Cosmos, the Target load has become YMMV in some areas but IME all my neighborhood Targets are very friendly.

Last Saturday at my closest Target the cashier was pretty confused. So I went to another Target...I had to be in that area anyway. The cashier was very easy to deal with. Plus both had Target ATM machines. I'll just be patient and wait for the RB card in the mail.

If all works as it should, I can load the card with the VGC and then w/d from the Target ATM machine and then deposit the $$ in my bank.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to STOP asking stores questions and read this thread first.  

I've had no problems at a local grocery store (national chain) running both store-type gift cards as well as the V/MC/AXP gift cards and paying with American Express.  Granted, i was not doing it for

Vanilla. They work with serve at Family Dollar but not at Walmart.  I'll add that it is hit or miss on variable loads. My closest Walgreens only carries $200 VGC's. Another town away they have $50

Cosmos, I use RB as there are no machines in our Walmarts . I find the RB easy to load. I usually go to the CS desk instead of cashier, and they have no problems with split tender, or multiple loads or however I choose to do it. I am in one of the early test areas though, so they already have a lot of experience with it. Bill Pay is easy to set up. I have not found a need to use the ATM at all.

Cosmos, I use RB as there are no machines in our Walmarts . I find the RB easy to load. I usually go to the CS desk instead of cashier, and they have no problems with split tender, or multiple loads or however I choose to do it. I am in one of the early test areas though, so they already have a lot of experience with it. Bill Pay is easy to set up. I have not found a need to use the ATM at all.

Thanks.

Wth? CV left too? He wasn't even involved in any of that BS.

Maybe I misread but I thought I saw that

Have you seen CV post?

By the way, I hung out with Shed last Saturday night at Château nightclub in Vegas. The dude is still an animal.

I guess I missed some CB drama? CV and mendel left? I read their posts with interest.

Anyways, does anyone know if any other cards work with Walmart kiosks? I know that Metabank cards do and Vanilla cards don't. But what about amex gift cards or other brands?

Also, if I put money into Serve online with an Amex credit card, are there cash advance fees assessed?

I did it! I went to Giant Eagle but they didn't have the variable load VGC. The highest denomination for a VGC was only $200 with a fee of $6.95. So I went to Walgreens. Bought the VGC (fee $4.95) and then went to Target. Loaded it onto the RedBird. Easy peasy! In fact the young cute male associate was all too eager to help me. I used my CC card to pay for the VGC. It has a chip. No problem at all.

The VGC needs to to set a pin at first use. Before I loaded the VGC, I was thirsty and bought a bottle of water at the Target cafe.

I'll pay the CC after it posts.

I wonder how long the RedBird card will work? I need to meet one more spending to get a bonus. Maybe two. How close does AMEX look at these cards?

I was really scared at first doing this thinking I would get flagged for fraud. I'm enjoying a nice cold German beer right now!

Edited by Cosmos Human

What type of VGC does Walgreens typically sell?

Vanilla. They work with serve at Family Dollar but not at Walmart.

I'll add that it is hit or miss on variable loads. My closest Walgreens only carries $200 VGC's. Another town away they have $500 variable's.

Edited by hyschmied

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    elev8Life

Important Information

Guidelines