virtualtreasure

Discover luv button fixed: Your credit line has been increased.

My Discover card is by FAR, my highest limit card.

Opened: 10/2012

Current Limit: $61,000

I'd say if your Disco is your highest limit, you're simply not trying hard enough with your other cards.

I'd say if your Disco is your highest limit, you're simply not trying hard enough with your other cards.

+1

Wow what's the secret? Do you mash luv weekly?

:good:

Or I just don't have the desire to take potential hard pulls for credit I don't necessarily need. As long as Discover remains a soft pull every 90 days or so, I give it a shot. Citi I try when it's available, the rest would rather make it a chore to get a CLi.

Wow what's the secret? Do you mash luv weekly?

No, every 61-90 days or so. Never been asked for POI, just get continually extended. Wish I had a better answer.

They seem to really like certain people. The problem is we seem to never really be able correlate exactly what is is that they like. Hence the frustration many feel.

I understand it's really easy. But so is asking for CLI's anywhere else. I've had 10+ hard pulls on my report forever. No ones ever mentioned it even in conversations for CLI's. I see value in being able to call someone up and saying I want this amount. Not a roll of the dice.

They seem to really like certain people. The problem is we seem to never really be able correlate exactly what is is that they like. Hence the frustration many feel.

I understand it's really easy. But so is asking for CLI's anywhere else. I've had 10+ hard pulls on my report forever. No ones ever mentioned it even in conversations for CLI's. I see value in being able to call someone up and saying I want this amount. Not a roll of the dice.

I agree. I am one of the people they don't really like much. Other lenders have been generous, but I've had my Discover since '08, used it a multitude of ways & my limit remains low @$8200. 804 FICO 08/238k total limits/1%util/4.9yr AAOA/0 lates or negatives on any report. Time will tell with them. I use it 1-2/mo now & PIF.

I have 15 inquiries on TU, 11 on EXP & 9 on EQX. I get the too many inquiries only with score explanations. They hurt more when my score was lower, but haven't affected apps much since I was +720ish.

I just hit the wall at $43K.

Got the message that now is a good time to ask... went through the process...

"At this time we can not increase your credit line."

But hey... that's okay... I never thought Discover would give me a line this big anyway...

Discovery just called again. After the second review of my pay stub they were able to approve me for the ENTIRE $2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah...didn't see that coming. So how much time invested for said sub-2k?

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%2012.21.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%2012.20.

Plus I had to chase TD around for his pay stub for a couple of days, each time answering redundant questions about why I wanted it.

The incredible +$2,000 CLI after providing pay stubs and spending 16 minutes on the phone with three different people at Discovery showed up on my account yesterday morning.

Last night around 9:00 p.m. I received the email below. Note that I've already spoken to them three times in the past week, the matter is resolved, and the email refers to itself as a "letter."

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-01%20at%205.16.4

It's also annoying that they do not spell out the single-digit numbers within the sentences, but maybe that would confuse a large segment of their target market.

Also notable is that Discovery found the need to instruct me to dial a "1" before their phone number.

I agree. I am one of the people they don't really like much. Other lenders have been generous, but I've had my Discover since '08, used it a multitude of ways & my limit remains low @$8200. 804 FICO 08/238k total limits/1%util/4.9yr AAOA/0 lates or negatives on any report. Time will tell with them. I use it 1-2/mo now & PIF.

I have 15 inquiries on TU, 11 on EXP & 9 on EQX. I get the too many inquiries only with score explanations. They hurt more when my score was lower, but haven't affected apps much since I was +720ish.

Exactly. I'm at 9500. Card is 11 months old. Barely used it in 6 months. 760 Fico. There's no correlation. Edited by EricDET

Exactly. I'm at 9500. Card is 11 months old. Barely used it in 6 months. 760 Fico. There's no correlation.

TK received a $1500 increase on 1/31/2017.

She was approved for Discover ~2 years post Bk discharge (see her siggy).

@TK - Stop griping, or I'll tell Discover to put that red flag back on your account :P

Or I just don't have the desire to take potential hard pulls for credit I don't necessarily need. As long as Discover remains a soft pull every 90 days or so, I give it a shot. Citi I try when it's available, the rest would rather make it a chore to get a CLi.

Then EricDET's statement was correct.

I have heard good things about mail order brides.

I might buy one with my Discovery card.

Except you'll have a hard time using your Discover outside of the US. ;)

Exactly. I'm at 9500. Card is 11 months old. Barely used it in 6 months. 760 Fico. There's no correlation.

@TK - Stop griping, or I'll tell Discover to put that red flag back on your account :P

Yes, I was 2 yrs post discharge when I was approved & yes, I did receive a CLI 01/31. Both very accurate. The post was in reference to the odd & unpredictable nature of Discover's CLs & CLIs.

PS: If you get me red-flagged, I'll plant evidence in their internal servers that you've cheated on them & sought attention from other creditors

PS: If you get me red-flagged, I'll plant evidence in their internal servers that you've cheated on them & sought attention from other creditors

:rofl:

:rofl:

LOL

She doesn't know me very well... does she :rolleyes:

Yes, I was 2 yrs post discharge when I was approved & yes, I did receive a CLI 01/31. Both very accurate. The post was in reference to the odd & unpredictable nature of Discover's CLs & CLIs.

I think Kat works for Discover. :lol: