virtualtreasure

Discover luv button fixed: Your credit line has been increased.

Where exactly is the luv button, I had to call customer service to request an increase because I didn't see online the "luv button".

Main Menu -> Account -> Credit Options -> Credit Line Increase

My TU went up 39 points and they will soft me again before the next attempt. I'm hoping that makes a difference.

I don't think it makes too much of a difference on the CLI they give you based on your scores...

He's suggesting that maybe the internal limit will increase when that sp is reviewed.

My TU went up 39 points and they will soft me again before the next attempt. I'm hoping that makes a difference.

I don't think it makes too much of a difference on the CLI they give you based on your scores...

He's suggesting that maybe the internal limit will increase when that sp is reviewed.

Exactly. Dropping 20 major derogatory tradelines is a big change in reports and score. I'm not talking about tweaking utilization.

Right, I get that.

If so, it will be interesting to see what changes on your report cause them to increase your internal limit.

IIRC, mendel just went from 90+ lates (student loans) to now only 30/60 lates and otherwise clean on TU.

I went from "Serious Delinquency + CA/PR" to just "Serious Delinquency" -- and my CLIs remained the same. (All negs are 5+ years old.)

mendel, please let us know on your next 16-day CLI.

Right, I get that.

If so, it will be interesting to see what changes on your report cause them to increase your internal limit.

IIRC, mendel just went from 90+ lates (student loans) to now only 30/60 lates and otherwise clean on TU.

I went from "Serious Delinquency + CA/PR" to just "Serious Delinquency" -- and my CLIs remained the same. (All negs are 5+ years old.)

My report went from quite a few serious delinquencies to being free of serious delinquencies. There are some old 30/60 day lates that will hold my score down until gone, but those are not consudered serious delinquencies.

Right, I get that.

My report went from quite a few serious delinquencies to being free of serious delinquencies. There are some old 30/60 day lates that will hold my score down until gone, but those are not consudered serious delinquencies.

Right - so your situation is a great test case.

I hope they bump you up more than $1000 next time. :grin:

However, there are some people here with perfectly clean reports still getting $1000 CLIs -- so who knows how Discover really operates? :dntknw:

my last one put me at $19,500. guess we'll see if I get asked for employment verification on the next one. I got the Slate and Discover on the same day 3 years ago this month. Opening CL on both... $4k. Today Slate is $4.6k and Discover is $19.5k. Also, my highest balance with Discover was $2600. It's been zero since January. Increases have been $2.5k four times in a row.

Were you carrying a balance prior to January, and for how long?

Seems like PIFer's - $1000/1500 cli's

Occasional bal. carriers - $2500 'ish cli's

Repeated bal. carriers (like me) - $3500/4000 cli's

Anyone, NOT fit this pattern?

Am looking forward to Mendels results next go round also :good:

my last one put me at $19,500. guess we'll see if I get asked for employment verification on the next one. I got the Slate and Discover on the same day 3 years ago this month. Opening CL on both... $4k. Today Slate is $4.6k and Discover is $19.5k. Also, my highest balance with Discover was $2600. It's been zero since January. Increases have been $2.5k four times in a row.

Were you carrying a balance prior to January, and for how long?

Seems like PIFer's - $1000/1500 cli's

Occasional bal. carriers - $2500 'ish cli's

Repeated bal. carriers (like me) - $3500/4000 cli's

Anyone, NOT fit this pattern?

Am looking forward to Mendels results next go round also :good:

This would suggest a balance threshold. Find that threshold and you'll max out your internal limit very quickly, assuming there is an internal limit.

Edited by ubercat

3/1 $3k increase

4/6 $3k increase

5/9 $1k increase

6/10 got the 2 day message. Logged in tonight +$1,000 CLI

New CL of $9,500

This four consecutive months in a row.

3/1 $3k increase

4/6 $3k increase

5/9 $1k increase

6/10 got the 2 day message. Logged in tonight +$1,000 CLI

New CL of $9,500

This four consecutive months in a row.

