virtualtreasure

Discover luv button fixed: Your credit line has been increased.

Finally got Mom's Discovery over $5k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xyITlXq.png
Congrats.

57 minutes ago, IH8SPM said:

Another $3500. Up from $17500-$21000

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! 👍

14 minutes ago, bigpoppa09 said:

DW hit the luv button computer approved $300 called in got another $700 for a total of 1K.

Congrats to DW!!! 🎯

My quick scan didn't see it, and I don't see the 'search within thread' option at the moment?  But was Disco a 60-day wait between CLIs also?  TIA!

59 minutes ago, Zanshiro said:

My quick scan didn't see it, and I don't see the 'search within thread' option at the moment?  But was Disco a 60-day wait between CLIs also?  TIA!

You can request anytime. I recommend 91 days.

On 10/18/2018 at 11:46 PM, Kat58 said:

You can request anytime. I recommend 91 days.

*sets alarm on GCal*  Merci again.  I had odds at 5:1 you'd be the first to reply to this ;)

The 'luv' button seems to be broken for me,  I always get the "not sufficient experience with current credit line" denial of a CLI.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

28 minutes ago, Dennis007 said:

The 'luv' button seems to be broken for me,  I always get the "not sufficient experience with current credit line" denial of a CLI.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

Your credit may be too good.  They also don't like strong income or significant assets, so you could have as many as three things counting against you.

3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Your credit may be too good.  They also don't like strong income or significant assets, so you could have as many as three things counting against you.

I did not think it was possible to have 'too good of credit'.  I would like to think my income is on the strong side and I generally do keep a reserve of cash for emergencies.    So this is why many say Discover is subprime,

Discover like to see usage on the card for. CLI. I have gotten $2,000 to $3,000 CLIs consistently if I charged (about a few hundred dollars) in the past 3 or 6 months.

pressed love button for first time in almost a year. got the 2 day message and immediate call from Delaware asking me to confirm the HHI entered. CLI approved increasing limit to 41k. At this rate by the time I die discover will hit 50k.

FWIW I asked if I could send POI or a statement from CPA or 4506-t for a higher CLI and was told my account is not eligible for that type of review at this time. yawn.

Edited by hegemony

4 hours ago, hegemony said:

pressed love button for first time in almost a year. got the 2 day message and immediate call from Delaware asking me to confirm the HHI entered. CLI approved increasing limit to 41k. At this rate by the time I die discover will hit 50k.

FWIW I asked if I could send POI or a statement from CPA or 4506-t for a higher CLI and was told my account is not eligible for that type of review at this time. yawn.

Miss the next payment and jack up your utilization above 75% across the board and you"ll get there in no time! 😀

On 10/24/2018 at 1:40 PM, hegemony said:

19 hours ago, whipster said:

Yay! Finally after about a year of zilch got 3K of Luv. Christmas spirit?

Congratulations, whipster!!!

On 11/13/2018 at 4:10 AM, cv91915 said:

nah, i think that's not it. I just punched the button for DW and the popped another 5k for her.. bringing her limit to 34.2k
Disco shows her TU score at 826 which is roughly where it rides all the time +/- 3 points.
Income and assets are in very good shape.

I on the other hand am stuck at 43.4k with them for now, won't try again for about 6 months.. rarely use that card. I just like the numbers...

I only have luck with them after using the card and paying it off a couple of months in a row.. if we don't use one of them for 6-8 months, the button never works for either of us.

Edited by Core618
typoes

On 11/13/2018 at 2:10 AM, cv91915 said:

perhaps I should use it at walmart a few times and try again

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

perhaps I should use it at walmart a few times and try again

Pick up some holiday water while you're there!!

On 11/13/2018 at 5:10 AM, cv91915 said:

It's my guess that there's some truth to what you report here.  If so, I'd guess that they prefer to extend credit where they expect to generate revenue in return.  All the factors you cite point to someone who is a poor prospect for finance charges.

That still leaves merchant fee income on charging activity.  I'd love to see some anecdotal discussion of CLI success rate for the specific subset of reliable $500+/mo chargers.  I suspect a much stronger CLI success rate, notwithstanding the factors you cite, assuming an interval of 3 mo or 6 mo (whatever is standard for Discover) ... unless the requester is already at a limit threshold that's borderline excessive for their income or at a cap that requires docs.

Note, clearly there was a period around a year ago where Discover loosened the reins and charge activity wasn't a criteria for CLI approval.  I suspect that period is largely at an end.

Edited by hdporter

Does Discover do a hard pull for a credit line increase?  I'll be 91 days in December with only 3 payments toward Discover account.  $6K was my starting limit and I did some balance transfers.  Don't use it because it has a balance of $5.8K.

Edited by DoctorC