M$ speed bumps

Konrad2012

I finally found a working Kate on the 4th walmart I tried. Unfortunately, I had MC GC's instead of VGC and it gave me the 9 digit pin error on both. But I was able to load them with a cashier, no matter. My usual VGC source was out but usually have a stock of Sunnie VGC, so it's good to know I'll likely be able to grab a few there and load them at that Kate. Have been very fortunate to have had helpful cashiers every trip at both Walmart and FD thus far.

I'm about halfway through knocking out the Discover promo. I've been taking it deliberately a little slow but with the death of RB I'm afraid of Serve getting swamped, so I'm going to go ahead and seal the deal in the coming weeks. My next trip I'm going to attempt to max load serve ($2,500) in one trip; WAG, grocer, then unload at FD and WM.

Now that I'm getting the hang of it, I need to develop a strategy for after the Discover AP promo. I do have some cap room left on my BCP, so that's first I guess. But beyond that I supposed my next move should be to apply for an Ink.

I finally found a working Kate on the 4th walmart I tried. Unfortunately, I had MC GC's instead of VGC and it gave me the 9 digit pin error on both. But I was able to load them with a cashier, no matter. My usual VGC source was out but usually have a stock of Sunnie VGC, so it's good to know I'll likely be able to grab a few there and load them at that Kate. Have been very fortunate to have had helpful cashiers every trip at both Walmart and FD thus far.

I'm about halfway through knocking out the Discover promo. I've been taking it deliberately a little slow but with the death of RB I'm afraid of Serve getting swamped, so I'm going to go ahead and seal the deal in the coming weeks. My next trip I'm going to attempt to max load serve ($2,500) in one trip; WAG, grocer, then unload at FD and WM.

Now that I'm getting the hang of it, I need to develop a strategy for after the Discover AP promo. I do have some cap room left on my BCP, so that's first I guess. But beyond that I supposed my next move should be to apply for an Ink.

Have you been checking all those Walmarts to see if you can BP to CC's? Edited by Konrad2012

Have you been checking all those Walmarts to see if you can BP to CC's?

I haven't dipped my toes in that yet, but I would assume so as things seem pretty lax overall. I haven't once been asked to show my 'debit' cards, for instance. If Serve GC loads die or I for some reason decide to ramp up my volume, I suppose that would be my next foray.

Have you been checking all those Walmarts to see if you can BP to CC's?

I haven't dipped my toes in that yet, but I would assume so as things seem pretty lax overall. I haven't once been asked to show my 'debit' cards, for instance. If Serve GC loads die or I for some reason decide to ramp up my volume, I suppose that would be my next foray.

It's a good idea to find out which locations take CC payments because many no longer can. On top of that, you need to find a location that is OK with you using VGCs.

I've got some U.S. Bank MC GC's that I didn't get a chance to unload before RB got shut down. I *think* that I've used these same MC GC's before at WM, but when I tried to convert them to MO's today, they were ringing up as Credit instead of Debit. The CSR is someone I've done MO's with before, and she was surprised that they were ringing as Credit, so I don't think it's an operator-error issue.

Anyone have any input on U.S. Bank MC GC's at WM, and suggestions on other options to drain them?

Edited by JeffeVerde

I've got some U.S. Bank MC GC's that I didn't get a chance to unload before RB got shut down. I *think* that I've used these same MC GC's before at WM, but when I tried to convert them to MO's today, they were ringing up as Credit instead of Debit. The CSR is someone I've done MO's with before, and she was surprised that they were ringing as Credit, so I don't think it's an operator-error issue.

Anyone have any input on U.S. Bank MC GC's at WM, and suggestions on other options to drain them?

There is a work around that used to work but it's a pain. The keypad would flash quickly a yellow box in the corner after you swiped and you could hit it quickly to change tender from credit to debit. You had to be quick.

Not sure if this still happens with Walmart upgrading stuff for the chip cards but it might still work. I just take mine to FD and load serve now.