You're missing out on more frequent CLIs.

Is the system unavailable right now? I'm getting a "We are experiencing technical difficulties" error page when I try. It's Midnight Central Time Friday night/Saturday morning.

Edited by Baddies4Breakfast

Is the system unavailable right now? I'm getting a "We are experiencing technical difficulties" error page when I try. It's Midnight Central Time Friday night/Saturday morning.

They Discovered the cli software glitch and are correcting it NOW :cry2:

I hope it's just some overnight maintenance. I searched this thread and some other people got the "technical difficulties" page around midnight too.

Edit: YEP! Nothing to worry about folks. I logged in again, noticed another charge had posted compared to 15 minutes ago (meaning that overnight processing had completed), did NOT get the error page.

Proceeded and got a $1500 CLI!

+$1500 to $8000 (17 days)

+$1500 to $9500 (17 days)

+$1500 to $11,000 (17 days)

Edited by Baddies4Breakfast

I hope it's just some overnight maintenance. I searched this thread and some other people got the "technical difficulties" page around midnight too.

I was pulling your leg

Sorry, couldn't resist

FYI, I hit the CLI button last week, Not instant, then when I logged back in a day later my CL had increased from 11k to 15k. But then there was a red alert saying "this account is no longer active" at the top of the webpage. I called Discover and said I never asked to close my account, they said they would have to investigate. 2 days later they called me and said it was a system error and they re-opened my account.

Someone must have done a manual review and either someone closed it after granting the CLI or there was a system glitch and their computer systems closed my account after the CLI was approved. LOL, either way I'm glad the CLI was approved and now the account is open in good standing.

I guess stranger things have happened before? But this was a 1st for me.

Okay guys & gals, not a good sign. Today is day 16 since my last increase so, I went ahead and did the cli request online like I always do and I got the congratulations you will receive a $1000 increase right away but, when I went to refresh the page it didn't update so, I waited a while and logged back in and still no increase showing so, I called in and explained that I got the congratulations message for the increase but, they said it must have been a system error and that I just got an increase on May 28th so, what do you all think ? Should I try it again tomorrow or do you think Discover has caught on to the cli thing ? The guy did say that I don't use anywhere near my credit limit and I told him I'd like to transfer a balance from another card but, there are no BT offers with Discover at this time. He seemed to indicate that they want heavy usage on it which I won't do. I use maybe $200.00 per month and PIF. So, should I try again tomorrow or later today, what do you all think ?

Edited by GreatHornedOwl65

Okay guys & gals, not a good sign. Today is day 16 since my last increase so, I went ahead and did the cli request online like I always do and I got the congratulations you will receive a $1000 increase right away but, when I went to refresh the page it didn't update so, I waited a while and logged back in and still no increase showing so, I called in and explained that I got the congratulations message for the increase but, they said it must have been a system error and that I just got an increase on May 28th so, what do you all think ? Should I try it again tomorrow or do you think Discover has caught on to the cli thing ? The guy did say that I don't use anywhere near my credit limit and I told him I'd like to transfer a balance from another card but, there are no BT offers with Discover at this time. He seemed to indicate that they want heavy usage on it which I won't do. I use maybe $200.00 per month and PIF. So, should I try again tomorrow or later today, what do you all think ?

STOP calling Discover!!!

Wait til Monday, and try again. We won't know anything until others report back with similar results.

STOP calling Discover!!!

Wait til Monday, and try again. We won't know anything until others report back with similar results.

Thanks. I won't make the mistake of calling them again and I'll give the cli another shot on Monday. I'll keep you posted !

Edited by GreatHornedOwl65

STOP calling Discover!!!

Thanks. I won't make the mistake of calling them again and I'll give the cli another shot on Monday. I'll keep you posted !

:good:

17 days... another $1000

So far 3×$500 and 2x $1000

:)

Congratulations!

What is your limit up to now?

STOP calling Discover!!!

^ this

I just got a brand new Discover and I don't want anyone messing up the 16-day deal before I'm eligible. :grin: