Sign in to follow this  
twyla411

How to remove foreclosures from credit reports

Easily...the passage of at least seven years of time.

If you mean, how do you remove legitimate foreclosures off of your credit report, there is no way to remove legitimate foreclosures. Yes, you can spend time and money listenning to snake oil charmers tell you how they juke the system and get this stuff removed all the time but if the data is legitimate, there is no way to remove it. That said, if you dispute it and the creditor fails to respond within the allotted timeframe, it's gone so, I suppose you could dispute it and see if they are asleep but if that's all you got, i'd wait.

This post is from a few months back but I thought it still worth revisiting.

There has been recent activity with B.O.A loans at which the company has agreed to remove negative info from a lot of accounts.

Never believe for one minute you have to wait 7 years for an account to fall off.... The whole premise of Credit boards is that "Deletions can Happen"

Been thinking about this from time to time because I will be in hopes of deletion in the future.

I have come up with a few possible steps that may give the greatest chance of success

As we all know "Delete old address's"

AS hard as it may be "Dispute the old lenders that have sold your loan" ( even though they may be reporting positive I think these are not gonna help)

The tough part comes because all foreclosures are part of the Real estate recorded info, Which is public info and can be gotten online easily

This is the start I have come up with I hope others give it a shot and please feel free to chime in any thoughts or successes you may have

I need to add an important note::: Disputing and getting deletions of the positive trade lines associated with the home loan if it was sold may actually gain traction in disputing old address's if you choose to keep re attempting that step..

Edited by fixitandforgetit

This post is from a few months back but I thought it still worth revisiting.

There has been recent activity with B.O.A loans at which the company has agreed to remove negative info from a lot of accounts.

Never believe for one minute you have to wait 7 years for an account to fall off.... The whole premise of Credit boards is that "Deletions can Happen"

Where are you seeing this? I have 2 6+ year old BOA mortgages on my wife's with late pays that I would LOVE to get off...

I guess I'm curious as to why it's a big deal to have these removed from the credit report - is that to bring the scores higher? Because even if you get them removed, you still have to disclose them if you are trying for another mortgage or a credit application asks about foreclosures - right? Our foreclosure was recent, but the mortgage was iib 10 years ago, and the mortgage fell off our reports at 7 years, but since the foreclosure was recent, we thought we would see a new entry, and they have not posted anything to our credit reports. But, everyone says, we still have to disclose that we had a foreclosure if we are asked. I'm just wondering if this has changed?

Doodlebugger no that hasn't changed and for any large purchases it will be found same as if a BK is deleted. Deleted doesn't mean you don't have to disclose when asked.

Doodlebugger no that hasn't changed and for any large purchases it will be found same as if a BK is deleted. Deleted doesn't mean you don't have to disclose when asked.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. So, is the purpose of removing these to increase your credit score?

Edited by doodlebugger

I happened to have had luck disputing foreclosure and got deletions from equifax and experian. Deletion helps with scores and it helps with credit approvals IMO and it does look that bad. I really dont care if it still remainspublic i am not going to buy another house for another 2 years.Immediate clean report is what matters to me right now

Sketch,

I am of the same mind. I wanna get foreclosures deleted from my reports. I keep running into the same thought that says I have to let them age. I could do that because they fall off next year(9-17) but I wanted to try to remove them if I could. How did you approach this process?

I have a foclosure from 2014

ex wife stopped paying after house was awarded and I signed over deed. and my divorce decree even says Im not financially responsible

what can I do to get this GONE!!

I have a foclosure from 2014

ex wife stopped paying after house was awarded and I signed over deed. and my divorce decree even says Im not financially responsible

what can I do to get this GONE!!

You can't. If you read on here you'll find that mortgage company don't give a rat's a$$ about any divorce decrees. NEVER EVER sign over a deed without a refinance. NEVER. You should have taken XW back to court to enforce the decree, though if XW declared BK you're rooked.