There is a work around that used to work but it's a pain. The keypad would flash quickly a yellow box in the corner after you swiped and you could hit it quickly to change tender from credit to debit. You had to be quick.

Not sure if this still happens with Walmart upgrading stuff for the chip cards but it might still work. I just take mine to FD and load serve now.

Yep. I loaded a US BANK MC at a Walmart a couple months ago. Have to watch for for yellow "change payment" box on the screen. Hover over the screen and be ready to hit it when it appears and you can change payment to debit. Not all Walmarts have the exact same terminals. There was a big long thread about this on Flyertalk back in the day when it started happening. From posters reports there were at least two types of displays depending on how new the terminals are at your Walmart. I think some of the terminals had physical buttons and others were on screen. The gist of it is if it defaults to credit you need to change payment to debit real quick after the swipe.

Yep. I loaded a US BANK MC at a Walmart a couple months ago. Have to watch for for yellow "change payment" box on the screen. Hover over the screen and be ready to hit it when it appears and you can change payment to debit. Not all Walmarts have the exact same terminals. There was a big long thread about this on Flyertalk back in the day when it started happening. From posters reports there were at least two types of displays depending on how new the terminals are at your Walmart. I think some of the terminals had physical buttons and others were on screen. The gist of it is if it defaults to credit you need to change payment to debit real quick after the swipe.

Thanks Hy and Tyra. I remember reading about this, but hadn't run into the issue until now. I'll give it a try - worst case, there's always R$ :P

Anyone know what Sam's Club codes as? Just wondering if I can get 6% back with my BCP because I spend thousands there a year and my job reimburses me.

Sam's Club, Target, WalMart, CostCo, ETC... code as a discount store for Amex.

Anyone know what Sam's Club codes as? Just wondering if I can get 6% back with my BCP because I spend thousands there a year and my job reimburses me.

Sam's Club, Target, WalMart, CostCo, ETC... code as a discount store for Amex.

That sucks, but thanks for the info!

Come on man. Be a little creative. Buy VGC's or AGC's at the grocery store with your BCP, then dump them at Sam's Club on reimbursable spend. You'll still clear ~5%. If the spend is high enough, get an Old Blue Cash and once you hit the min spend you can get 5% on VGC's/AGC's at the supermarket for the next $50K. You'll still clear ~4% that route.

Edited by Konrad2012

Since the cats out of the bag everywhere else here ya go folks....................Macerich Malls (at least the ones in Chicago) have free......YES I SAID FREE (no purchase fee)........VGC's till the 22nd. $2,500 per day.

Your welcome.

Since the cats out of the bag everywhere else here ya go folks....................Macerich Malls (at least the ones in Chicago) have free......YES I SAID FREE (no purchase fee)........VGC's till the 22nd. $2,500 per day.

Your welcome.

Great. Now Macerich is going to turn into a headache like Simon.

Your welcome.

Great. Now Macerich is going to turn into a headache like Simon.

I did not attend the Flyertalk convention this last weekend but I ran into a couple at Macerich earlier today who did. They said that announcements were made saying that the Macerich GC's were fee free the next few days. I also found a blog or two that mentioned it.

Like I said, the cats out of the bag...

Your welcome.

Not sure what the big deal is. 5x at G/G/D is still a way better deal.

At least Serve is still good for Amex Spend Requirements and $20.00 CB/month on the Fidelity

Does the original serve cost $ for reloads?

How is Serve good for AmEx spend requirements?

I have to do $8k in AmEx spend, but unable to visit any physical locations to buy / drain GCs. What can I do?

Is PayPal an option?

Confused.

At least Serve is still good for Amex Spend Requirements and $20.00 CB/month on the Fidelity

Does the original serve cost $ for reloads?

How is Serve good for AmEx spend requirements?

I have to do $8k in AmEx spend, but unable to visit any physical locations to buy / drain GCs. What can I do?

Is PayPal an option?

Confused.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=547319

Important Information

Guidelines