virtualtreasure

Discover luv button fixed: Your credit line has been increased.

What's the time frame for requesting CLIs?

I have to admit, I don't know when I should try again. This is my first CLI from Discover. :swoon:

I believe it's every 3 months.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=540496&page=4&do=findComment&comment=5219894

Apparently not... I got a $3500 increase on Feb 11. After reading this thread I just tried again...

Your credit line increase of $1,500 is complete.

I love this place. My Discover has gone from $1600 to $6600 in less than 3 months.

I have to admit, I don't know when I should try again. This is my first CLI from Discover. :swoon:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=540496&page=4&do=findComment&comment=5219894

Apparently not... I got a $3500 increase on Feb 11. After reading this thread I just tried again...

I love this place. My Discover has gone from $1600 to $6600 in less than 3 months.

Please tell us more.

- When did you open the card?

- When was each CLI?

- Call UW or online/automated phone for each? HP or SP?

- What kind of spend did you run through the card?

Online, the CLI page says, "After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent."

I believe the automated phone system will try to transfer you to a human if they are going to do a hard pull. Hang up if you only want a soft.

After submitting, they will tell you if you want to proceed, a HP will be used

Oh, well at least they let you know. I hear so many stories about people waking up with new inquiries on their reports after a CLI.

Please tell us more.

- When did you open the card?

- When was each CLI?

- Call UW or online/automated phone for each? HP or SP?

- What kind of spend did you run through the card?

I opened the card back in back in March 2013, $1600 limit. Tried several times to get a CLI online or by phone (cus support, not automated), but always stopped when told they would have to do a HP. Last time was in December. $3500 increase in Feb, and $1500 today, both from luv button, no calling, no HP.

I used it a good deal in 2013 for business expenses, but sock drawered it all of 2014. I've only used it once since 2013 - a to-the-limit BT in November ($1500 or so.)

Edited by spreereview

What is the newest Discover card anyone has successfully CLI'ed?

I have one opened Jan 29 -- and I think I should wait until it is 3 months old before trying.

Opened at the end of November, started at 8.5k, they increased me on their own to 10.2 last month I think, maybe two months? Anyways it just SP'd me and gave me an extra 2.5k

+500 to 2000, almost one third to my average TL now! woop woop!

Edited by mrage

Opened at the end of November, started at 8.5k, they increased me on their own to 10.2 last month I think, maybe two months? Anyways it just SP'd me and gave me an extra 2.5k

I'd say they started you off with a low limit. They gave me the same starting limit with an EQ08 of 693.

Damn, going to have to turn on my computer. I want a higher limit on my ugly cassette tape. It is really ugly, nothing like the picture online.

I'd say so too. I think they were trying to one up Amex and chase which were both at 6k at the time. I just recently increased Amex to 15, Chase wants a HP which I won't give them so I'm stuck there.

I'm not one to seek out high limits, I PIF a few times a month anyways.

Edited by Rebuilding2010

I'd say so too. I think they were trying to one up Amex and chase which were both at 6k at the time. I just recently increased Amex to 15, Chase wants a HP which I won't give them so I'm stuck there.

I'm not one to seek out high limits, I PIF a few times a month anyways.

My highest is NFCU at $25K, but Discover hasn't budged for me since Feb 2014. This was my first CLI.

There are theories here on CB that they prefer thin, clean files and give more generous limits when they think they have a chance to be prominent in your profile.

They were my highest non-CU limit when approved at $8500.

Approved 1k CLI!

THEN I got a little greedy and hit it again.....

It said it was going to manual review ...

Great another darn HP on TU

Damn, going to have to turn on my computer. I want a higher limit on my ugly cassette tape. It is really ugly, nothing like the picture online.

$1,000 with a soft. Makes it $4,000 now.

Received a $1,500 CLI via hard pull in December when the account wasn't quite 4 months old.

Still my lowest limit.

Still an ugly card.

CREDIT LINE INCREASE REQUEST
Your credit line increase of $1,000 is complete.

Same here... always wanted a hard and not taking it for a card that only gets heavy use at Christmas time.

I got $1k. My limit is now $17.5k. I have been getting CLI's regularly, every 3 or so months. My last one before today's was was in early December. I tried at exactly 3 mos. mark a couple weeks ago, and it defaulted to the HP language, so I backed out.

I use the card regularly, for small purchases a few times a month (total of around $150 give or take), then PIF. I have used BT in the past, not not in a while. My account has been open since 4/2011, started with a $4k limit.