Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

for those that ms

The last post in this topic was posted 1879 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I long for the day that Rorer posts a gif or pony or pretty much any image that shows he has a soul. :rofl:

Until then...stone cold.

All MSers sold there soul a long time ago.

So I was at Target yesterday and there was this couple in front of me at the register, taking longer than usual and they had a manager come over and the lady was using multiple cards then explaining on getting credit for this and that. After they left the clerk complained to me how they were gift card scammers and they rack up unlimited points or credit but don't really pay for it. I asked if it was legit and he said technically yes but gaming the system.

Is this sort of like that or a totally different thing ?

Technically it's not illegal. People are using it for points and miles to take trips, not to fund something illegal.

That sounds like a case of "Hater-syndrome". None of that persons business. They should've added 7 more miles to their card buying that clerk a laxative.

So I was at Target yesterday and there was this couple in front of me at the register, taking longer than usual and they had a manager come over and the lady was using multiple cards then explaining on getting credit for this and that. After they left the clerk complained to me how they were gift card scammers and they rack up unlimited points or credit but don't really pay for it. I asked if it was legit and he said technically yes but gaming the system.

Is this sort of like that or a totally different thing ?

Technically it's not illegal. People are using it for points and miles to take trips, not to fund something illegal.

That sounds like a case of "Hater-syndrome". None of that persons business. They should've added 7 more miles to their card buying that clerk a laxative.

What they were doing was legit (albeit, misunderstood by the clerk) - but they were doing it badly. See this post.

Ordered my Serve card.

Waiting for Venture to come and going to test it out.

Think I'll start with $1k in VGC (not Vanilla) and try loading it at Walmart and see what happens.

Big thanks to mendie for clearing up how Serve works.

Ordered my Serve card.

Think I'll start with $1k in VGC (not Vanilla) and try loading it at Walmart and see what happens.

I'm more paranoid than others, but I always put at least 1-2 small purchases on a new card before doing something like that. :good:

Just a ?.... As I have been reading CB for over 5.5 hrs, lol.... I am finally ready to pull trigger on M$.... And since 4/16 is the cut off date for non Amex CC loads, do I have enough time to open a Serve account and load $500/day for 3 days in a row via Softcard? Or must I wait for a physical card too? Sorry if this is an obvious question, it's 2:35 AM in California, lol....passed my bed time! Thanks for all your help!

Ordered my Serve card.

I'm more paranoid than others, but I always put at least 1-2 small purchases on a new card before doing something like that. :good:

I try to always by a beer or other alcohol with the initial card purchase.

I deviated from SOP with my Cap One Spark and ran $10K and $7K for the initial 2 charges. My account got locked. :)

Just a ?.... As I have been reading CB for over 5.5 hrs, lol.... I am finally ready to pull trigger on M$.... And since 4/16 is the cut off date for non Amex CC loads, do I have enough time to open a Serve account and load $500/day for 3 days in a row via Softcard? Or must I wait for a physical card too? Sorry if this is an obvious question, it's 2:35 AM in California, lol....passed my bed time! Thanks for all your help!

Softcard no longer exists as of last month so this would not be an option. There is no Softcard version of the Serve now.

What are the benefits of Serve?

Compared to Redbird or in general?

You can pay bills from serve.com

You can send checks to individuals.

You used to be able to load with a CC online. (After 4/16 this won't be allowed for non AmEx cards)

You can load with GC's (YMMV)

Redbird is better imo, but it has more reported glitches.

Serve is great because you can load up to $1,000 a month with a credit card. Now, it must be a Amex.

But is is useful because you can do a lot with it. Pay bills, use it as a debit card(sort of. No pin transactions).

It is like an online bank account. I signed up for it and I think it is useful, even outside of MS purposes.

If Amex backs Serve, and you can (encouraged even) load Serve with Amex CCs, I'm guessing there is no reason to worry about using Amex CCs to load Redbird, right?

On this board people would say you are wrong. On other boards people say its ok in moderation.

Personally I'm not going to risk it.

Edited by pwd847

Load Serve with a non-Amex issued card on the Amex network like the Fidelity Amex.

Load VGCs at a Walmart MC ATM.

Edited by mendelssohn

Load Serve with a non-Amex issued card on the Amex network like the Fidelity Amex.

I thought you could also load VGC's at the register.

You can, but many Walmart managers have told employees not to load from cards that don't have a name on them. YMMV

I stick with the ATM because it removes the person from the transaction.

You can, but many Walmart managers have told employees not to load from cards that don't have a name on them. YMMV

Interesting.

I know my Walmart has a money center, just don't know if it has an ATM.

I'll have to check it out later before I do anything drastic.

Interesting.

Never buy more VGCs than you can live with holding for a while. The W MC ATMs are known to be broken for periods of time.

Interesting.

Never buy more VGCs than you can live with holding for a while. The W MC ATMs are known to be broken for periods of time.

cles-images-whats-new-microsoft-word-201

The last post in this topic was posted 1879 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.