Low limits ....

The last post in this topic was posted 2418 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I start off all my posts the same... I thank all the members of CB .. Without this board I would still have NO credit, or know how to build , acquire , or properly maintain it.

Since joining I've removed collections , student loans , charge offs, medical collections & a judgement.

So again , THANKS!

I don't have my FICO.. But my FAKOS are 646-TU , 646- EXP, & 679-EQ

My Utlization is aways under 10%, & I have only 1 late payment ..from April of last year that I've been good willing for a while to try & get BOA to remove. (An accident on a Disney vacation caused me to stay longer then planned & with the craziness I honestly forgot)

I have a secured BOA visa since 2011 for $600

( they refuse to unsecure & everytime I ask my credit gets pulled 3-4 times within days of each other..- needless to say - unless they offer - I'm not asking )

I have JCrew & Avenue (shopping cart trick) both with $400 limits that I rarely use because I don't shop at those stores (newbie mistake)

A JB Robinson jewlery store card with a $400 limit that I used when I 1st got the card in 2013 & paid off

$300 capital 1 master card from feb 2015 (They said I have to have the card at least 3 months to ask for an increase ) I tried the back doof number after approval & they said get same..

& then today I was applied for a navy federal visa that I recidved a promo code for in the mail & was approved for $500. I immediately asked for a reconsideration & was told I have to wait for the card to be generated on my account then ask for an Increse which might require another credit pull.

I've read here on the board that "higher limits begets higher limits" & a user opened a secured card with a large deposit before app'ing for unsecured cards...I despose BOA & would hate to have to resort to giving them more of my money .. But if it's my only option then I will.

I have a large amount of money saved which I was thinking of doing the navy federal 1-2 punch with..

Any thoughts ? Advice?

The recent late payment is def holding you back. What other derogs you have on your reports? Your scores are pretty low for only having 1 30 day late from 12 months ago.

With your BofA card they likely won't unsecure because of the late payment which was with them. With the savings why not try to up that limit or open another secured card with a higher limit?

After a couple years distance from the late pay you may start getting better luck.

Have you tried Barclays yet? I imagine you may get over 1,000-1500. Maybe apply next month (12 full months from late payment)

No I've never tried Barclays.

The late with BOA was in April of 2014 - after any attempts I made to graduate - I stopped asking in Feb 2014.

On TU & EXP I have a storage collection held by Independent Resource Services for $860 from 2011. They refuse to PFD, so I was going to let it age off. My thinking is what's the point because a paid collection is just as bad..

Equifax has no derogs beside the late from BOA.

With the Navy Fed Cash rewards I'll have a total of 6 cards. The new secured card may be my only option. Or the loan with Navy Fed..

I believe all my HP's are 5 & less , I have to double check.

My Utlization is aways under 10%, & I have only 1 late payment ..from April of last year that I've been good willing for a while to try & get BOA to remove. (An accident on a Disney vacation caused me to stay longer then planned & with the craziness I honestly forgot

Get copies of everything that has to do with that accident and those circumstances. Put some packets together and start mailing them to everyone you can find at BofA that has a corporate title. It might or might not work, but who cares if you waste a little time and postage.

Even if they do take the late off your reports, they will still remember it internally so you might have to kiss off BofA for the foreseeable future.

Don't even bother applying for anything else until that late is over a year old.

I'm with Konrad on the BofA thing. I'd get every related corporate address for BofA and fire off a really good goodwill with proof of the situation if possible.

Now to the collection were all ignoring... Is it in SOL for you? Have you sent a DV ? Tried a 1-2?

I can tell you that Cap1 will play nice with you over time to help raise limits....

Maybe try lowes or Walamrt? Sams club MC... All Sync accounts and Sync is nice witha lot of us for a good CLI Recon upon approval...

No I've never tried Barclays.

The late with BOA was in April of 2014 - after any attempts I made to graduate - I stopped asking in Feb 2014.

On TU & EXP I have a storage collection held by Independent Resource Services for $860 from 2011. They refuse to PFD, so I was going to let it age off. My thinking is what's the point because a paid collection is just as bad..

Equifax has no derogs beside the late from BOA.

With the Navy Fed Cash rewards I'll have a total of 6 cards. The new secured card may be my only option. Or the loan with Navy Fed..

I believe all my HP's are 5 & less , I have to double check.

Did they auction the storage unit for not paying and mail a balance deficiency after? If not that's an easy removal

The last post in this topic was posted 2418 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.