real reason. And let me be clear: I'm not on anyone's "team". I don't "back" anyone here for the sake of feeling like I'm "down" with them. I don't come here to sing cumbaya and love everyone and I recognize that there will be agreements and disagreements and personalities I like and dislike....and all of that has nothing to do with why I come here. I come here to get expertise from people who know more than I do and to share what I can with the (small number of) people who know less than I do. And there is no arguing that I have yet to receive a single, solitary bad piece of advice or intelligence from the regulars here. These people have tried and discovered things and been kind enough to share them so I can know more than they did when they were at the point I'm at now, and I appreciate that.

I'm sure there comes a point where the number of INQs could be a problem. I'm sure that 7,492 inquiries is probably too many. But 5 or 10 or 15 isn't going to be the reason you didn't get something. Maybe it's the number of new accounts or the AAOA or your payment history with that issuer or blah blah blah -- but there's something else. Anywho....

Yeah, that's true.

I would have thought that asking for credit and lenders finding you not worthy would be worse.

Oh well.

An inquiry that doesn't result in an account doesn't say anything to anyone. I have four inquires from four different lenders from my last mortgage shopping episode. I qualified easily with all four of them.

The inquires show up before the next accounts. So obviously they do matter. That was kind of the point of the old App-o-ramma, to get as many applications in before they reported. Now they report almost instantly, so the AoR has become more or less obsolete.

Now they report almost instantly,

Not quite right. inquiries have always reported to your credit file(s) instantly.

And still do.

Mattun is speaking out of turn about how trade lines report. He's incorrect about old-school runs - most trade lines don't report in 12 hours.

Old-school runs are still the preferred method.

• Admin

Not quite right. inquiries have always reported to your credit file(s) instantly.

And still do.

Mattun is speaking out of turn about how trade lines report. He's incorrect about old-school runs - most trade lines don't report in 12 hours.

uber............... I see you've learned the velvet touch. Thank you.

And still do.

uber............... I see you've learned the velvet touch. Thank you.

And he didn't even have to make any edits to get a velvety final draft. :o

I'm so proud. :cry2::wub:

The last post in this topic was posted 2180 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.