virtualtreasure

Discover luv button fixed: Your credit line has been increased.

Just got the 2-day message.

Got a phone call today offering to bump me from $50,000 to $52,000 with POI. :rofl:

Submitting POI for a $2K CLI doesn't seem worth it. I'd counter and say I'll submit POI for $60K, and call it a day.

During the short phone call she stated the income amount that I included with my CLI request, and asked me to confirm it.

I could hear the skepticism in her voice when she asked, as if I had claimed to make eleven trillion dollars a year.

So the only POI she asked for, was for you to confirm by phone the amount you included with your CLI request?

No. I am supposed to follow up by sending pay stubs to an email address she gave me.

My wife has two accounts with Discover. In the past few days she has one account bumped to $28.8K and the other to $25.1K , I'm going to have her attempt to merge the CL's into one account.

My wife has two accounts with Discover. In the past few days she has one account bumped to $28.8K and the other to $25.1K , I'm going to have her attempt to merge the CL's into one account.

Good Luck! :)

A $54K Discover? That would be impressive.

A $54K Discover? That would be impressive.

Just updated my income information and my credit line went from 33K to 40K (One Card). I know people that have 50 to 60K discover card credit line on just one account.

I finally got a meaningful increase from discover.

+$3K to $9500. Finally making it NOT my lowest limit card. Lol.

Congratulations!

How old is your Discover card?

I have a disco and I am wondering does it make sense to get another and mash luv on both? Seems it would grow twice as fast and once they get to 50k each I could combine and have $100k disco. Has anyone tried this?

Got a phone call today offering to bump me from $50,000 to $52,000 with POI. :rofl:

Submitting POI for a $2K CLI doesn't seem worth it. I'd counter and say I'll submit POI for $60K, and call it a day.

During the short phone call she stated the income amount that I included with my CLI request, and asked me to confirm it.

I could hear the skepticism in her voice when she asked, as if I had claimed to make eleven trillion dollars a year.

So the only POI she asked for, was for you to confirm by phone the amount you included with your CLI request?

No. I am supposed to follow up by sending pay stubs to an email address she gave me.

I sent in TD's and my last pay stub on Friday. I used the email address provided by the rep who called me, and the subject line contains my home phone number, as instructed.

Early this morning I got this email from Discovery:

Dear Applicant:

In order to answer your question, we need to speak to you. Please call (800) 347-4736, at your earliest convenience. We appreciate your interest in the Discover® Card and look forward to hearing from you!

New Accounts Team

1(800)347-4736

Mon-Fri 8am-Midnight ET

Sat-Sun 8am-10pm ET

:rofl:

I sent in TD's and my last pay stub on Friday. I used the email address provided by the rep who called me, and the subject line contains my home phone number, as instructed.

Dear Applicant:

In order to answer your question, we need to speak to you. Please call (800) 347-4736, at your earliest convenience. We appreciate your interest in the Discover® Card and look forward to hearing from you!

New Accounts Team

1(800)347-4736

Mon-Fri 8am-Midnight ET

Sat-Sun 8am-10pm ET

This is exactly why I haven't pulled the trigger on trying to get this thing over 50k.

Dear Applicant:

New Accounts Team

1(800)347-4736

Mon-Fri 8am-Midnight ET

Sat-Sun 8am-10pm ET

This is exactly why I haven't pulled the trigger on trying to get this thing over 50k.

My next attempt would put me over 50K as well. I'm debating if I want the hassle this would involve.

Dear Applicant:

New Accounts Team

1(800)347-4736

Mon-Fri 8am-Midnight ET

Sat-Sun 8am-10pm ET

They don't ask for proof of employment and income in order to give you a credit increase that goes over $50k, they only ask once your limit is already $50k+ and you are asking for more. My pay stubs are available online as pdf files, so it only took me 2 minutes to email them the pay stub they requested (that was going from $51.5K to $54.5K, and they already told me on the phone that I qualified for the $54.5K once I sent in the POI). They ask for phone number associated with the card so that they can look up your account without having you email the card number.

I've had my card for 4 years now, and basically only use it heavily when Amazon is the 5% category. Otherwise its just a little usage each month to make sure I get my free FICO score ;) And my income is only $62K. If they aren't grilling ME with questions, when I've only charged over $1000 seven times in four years, only one of which went over $2000 but most were much closer to $1000, and my average monthly spend over the 4 years is only $330 which hardly justifies needing $50K+ credit limits, I really don't think most people have much to worry about here. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

disco-spend.png

Dear Applicant:

New Accounts Team

1(800)347-4736

Mon-Fri 8am-Midnight ET

Sat-Sun 8am-10pm ET

My next attempt would put me over 50K as well. I'm debating if I want the hassle this would involve.

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

I just spent 12 minutes with Discovery's US-BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM to learn that they can't figure out how to interpret my pay stub, which shows everything that anyone with an IQ of 70 or greater would need to calculate my employment income.

The person to whom I spoke didn't even have access to the document that we were discussing. She was reading me notes from the mouth-breather who rejected my pay stub.

I carefully explained where on the document they could find the pieces of information they needed, and she took notes and then escalated the document to a supervisor for review.

I need to call back in 2-3 days to see how the review went.

Dear Applicant:

New Accounts Team

1(800)347-4736

Mon-Fri 8am-Midnight ET

Sat-Sun 8am-10pm ET

I just spent 12 minutes with Discovery's US-BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM to learn that they can't figure out how to interpret my pay stub, which shows everything that anyone with an IQ of 70 or greater would need to calculate my employment income.

The person to whom I spoke didn't even have access to the document that we were discussing. She was reading me notes from the mouth-breather who rejected my pay stub.

I carefully explained where on the document they could find the pieces of information they needed, and she took notes and then escalated the document to a supervisor for review.

Yeah, for 1-2k increase...no thanks.

Lol $25,500 to $26,000

Thanks for the $500. Ficos around 765

+$5k to $29k. The next CLI will bring Discover into my top 3 highest limits.

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Just got the 2-day message. Then...

Dear Applicant:

New Accounts Team

1(800)347-4736

Mon-Fri 8am-Midnight ET

Sat-Sun 8am-10pm ET

Yeah, for 1-2k increase...no thanks.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-26%20at%201.00.3

That's the problem. It's the US based (and likely US public school educated) customer service team.

Discovery just called again. After the second review of my pay stub they were able to approve me for the ENTIRE $2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+$5k to $29k. The next CLI will bring Discover into my top 3 highest limits.

CONGRATS!!!!

Discovery just called again. After the second review of my pay stub they were able to approve me for the ENTIRE $2,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah...didn't see that coming. So how much time invested for said sub-2k?

Woah...didn't see that coming. So how much time invested for said sub-2k?

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%2012.21.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-27%20at%2012.20.

Plus I had to chase TD around for his pay stub for a couple of days, each time answering redundant questions about why I wanted it.